Your innocence proves nothing.

Main Menu

"Stupid wingnut says something stupid" thread

Started by Cain, December 08, 2009, 09:34:08 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

LMNO

Quote from: EarthBound SpIRiT on February 11, 2010, 05:15:03 PM
What was wrong with RR?  

I thought he did an ok job with lots of things.
:lulz:

QuoteThe economy,
:lulz: :lulz:

Quoteimproving America's world image from an American's pov
:lulz: :lulz: :lulz:

Quoteand getting the Iranian hostages released to name a few.  
:lulz: :lulz: :lulz: :lulz:

Bruno

Oh. Well. That's all right then. We LOVES us soem Libertarians.  :lulz:

You a Randian?
Formerly something else...

Earthbound Spirit

If I get hammered, I get hammered.  I can live with it.

What the heck is wrong with being a Libertarian?  No one I vote for will ever get elected.   I did get thrown out of a couple of Ron Paul groups back during the last election cycle.  :lulz:

ETA: I am a big fan of Atlas Shrugged.   I struggling through it again.
I hate everyone.

LMNO

I don't give a damn about your libertarianism right now.

I'm more amused about your Reagan comments.

Bebek Sincap Ratatosk

Quote from: EarthBound SpIRiT on February 11, 2010, 05:15:03 PM
What was wrong with RR? 

I thought he did an ok job with lots of things.  The economy, improving America's world image from an American's pov and getting the Iranian hostages released to name a few. 

He certainly has had a great impact on Conservatism as it exists today. 

I'm a Libertarian not a Republican.   

Ok, I'll bite, mostly cause I have a lot of libertarian leanings.

The Economy... Regan's system had no sustainable economic growth for the country, only a short burst during the eighties for Upper Class incomes. Look at the late eighties, right as Bush Sr. was taking office, middle class incomes were no better than they were during Carter's administration and the poverty rate had Gone UP. And let us not forget that Bush I only got four years because the economy went straight into the toilet during those years, NOT because of Bush, but because of the fallout of Regans bad policies. That's how Clinton got elected.

Technological and Economic leadership in the US didn't come back till the mid-nineties and that had far more to do with Silicon Valley and the soon-to-be Tech bubble.

As for him being the father of modern conservativinm, I agree... in that modern conservative policy is a pile of shit. Let's see... Conservatives spend less? No. Conservatives balance the budget? No. Conservatives pass less restrictive laws and appeal more restrictive laws? No. And let's not even talk about how many foreign countries we've played Agressor in since 1980, even when under Conservative presidents. So yeah, Ronnie is the father of Modern Cons. They know the right lines to deliver for the show, and they go on with Real Life which bears little or no resemblance to what they just said in front of the camera.
- I don't see race. I just see cars going around in a circle.

"Back in my day, crazy meant something. Now everyone is crazy" - Charlie Manson

Doktor Howl

Quote from: EarthBound SpIRiT on February 11, 2010, 05:28:09 PM
If I get hammered, I get hammered.  I can live with it.

What the heck is wrong with being a Libertarian?  No one I vote for will ever get elected.   I did get thrown out of a couple of Ron Paul groups back during the last election cycle.  :lulz:

ETA: I am a big fan of Atlas Shrugged.   I struggling through it again.

They make a pill for that.
Molon Lube

Doktor Howl

Molon Lube

Cain

After leaving them there to suffer captivity another 80 odd days, so Carter would lose the election (yeah, I went there).

LMNO

Yeah, I'm still giggling about how the October Surprise was listed as one of the "good things" about Reagan.

Doktor Howl

The GOP is evil.

The Democrats are stupid.

The Libertarians are just flat-out ridiculous.  If you ever want a good laugh, go to their homepage and look up their positions on domestic issues, particularly involving the Department of Transportation and the Department of the Interior.

Fucking nutjobs.

And I don't think I need to again state my views on Ayn Rand's tripe, or the one paragraph proof that wipes out her whole laughable ideology.

The only reason to read Ayn Rand, other than as a means to discipline yourself when you've been bad, is to do so in a Starbucks while you hold your cigarettes backward, making sure everyone can see what you're reading, and wondering why no girls are striking up conversations with you.

Rand is unlimited fail, and actually makes Sarah Palin look like a political GENIUS.  'Nuff said.
Molon Lube

Doktor Howl

Molon Lube

LMNO

Doktor Howl

Quote from: LMNO on February 11, 2010, 05:48:44 PM
See?  These things just jump out at you.

I just got dumber, LMNO.  By at least a dozen IQ points.
Molon Lube

E.O.T.

RONALD REAGAN

Was an invaluable impetus to American political punk rock and punk rock in general, from song content to gig flyer artwork.

HOWEVER

His largest mistake while President was NOT having Andy Warhol design Americas political prisons.
"a good fight justifies any cause"

LMNO

Quote from: Doktor Howl on February 11, 2010, 05:50:13 PM
Quote from: LMNO on February 11, 2010, 05:48:44 PM
See?  These things just jump out at you.

I just got dumber, LMNO.  By at least a dozen IQ points.

If only there were a pill for that.  Sadly, no.