News:

For my part, I've replaced optimism and believing the best of people by default with a grin and the absolute 100% certainty that if they cannot find a pig to fuck, they will buy some bacon and play oinking noises on YouTube.

Main Menu

Day of Discord : Edinburgh '10

Started by Payne, February 25, 2010, 02:52:43 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Payne

Right, with two and a half weeks to go our list of attendees looks suchly:

Myself (confirmed),
Pixie (confirmed),
Synaptyx,
P3nT,
Trip (confirmed),
Regret (confirmed),
Roaring Biscuit (not heard anything about him not coming yet)
Faust (as above)
Davedim (highly unlikely, but I always put his name down anyway)

Looking into Karaoke bars, Curry Hooses for to appease the Denny Strangler and his voracious appetites.

We need to finally get around to meme-bombing a bookstore like the Tyrant of Kirkcaldy desires.

I'm still needing to design my Evangelical Tract With Religious Terms Substituted With Political Ones.

As far as other materials and ideas go, we could almost certainly get away with whatever we've used in previous years. We are going to be much more visible this year due to not clashing with the Festivals.

Reginald Ret

yes yes, I am coming too :)
hey trip, read your pm's.
Lord Byron: "Those who will not reason, are bigots, those who cannot, are fools, and those who dare not, are slaves."

Nigel saying the wisest words ever uttered: "It's just a suffix."

"The worst forum ever" "The most mediocre forum on the internet" "The dumbest forum on the internet" "The most retarded forum on the internet" "The lamest forum on the internet" "The coolest forum on the internet"

Faust

Quote from: The Good Reverend Payne on May 27, 2010, 01:22:52 PM
Right, with two and a half weeks to go our list of attendees looks suchly:

Myself (confirmed),
Pixie (confirmed),
Synaptyx,
P3nT,
Trip (confirmed),
Regret (confirmed),
Roaring Biscuit (not heard anything about him not coming yet)
Faust (as above)
Davedim (highly unlikely, but I always put his name down anyway)

Looking into Karaoke bars, Curry Hooses for to appease the Denny Strangler and his voracious appetites.

We need to finally get around to meme-bombing a bookstore like the Tyrant of Kirkcaldy desires.

I'm still needing to design my Evangelical Tract With Religious Terms Substituted With Political Ones.

As far as other materials and ideas go, we could almost certainly get away with whatever we've used in previous years. We are going to be much more visible this year due to not clashing with the Festivals.
I havn't booked yet, as long as I have no problems with that tomorrow I'll be coming.
Sleepless nights at the chateau

Pope Pixie Pickle

Why do I feel like the only discordian female in Northern Europe. :cry:

Suu

One day I'll hop the pond for this.  :argh!:
Sovereign Episkopos-Princess Kaousuu; Esq., Battle Nun, Bene Gesserit.
Our Lady of Perpetual Confusion; 1st Church of Discordia

"Add a dab of lavender to milk, leave town with an orange, and pretend you're laughing at it."

Triple Zero

Quote from: Rainy Day Pixie on May 27, 2010, 01:51:36 PM
Why do I feel like the only discordian female in Northern Europe. :cry:

well ...

there is at least one other one ...

lady purple eris something is Dutch, afaik. :roll:

also there was one other Dutch girl one Twitter that seemed to be Discordian, but I lost track of that one.
Ex-Soviet Bloc Sexual Attack Swede of Tomorrow™
e-prime disclaimer: let it seem fairly unclear I understand the apparent subjectivity of the above statements. maybe.

INFORMATION SO POWERFUL, YOU ACTUALLY NEED LESS.

Telarus

Telarus, KSC,
.__.  Keeper of the Contradictory Cephalopod, Zenarchist Swordsman,
(0o)  Tender to the Edible Zen Garden, Ratcheting Metallic Sex Doll of The End Times,
/||\   Episkopos of the Amorphous Dreams Cabal

Join the Doll Underground! Experience the Phantasmagorical Safari!

Roaring Biscuit!

aye I'm a comin, train and hostel be booked.

Also, I had a crazy idea for an uber troll, basically involves looking a bit like a tramp/art student (it comes naturally to me), and handing out weird as fuck questionnaires, with the option to fill in email addresses, with the incentive that there will be more weird "art" for them to get involved in in the future.

It's a double win, people who are weirded out are weirded out, people who aren't are just lining themselves up for long-term trollage.

x

edd

p.s.  tophats optional  ;)

Telarus

Telarus, KSC,
.__.  Keeper of the Contradictory Cephalopod, Zenarchist Swordsman,
(0o)  Tender to the Edible Zen Garden, Ratcheting Metallic Sex Doll of The End Times,
/||\   Episkopos of the Amorphous Dreams Cabal

Join the Doll Underground! Experience the Phantasmagorical Safari!

Kai

All these DoD get togethers make me want to find a way to get down to squiddy for a few beers. Our southeastern cabal is /small/.
If there is magic on this planet, it is contained in water. --Loren Eisley, The Immense Journey

Her Royal Majesty's Chief of Insect Genitalia Dissection
Grand Visser of the Six Legged Class
Chanticleer of the Holometabola Clade Church, Diptera Parish

Triple Zero

hey, does anyone remember what the URL was of the Etherpad we used to plan our stuff last August?

we might wanna use it again to re-collaborate and prepare

in order to

GO CRAZY

EXTRA CRAZY

BADLY FLIP OUT

AND FUCK SHIT UP

IN THE E-'BURGH TOWN PLACE CITY SMOLDERING-CRATER-TO-BE
e-prime disclaimer: let it seem fairly unclear I understand the apparent subjectivity of the above statements. maybe.

Faust

Between work not giving me the time off and 21st that I'm going to have to attend I (yet again) am not going to make it this year.
Sleepless nights at the chateau

Pope Pixie Pickle

Me and Payne were thinking we could do picnic stuffs for peeps in exchange for being bribed with booze.

Any takers?

Reginald Ret

Lord Byron: "Those who will not reason, are bigots, those who cannot, are fools, and those who dare not, are slaves."

Nigel saying the wisest words ever uttered: "It's just a suffix."

"The worst forum ever" "The most mediocre forum on the internet" "The dumbest forum on the internet" "The most retarded forum on the internet" "The lamest forum on the internet" "The coolest forum on the internet"

Triple Zero

Quote from: Rainy Day Pixie on May 30, 2010, 12:14:25 PM
Me and Payne were thinking we could do picnic stuffs for peeps in exchange for being bribed with booze.

Any takers?

Um yes? I think? We give you booze, you give us ... haggis? meat pies? :fap:

Also, I finally managed to contact my friends in Edinbugh (that I stayed at in DOD08), but they're busy that weekend :(

Um, so, what are my other options for surviving the night there? Without having to sleep under a cricket stadium? :-P

I suppose hostels are easier to book outside of the festival weeks, yeah?