Main Menu

Spagbook

Started by Cramulus, January 22, 2010, 02:42:20 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

EK WAFFLR

TGRR: Thanks. :)
Nigel: Thanks! <3

Quote from: P3nT4gR4m on July 31, 2014, 06:05:48 PM

Well played. You've gone from tub of shit to tank! fucking good going for a year, I'd say. For added effect - tank up on fluids then dehydrate for a couple of days to achieve Ripped! Don't do it too often, tho. Bad for you.

I should try that some time. My goal now is to get rid of the flab, lift a 100lbs (then 500kgs) total, and better conditioning. I suck at that.

Edit: i derped with the metrics.
"At first I lifted weights.  But then I asked myself, 'why not people?'  Now everyone runs for the fjord when they see me."

Horribly Oscillating Assbasket of Deliciousness
[/b]

Mesozoic Mister Nigel

Why hello, Delcon! What a lovely couple you are!
"I'm guessing it was January 2007, a meeting in Bethesda, we got a bag of bees and just started smashing them on the desk," Charles Wick said. "It was very complicated."

The Good Reverend Roger

Quote from: Allfader Waffles on August 07, 2014, 12:36:55 PM

So, started lifting this week.  My torso is dog food. 
" It's just that Depeche Mode were a bunch of optimistic loveburgers."
- TGRR, shaming himself forever, 7/8/2017

"Billy, when I say that ethics is our number one priority and safety is also our number one priority, you should take that to mean exactly what I said. Also quality. That's our number one priority as well. Don't look at me that way, you're in the corporate world now and this is how it works."
- TGRR, raising the bar at work.

EK WAFFLR

"At first I lifted weights.  But then I asked myself, 'why not people?'  Now everyone runs for the fjord when they see me."

[/b]

The Good Reverend Roger

Quote from: Allfader Waffles on August 07, 2014, 04:49:11 PM
Quote from: The Good Reverend Roger on August 07, 2014, 03:49:15 PM

:lulz:

That mostly happens to my knees.

My trainer has me starting out on upper body.  I haven't actually gotten underneath a bar yet.  Noob is noob.  It's still my first week.

"Billy, when I say that ethics is our number one priority and safety is also our number one priority, you should take that to mean exactly what I said. Also quality. That's our number one priority as well. Don't look at me that way, you're in the corporate world now and this is how it works."

Eater of Clowns

Quote from: The Good Reverend Roger on August 07, 2014, 06:05:19 PM

My trainer has me starting out on upper body.  I haven't actually gotten underneath a bar yet.  Noob is noob.  It's still my first week.

I know that feeling. I've been hitting the gym once a week with my brother in law for the last two months (with my regular running in between) and I'm still leaving there unable to move for a few days afterward. Great feeling!
Quote from: Pippa Twiddleton on December 22, 2012, 01:06:36 AM
EoC, you are the bane of my existence.

Quote from: The Good Reverend Roger on March 07, 2014, 01:18:23 AM
EoC doesn't make creepy.

EoC makes creepy worse.

the afflicted persons get hold of and consume carrots even in socially quite unacceptable situations.

LMNO

Ugh.  You healthy sons of bitches.  I'm procrastinating doing the couch-to-5k as hard as I can, and YOU'RE NOT HELPING.

EK WAFFLR

Quote from: The Good Reverend Roger on August 07, 2014, 06:05:19 PM

I feel ya. I worked out for 5 months before going under a bar.

[/b]

Eater of Clowns

Quote from: LMNO, PhD (life continues) on August 07, 2014, 06:23:15 PM
Ugh.  You healthy sons of bitches.  I'm procrastinating doing the couch-to-5k as hard as I can, and YOU'RE NOT HELPING.

Summer sucks for running. It's hot as fuck. I still think it's awesome to start at any time.

My "big" 5k is the Get Your Rear in Gear. My entire family runs or walks it in memory of my uncle, who died of colon cancer. It's what got me started running. It's usually in late October/early November, so that could be one to shoot for that'll put your training right around when it starts cooling off outside.

EoC doesn't make creepy.

EoC makes creepy worse.

the afflicted persons get hold of and consume carrots even in socially quite unacceptable situations.

The Good Reverend Roger

I know, right?  No smoking, hardly any alcohol ever, and now this.

minuspace

I kind of want to avoid the gym, so I built me a chin-up bar from plumbing supplies.  I can only do about six or seven reps tho - seems like I'm starting back a little too heavy  :?

LMNO

Quote from: The Good Reverend Roger on August 07, 2014, 07:08:30 PM

I know, right?  No smoking, hardly any alcohol ever, and now this.

Don't worry, I'm drinking enough wine for two.  At least.

ñͤͣ̄ͦ̌̑͗͊͛͂͗ ̸̨̨̣̺̼̣̜͙͈͕̮̊̈́̈͂͛̽͊ͭ̓͆ͅé ̰̓̓́ͯ́́͞

Quote from: LuciferX on August 07, 2014, 07:09:17 PM
I kind of want to avoid the gym, so I built me a chin-up bar from plumbing supplies.  I can only do about six or seven reps tho - seems like I'm starting back a little too heavy  :?

Fuck the gym! I hate gyms and the vain, pretentious douches that tend to populate them.

Why pay for that shit when you could yeah, install a chin-up bar for pocket change, walk, jog, run, do squats, lunges, push-ups and sit-ups (and variations on them to target muscle groups), ride a bike, take the stairs, put some extra weight in a backpack and carry that shit around with you, or just about anything else.

I hate the hostile competition of the gym, the people telling me I need to eat more, the shitbag wannabe trainers trying to cramp my style for not wanting their shitty services, the people who try to distract you to validate their sense of attractiveness by placing themselves directly in your field of vision when there were 30 other free goddamn treadmills to choose from, the mirrors, jesus fucking christ the mirrors, the creepy fucks using the mirrors to examine you without you noticing, the 'roid rage, the idiot that refuses to clean their armpits, the bad music blared over the PA system, the psychology of the fee fucking with your motivation to exercise....

:pissed:
P E R   A S P E R A   A D   A S T R A

Eater of Clowns

You get people like that, sure, and yes you can totally get in shape with home workouts. I was very anti-gym for many of those reasons until I started going. Mostly I found polite and friendly people who are just into physical fitness.

EoC doesn't make creepy.

EoC makes creepy worse.

ñͤͣ̄ͦ̌̑͗͊͛͂͗ ̸̨̨̣̺̼̣̜͙͈͕̮̊̈́̈͂͛̽͊ͭ̓͆ͅé ̰̓̓́ͯ́́͞

Quote from: Eater of Clowns on August 07, 2014, 08:31:31 PM
You get people like that, sure, and yes you can totally get in shape with home workouts. I was very anti-gym for many of those reasons until I started going. Mostly I found polite and friendly people who are just into physical fitness.

I was very pro-gym until I started going.
P E R   A S P E R A   A D   A S T R A