News:

Can anyone ever be sufficiently committed to Sparkle Motion?

Main Menu

Disco Calendar 3176/2010

Started by the other anonymous, April 06, 2009, 12:08:55 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Mesozoic Mister Nigel

Quote from: the other anonymous on October 19, 2009, 11:19:18 PM
Charles de Secondat, Baron de Montesquieu
"If triangles had a god, he would have three sides."
[Lettres Persanes, no 59]

Okay. I see "impress some guy" is not on my list. It's in.

-toa,
matchmaker

I am grateful to you for so many reasons right now. :) Not least of which is your ability to clarify the source of that baffling (mis)quotation I keep hearing around.
"I'm guessing it was January 2007, a meeting in Bethesda, we got a bag of bees and just started smashing them on the desk," Charles Wick said. "It was very complicated."

the other anonymous

Cramulus

looks good

1) add Day of Discord (may 23rd)! Lots of discordians celebrate it. In fact, I think it may be the only discordian holiday I can think of which people actually celebrate. It's only two years old, so we've gotta get the word out about it!

2) gregorian dates on the calendar would be ultra useful. When I've gotta write a dentist appointment on the calendar, it's a bitch to look up the date conversion.

the other anonymous

Quote from: Cramulus on October 23, 2009, 10:01:39 PM
looks good

1) add Day of Discord (may 23rd)! Lots of discordians celebrate it. In fact, I think it may be the only discordian holiday I can think of which people actually celebrate. It's only two years old, so we've gotta get the word out about it!

2) gregorian dates on the calendar would be ultra useful. When I've gotta write a dentist appointment on the calendar, it's a bitch to look up the date conversion.

WRITE ON IT!!??? Why would you desecrate an official Holy Text with DENTAL PLAN LISA NEEDS HER BRACES???? Soon, my pretties! Is this the two minute break or the thirty second one?

-toa,
is not entirely here right now

the other anonymous

Second Draft

http://toa267.110mb.com/temporary/dcalendar23.pdf

Questions? Comments? Unreasonable demands?

-toa,
is all ears-prime

Triple Zero

Day of Discord is also celebrated at August 23rd :?
Ex-Soviet Bloc Sexual Attack Swede of Tomorrow™
e-prime disclaimer: let it seem fairly unclear I understand the apparent subjectivity of the above statements. maybe.

INFORMATION SO POWERFUL, YOU ACTUALLY NEED LESS.

Mesozoic Mister Nigel

It's lovely! AND OH SHIT, I'M IN IT!

Thank you, TOA! Now I just have to figure out having it fabulously printed out, OR you sending it to Lulu so I can buy it from you!
"I'm guessing it was January 2007, a meeting in Bethesda, we got a bag of bees and just started smashing them on the desk," Charles Wick said. "It was very complicated."

Mesozoic Mister Nigel

Quote from: Triple Zero on October 24, 2009, 02:39:31 AM
Day of Discord is also celebrated at August 23rd :?

Is that creating a bit of discord for you?

Cramulus

Quote from: the other anonymous on October 24, 2009, 12:15:22 AM
Second Draft

-toa,
is all ears-prime

looking sexayyyy

and yo, I don't honestly know whether it's may or august. Is it august? that sounds right

one thing which may make it more useful would be to make it easier to line up the gregorian with the discordian. easiest way I can think of without further cluttering up the boxes would be to throw a color splash on saturday/sunday so you can quickly tell which days are the weekends.

Mesozoic Mister Nigel

Day of Discord is also on November 24 or somesuch.

Triple Zero

Quote from: Cramulus on October 24, 2009, 05:48:57 AM
Quote from: the other anonymous on October 24, 2009, 12:15:22 AM
Second Draft

-toa,
is all ears-prime

looking sexayyyy

and yo, I don't honestly know whether it's may or august. Is it august? that sounds right

well we celebrated it in Edinburgh on august 23rd the past couple of years, but also because it's a few days after Syn's birthday.

but then I think Payne was considering moving it to May cause for some reason August was a bad time  (even though with the festival weeks and all it's pretty cool to be there).
e-prime disclaimer: let it seem fairly unclear I understand the apparent subjectivity of the above statements. maybe.

the other anonymous

Some might say that everyday is a day of -- OW MY HEAD

-toa,
swine flu

the other anonymous

Triple Zero