News:

MysticWicks endorsement: "I've always, always regarded the Discordians as being people who chose to be Discordians because they can't be arsed to actually do any work to develop a relationship with a specific deity, they were too wishy-washy to choose just one path, and they just want to be a mishmash of everything and not have to work at learning about rituals or traditions or any such thing as that."

Main Menu

OPEN BAR: NO CISNORMATIVE ELVEN PATRIARCHS ALLOWED

Started by Cain, January 22, 2015, 08:40:32 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

axod

THIS PRESENCE CANNOT BE RESISTED
THIS PRESENCE IS THE END OF OPPOSITION
THIS PRESENCE IS THE SPIRIT OF TIME

IT IS THE NOTHING THAT DEMANDS ITSELF
NOTHING, THAT ALLWAYS WAS ALREADY
REVEALING RENEWAL FLOWERING PERPETUAL
just this

Cainad (dec.)

Wake up at 4:30 am. Consume magical fizzy elixir of life* and hike across the Siberian Tundra that lies between my front door and my car.

Arrive early at job site in Manhattan after 1.5 hour drive. It is 3° F, or -16C, and it's an outdoor site. No one around. Sit in car to kill time, eventually someone lets me in. Luckily, there's a heated trailer office to wait in.

2 hours later, word finally comes through that the trucks needed to work today are fucking frozen like goddamn woolly mammoths. Get sent home, consoled by fact that I'm getting paid anyway, plus pay for the holiday. Parking ticket negates monetary gains of working on holiday.

You bet your ass I'm leaving early every day this week. The Law of SLACKTM requires that, for every action, there is an equal and opposite FUCK YOU.

*Berocca

Mesozoic Mister Nigel

Quote from: Doktor Howl on February 17, 2015, 12:11:10 AM
Quote from: Mesozoic Mister Nigel on February 16, 2015, 10:47:28 PM
Quote from: Doktor Howl on February 16, 2015, 09:53:01 PM
Quote from: Mesozoic Mister Nigel on February 16, 2015, 09:43:36 PM
Sorry, I've just heard a little too much "fuck those bloodthirsty savages" lately and I'm starting to get a little sensitive about it. I know it's cool to be against whatever those other people are for, but maybe we could have a little less genocide-justifying manifest-destiny bullshit in with it.

For what it's worth, I was only yanking some weirdo's leg.

Oh I know! No worries there. But there's some sort of meme drifting around Facebook that the natives deserved it, and it's alarming me because I think a fair number of people believe it.

Everyone deserves it.  Except US.  THOSE fucking guys, THEY have it COMING.

This is AMERICA.

Every man Jack of them!
"I'm guessing it was January 2007, a meeting in Bethesda, we got a bag of bees and just started smashing them on the desk," Charles Wick said. "It was very complicated."

axod

Quote from: Cainad (dec.) on February 17, 2015, 03:02:23 AM
Wake up at 4:30 am. Consume magical fizzy elixir of life* and hike across the Siberian Tundra that lies between my front door and my car.

Arrive early at job site in Manhattan after 1.5 hour drive. It is 3° F, or -16C, and it's an outdoor site. No one around. Sit in car to kill time, eventually someone lets me in. Luckily, there's a heated trailer office to wait in.

2 hours later, word finally comes through that the trucks needed to work today are fucking frozen like goddamn woolly mammoths. Get sent home, consoled by fact that I'm getting paid anyway, plus pay for the holiday. Parking ticket negates monetary gains of working on holiday.

You bet your ass I'm leaving early every day this week. The Law of SLACKTM requires that, for every action, there is an equal and opposite FUCK YOU.

*Berocca
NY ALLOWS PARKING TICKETS TO BE CHALLENGED WITH JUDGE VIA INTERNET.  CLEARLY INDICATING WITH PHOGRAPHIC EVIDENCE HOW PARKING SIGN WAS MADE ILLEGIBLE BY FROST [OR RUSTOLIUM] DUE TO INCLEMENT WEATHER WILL WARRENT CASE REVIEW AND PROBABLY MITIGATE THE FINE.
just this

Junkenstein

Quote from: Eater of Clowns on February 17, 2015, 12:43:20 AM
Quote from: Cain on February 16, 2015, 11:03:15 PM
So, despite having had no sleep, and one less member of staff than any other shift in the past three days, I've discovered a number of discrepancies in the last few days.

Not of anything important though, just the number of actual students present in the building.

So more, or less?

I'm not sure which of those possibilities is more disturbing.

I'd put money on more. It's London, if there's one kid who's halfway savvy he'll have his room rented out to 8 people for great rewards.
Nine naked Men just walking down the road will cause a heap of trouble for all concerned.

Doktor Howl

Gonna start writing origins stories for PDers.

First three are Nigel, myself, and Richter.  More tomorrow.
Molon Lube

Cain

Quote from: Junkenstein on February 17, 2015, 08:01:48 AM
Quote from: Eater of Clowns on February 17, 2015, 12:43:20 AM
Quote from: Cain on February 16, 2015, 11:03:15 PM
So, despite having had no sleep, and one less member of staff than any other shift in the past three days, I've discovered a number of discrepancies in the last few days.

Not of anything important though, just the number of actual students present in the building.

So more, or less?

I'm not sure which of those possibilities is more disturbing.

I'd put money on more. It's London, if there's one kid who's halfway savvy he'll have his room rented out to 8 people for great rewards.

