News:

Your innocence proves nothing.

Main Menu

Choose Your Own GASM

Started by Cramulus, June 30, 2008, 01:35:48 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

tjg92

I don't think there are any that big. I have a small collection of CYOA books and they're pretty cool but they're all the same thickness. It would be a pretty tough project to write a 300 page serious CYOA book.

Iron Sulfide

who said anything about serious?
Ya' stupid Yank.

tjg92

Nobody I guess, I'd just be really impressed by a serious one.

BTW, I was reading about CYOA books and I found this:
QuoteOne book, Inside UFO 54-40, revolved around the search for a paradise that no one can actively reach; one of the pages in the book describes the player finding the paradise and living happily ever after, although none of the choices in the book led to that page. The ending could only be found by disregarding the rules and going through the book at random. Upon finding the ending, the reader is congratulated for realizing how to find paradise. Although it appears that this ending is not actually mistake but was actually designed that way, and thus makes the book into a Moral Story stating that if you think outside the box, and do not blindly follow the rules then you'll achieve Paradise.
Fucking awesome.

Triple Zero

way cool! Got a link with that quote?
Ex-Soviet Bloc Sexual Attack Swede of Tomorrow™
e-prime disclaimer: let it seem fairly unclear I understand the apparent subjectivity of the above statements. maybe.

INFORMATION SO POWERFUL, YOU ACTUALLY NEED LESS.

Cramulus

so how are you doing this?

I've long considered taking the contents of CYOM and trying to turn it into a PDF... It would totally work, too. It's just a hassle to get all the data formatted right.

I think the easiest thing would be:

1. [optional] - change all the fonts to the COYA book fonts (posted somewhere ITT I think)
2. Create the whole book as a very large single page PDF. I think this could be done by making a new page which calls each other page, like this:

{{Page 1}}
<HR>
{{Page 2}}
<HR>
{{Page 3}}...

---click the "printable version" and it will trim out the TOC on the left and header stuff
----then print to PDF using Bullzip or some other PDF creating program

3. Use a cracked version of adobe to trim out the stuff you don't want