News:

PD.com: Where we throw rocks at your sacred cows

Main Menu

If I seem a little non-talkative...

Started by The Good Reverend Roger, January 25, 2012, 09:25:36 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Cain

You can at least take some solace in that you recognize what is going on.  That's definitely a good sign.

It's when you don't realise it that it becomes the problem, as you know all too well.

The Good Reverend Roger

Quote from: Cain on January 25, 2012, 10:07:43 PM
You can at least take some solace in that you recognize what is going on.  That's definitely a good sign.

It's when you don't realise it that it becomes the problem, as you know all too well.

Yeah.  Bad times.
" It's just that Depeche Mode were a bunch of optimistic loveburgers."
- TGRR, shaming himself forever, 7/8/2017

"Billy, when I say that ethics is our number one priority and safety is also our number one priority, you should take that to mean exactly what I said. Also quality. That's our number one priority as well. Don't look at me that way, you're in the corporate world now and this is how it works."
- TGRR, raising the bar at work.

The Good Reverend Roger

Quote from: Pixie on January 25, 2012, 10:03:27 PM
Roger, feel free to hit me up on PM's if you need to talk it out. I remember the paranoia I was in a couple years ago. Its not a good place. Imma second what Eve said about recognising the pattern, it's half the battle.

Thanks.

"Billy, when I say that ethics is our number one priority and safety is also our number one priority, you should take that to mean exactly what I said. Also quality. That's our number one priority as well. Don't look at me that way, you're in the corporate world now and this is how it works."

Eater of Clowns

Quote from: Richter on January 25, 2012, 09:44:11 PM
Quote from: Eater of Clowns on January 25, 2012, 09:32:50 PM
Sorry to hear that, Roger.

I'm totally a plotting hyena, though.  Not against you, but yeah, always plotting, always with the sinister laugh.

Oh, and my matriarch has a vestigial penis.

We're still on for carrion and cackling at lost caravan travelers tomorrow, right?

Hmm I'll be up late crying into the night in hopes a woman will give birth to a thief, so maybe later in the day.  They're always more despairing when the sun is high anyway.

Quote from: LMNO, PhD (life continues) on January 25, 2012, 09:59:54 PM
EoC, I'm so sorry to hear about your matriarch's penis.

Don't feel too bad, she wasn't missing it like Whoopie Goldberg.
Quote from: Pippa Twiddleton on December 22, 2012, 01:06:36 AM
EoC, you are the bane of my existence.

Quote from: The Good Reverend Roger on March 07, 2014, 01:18:23 AM
EoC doesn't make creepy.

EoC makes creepy worse.

the afflicted persons get hold of and consume carrots even in socially quite unacceptable situations.

Mesozoic Mister Nigel

Aw. :( I hope this passes reasonably quickly.
"I'm guessing it was January 2007, a meeting in Bethesda, we got a bag of bees and just started smashing them on the desk," Charles Wick said. "It was very complicated."

President Television

I hear you, Rog. I've been in a pretty bad place too lately, though my problem is more that I seem to have lost the ability to laugh.
Here's hoping we both get over it.
My shit list: Stephen Harper, anarchists that complain about taxes instead of institutionalized torture, those people walking, anyone who lets a single aspect of themselves define their entire personality, salesmen that don't smoke pipes, Fredericton New Brunswick, bigots, philosophy majors, my nemesis, pirates that don't do anything, criminals without class, sociopaths, narcissists, furries, juggalos, foes.

EK WAFFLR

:(
You are a truly excellent man from what little I know of you, and I hope you'll get better soon!
"At first I lifted weights.  But then I asked myself, 'why not people?'  Now everyone runs for the fjord when they see me."

Horribly Oscillating Assbasket of Deliciousness
[/b]

Luna

Hang in there, man, and call or PM if you feel the need.

Death-dealing hormone freak of deliciousness
Pagan-Stomping Valkyrie of the Interbutts™
Rampaging Slayer of Shit-Fountain Habitues

"My father says that almost the whole world is asleep. Everybody you know, everybody you see, everybody you talk to. He says that only a few people are awake, and they live in a state of constant, total amazement."

Quote from: The Payne on November 16, 2011, 07:08:55 PM
If Luna was a furry, she'd sex humans and scream "BEASTIALITY!" at the top of her lungs at inopportune times.

Quote from: Nigel on March 24, 2011, 01:54:48 AM
I like the Luna one. She is a good one.

"Stop talking to yourself.  You don't like you any better than anyone else who knows you."

Cainad (dec.)

Get better quick, Rog. No one else has the training or skills needed to keep the Mind Lazors properly calibrated. Next thing you know we'll be all forming our own opinions and shit.