More, but because it's half-term, and most of them should have been away, according to the handover notes we were given.

Fortunately, our set up here, where members of staff are sitting on the door 24/7, mostly militates against the worst student behaviour, but then you have to ask how were students in the building and not recorded if someone is always at the reception?

I mean one or two, maybe.  But this was six, plus inaccuracies in the other students in the building who we are not responsible for (except in a very general landlord-tenant way).

The Wizard Joseph

Got minimal but sufficient sleep.  Sorry to hear you've been run so ragged Cain. Hang in there sir!

Just not feeling right yet myself. Wondering if I'm getting into a manic phase. Sleep is usually the first thing to go and then the sleep dep catches up and makes the mania worse in that my running mind keeps running but gets incoherent.

I have regimens to help, but I may be a bit scarce here for a bit while I reset.

Quote from: Doktor Howl on February 17, 2015, 01:12:42 PM

This sounds awesome! Can't wait.
You can't get out backward.  You have to go forward to go back.. better press on! - Willie Wonka, PBUH

Life can be seen as a game with no reset button, no extra lives, and if the power goes out there is no restarting.  If that's all you see life as you are not long for this world, and never will get it.

"Ayn Rand never swung a hammer in her life and had serious dominance issues" - The Fountainhead

"World domination is such an ugly phrase. I prefer to call it world optimisation."
- Harry Potter and the Methods of Rationality :lulz:

"You program the controller to do the thing, only it doesn't do the thing.  It does something else entirely, or nothing at all.  It's like voting."
- Billy, Aug 21st, 2019

"It's not even chaos anymore. It's BANAL."
- Doktor Hamish Howl

Doktor Howl

Quote from: The Wizard Joseph on February 17, 2015, 09:39:06 PM
Got minimal but sufficient sleep.  Sorry to hear you've been run so ragged Cain. Hang in there sir!

Just not feeling right yet myself. Wondering if I'm getting into a manic phase. Sleep is usually the first thing to go and then the sleep dep catches up and makes the mania worse in that my running mind keeps running but gets incoherent.

I have regimens to help, but I may be a bit scarce here for a bit while I reset.

There's already 4 done.
Molon Lube

Mesozoic Mister Nigel

I  think I rocked my genetics exam, but I probably won't know until tomorrow.

I should really be entering grades right now, or going to the post office, or going to the store, or changing the catboxes.

But I'm not.
"I'm guessing it was January 2007, a meeting in Bethesda, we got a bag of bees and just started smashing them on the desk," Charles Wick said. "It was very complicated."

Mesozoic Mister Nigel

Oh or reading 4 articles and writing summaries and criticisms.

Also I seem to be having a bromance with a 28-year-old in two of my neuro classes. We're totally just friends, but we text each other like we're dating.

The Wizard Joseph

Quote from: Doktor Howl on February 17, 2015, 09:55:10 PM
Quote from: The Wizard Joseph on February 17, 2015, 09:39:06 PM

There's already 4 done.

Check, gonna bookmark for after work. I do a lot of "show replies" when I get here just trying to keep up. Thanks.
You can't get out backward.  You have to go forward to go back.. better press on! - Willie Wonka, PBUH

Life can be seen as a game with no reset button, no extra lives, and if the power goes out there is no restarting.  If that's all you see life as you are not long for this world, and never will get it.

"Ayn Rand never swung a hammer in her life and had serious dominance issues" - The Fountainhead

"World domination is such an ugly phrase. I prefer to call it world optimisation."
- Harry Potter and the Methods of Rationality :lulz:

"You program the controller to do the thing, only it doesn't do the thing.  It does something else entirely, or nothing at all.  It's like voting."
- Billy, Aug 21st, 2019

"It's not even chaos anymore. It's BANAL."
- Doktor Hamish Howl

Nephew Twiddleton

So, I just found out the source of all that bullshit about Jesus being 100% identical to Horus and Dionysus and Mithras and practically every other deity in every single culture in history. Fucking Zeitgeist the Movie. Jesus fucking Christ (no pun intended) is that really where all this fucking patent nonsense is really coming from in the unskeptical atheist community? It's NWO nutbaggery.

When you get thoroughly debunked by a biblical literalist, you're doing some higher level idiocy.
Strange and Terrible Organ Laminator of Yesterday's Heavy Scene
Sentence or sentence fragment pending

Soy El Vaquero Peludo de Oro

TIM AM I, PRIMARY OF THE EXTRA-ATMOSPHERIC SIMIANS

Mesozoic Mister Nigel

Quote from: Legate Gene O'Mick, PhD on February 18, 2015, 12:05:43 AM
So, I just found out the source of all that bullshit about Jesus being 100% identical to Horus and Dionysus and Mithras and practically every other deity in every single culture in history. Fucking Zeitgeist the Movie. Jesus fucking Christ (no pun intended) is that really where all this fucking patent nonsense is really coming from in the unskeptical atheist community? It's NWO nutbaggery.

When you get thoroughly debunked by a biblical literalist, you're doing some higher level idiocy.

:lulz: That's terrible.

Mesozoic Mister Nigel

I went to the post office and the store (I now have almost everything I need for my trip, except for a duffel bag and a stupid hat) and when I came home, grades were posted. It bumps me up from a borderline A to a solid A, so that tells me that my current level of studying is perfect.

Now I will change the cat boxes, make dinner, and drink a beer while logging grades while dinner cooks.

I AM DOING IT YOU GUYS.