Oh, and that whole "I hope you feel better because I think you're awesome and deserve to have a good time, regardless of what your biology thinks" thing. That too. :wink:

Nephew Twiddleton

WOMP for your entertainment forthcoming. Got side tracked tonight.
Strange and Terrible Organ Laminator of Yesterday's Heavy Scene
Sentence or sentence fragment pending

Soy El Vaquero Peludo de Oro

TIM AM I, PRIMARY OF THE EXTRA-ATMOSPHERIC SIMIANS

BadBeast

I know how you feel Rog. I had a horrendously epic Paranoid episode when I was about 20. Totally self induced, but quite a ride. It started off in a Dairy, with a little skinny Lancashire Biker, and 350 Durophet tablets. And wound up 8 days later, with me hiding in a big wardrobe, laid on the floor in the dark.

Being in the dark, made me notice the flashes whenever the secret cameras hidden in the drywall (I think) took a picture. Then dead rock stars began walking through the walls, stopping for a quick "Hello" and floating away again. Jim Morrisson. Hendrix. Sid. Gene Vincent. And the thing is, I wasn't fazed because it all seemed so everyday and normal for that to happen.

Then I heard boots coming up the stairs, and I knew they'd found me. They stopped outside my door, and I heard a voice say "Shall we wait for him to come out, or shall we kick the door in?"

I looked through the crack under the door, and saw two pairs of shiny black boots. They were very military looking. So I climbed out of the window, risking getting torn apart by the mob. Who had luckily vanished by then. (It was about 3am) It all seemed so . . . . . . real?

I was hallucinating my head off for about 4 days, but it wasn't like I'd taken acid. If it was I could have said to myself "It's just the acid, I'll be fine in a few hours". Turned out I'd been steadily descending into amphetamine psychosis for days. No-one fucking warned me about that shit! It's nostalgic to look back at it now, 25 years later, but fucking hell, I thought I'd totally permanently fried my brain.

Someone had tried at some point (Day 5) to bring me back down to Earth with Temazepam and Scotch. Apparently I was very drunk, insensibly drunk, no limbic function to speak of, just spastic twitches, from the imaginary electric shock therapy I wasn't really getting. 

However, I still had 3 hippopotamus sized doses of speed coursing around in my system. So I was trying to speak at 300 miles an hour, but my poor tongue was too drunk to make words. I'm told was like a frothy Pentecostal, with cerebral palsy, in full "Speaking in tongues" epiphany mode. For 10 hours.

So Day 6 found me wrapped in a curtain in a neighbour's kitchen, at dawn, with 2 empty Chivas Regal bottles. (I know! I must have     been quite far gone to merit Chivas) So I ducked out. Things were a bit hectic in town, I was getting stalked by pigeons, and insulted by seagulls.

Next thing I know, It's a day and a half later, and I'm in a dark wooden box. At first I thought I'd been buried. But the coat-hangers I'd been using for a pillow gave it away. But I felt better.  I'd like to be able to say I learned something valuable from the whole experience. Like "And I never took speed again" but I can't.

I did learn that Paranoia can be a fun place to visit for an afternoons light tripping. But you don't want to be going Native there. Or even miss your Bus home. (Or I don't.) I'm so truly thankful that I didn't end up coming to the attention of any Medical Professional during those days.

"We will destroy those enemies, but we must first know the enemies.
And the enemies are the Devils, that hide in our minds, and make us less than happy."     
"We need a plane for Bombing, Strafing, Assault and Battery, Interception, Ground Support, and Reconaissance,
NOT JUST A "FAIR WEATHER FIGHTER"!

"I kinda like him. It's like he sees inside my soul" ~ Nigel

Whoever puts their hand on me to govern me, is a usurper, and a tyrant, and I declare them my enemy!

"And when the clouds obscure the moon, and normal service is resumed. It wont. Mean. A. Thing"
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zpkCJDYxH-4

The Good Reverend Roger

Mine's not as cool as that.  Some time ago, I got a virus that hung around just long enough to chew up part of my brain, and made me stone paranoid (alongside other delusions).  It eventually eased off, with a little help from Big Pharma.

Every once in a while I get little relapses.

Nephew Twiddleton

Roger, I've come to uncover a plot against you. It's masterminded by none other than me.

But it seems like it's a flawless plan so I don't mind telling you about it.

Strange and Terrible Organ Laminator of Yesterday's Heavy Scene
Sentence or sentence fragment pending

Soy El Vaquero Peludo de Oro

TIM AM I, PRIMARY OF THE EXTRA-ATMOSPHERIC SIMIANS

Cramulus

:potd:

(wow I haven't used two potds in one day in a lonnnng time)

The Good Reverend Roger

Wooooooooow!   :lulz:

Twid, you have made my day.