News:

Revenge is a dish best served salty, sterile, wet and warm.

Main Menu

OPEN BAR: Top 10 things millenials hate about OB that we didn't know last week!

Started by Doktor Howl, April 23, 2015, 04:00:29 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Q. G. Pennyworth

Don Coyote

Quote from: LMNO, PhD (life continues) on June 05, 2015, 07:09:10 PM
Remind me again why the floor is so wet?

I suspect it has something to do with the whole tentacles and face combination she has going on.

Dubya

"Gold Medalist of the 2015 David Cameron Memorial Barnyard Olympics."

Mesozoic Mister Nigel

My dog might have salmon fever, but I can't afford antibiotics AND diagnostics, so I'm throwing $200 worth of antibiotics at it and hoping she lives.
"I'm guessing it was January 2007, a meeting in Bethesda, we got a bag of bees and just started smashing them on the desk," Charles Wick said. "It was very complicated."

Mesozoic Mister Nigel

Also she is hands-down absolutely the hardest to pill dog I've ever worked with, and I have to giver her eight pills a day.
"I'm guessing it was January 2007, a meeting in Bethesda, we got a bag of bees and just started smashing them on the desk," Charles Wick said. "It was very complicated."

Dubya

Quote from: Mesozoic Mister Nigel on June 05, 2015, 10:00:45 PM
My dog might have salmon fever, but I can't afford antibiotics AND diagnostics, so I'm throwing $200 worth of antibiotics at it and hoping she lives.

That sucks. Hope she pulls through.
"Gold Medalist of the 2015 David Cameron Memorial Barnyard Olympics."

POFP

Holy fuck, Nigel. The last month for you has not been kind. I'm talking to all kinds of people right now that are having incredibly shitty luck, too.

My friend's tire blew on Wednesday. He lost control and swerved off into a ditch. The car flipped over and he may have broken a knuckle.

My girlfriend is incapable of avoiding trouble with her parents, so she almost got kicked out last night because they claimed to have looked through her phone messages and found "proof" that I snuck into their house during the night, several times. Which is complete bullshit. But they're so sure that I did that they're willing to make up any lie about it. They're paranoid psychos. The thing is, they're predictable, but she's too stupid to use that to her advantage. And she won't take any of my advice. If I wasn't at risk to get the cops called on me, I'd just ignore that situation. If she refuses help or to solve the problem, then I should be able to just ignore it. But it involves the accusation that I committed a crime. The thing is, it's all just threats. It's just a control mechanism that her parents are using on her. If she listened to everything I said, the problem would be fixed in a week. But she doesn't have enough self-control to react with reason. She's so emotional and vulnerable to manipulation.

And then there's another endless list of people with uninteresting, but unfortunate circumstances affecting their lives in the past month. Everything's just all-around stressful and shitty for everyone.
This Certified Pope™ reserves the Right to, on occasion, "be a complete dumbass", and otherwise ponder "idiotic" and/or "useless" ideas and other such "tomfoolery." [Aforementioned] are only responsible for the results of these actions and tendencies when they have had their addictive substance of choice for that day.

Being a Product of their Environment's Collective Order and Disorder, [Aforementioned] also reserves the Right to have their ideas, technologies, and otherwise all Intellectual Property stolen, re-purposed, and re-attributed at Will ONLY by other Certified Popes. Corporations, LLC's, and otherwise Capitalist-based organizations are NOT capable of being Certified Popes.

Battering Rams not included.

Cain

Quote from: Cain on June 05, 2015, 09:01:57 PM
Ok, so pursuant to this conversation, I'm going to see about doing some streaming tonight, here.  Probably in an hour and a half or so, once I've drunk and eaten.

Mostly want to see if it will work or not.  If it works as it should, then there should be a chat where, if you're signed up, you can talk to me as I do stuff in real time.  Which would be nice.  Nicer than talking into a void when doing Youtube videos anyway.

Probably start off with some Mass Effect, but I might switch to Dishonored or Skyrim, depending on how it all goes.

OK, this appears to be working.  Please feel free to join the chat.

Pæs

Quote from: PlightOfFernandoPoo on June 05, 2015, 10:41:16 PM
It's just a control mechanism that her parents are using on her. If she listened to everything I said, the problem would be fixed in a week. But she doesn't have enough self-control to react with reason. She's so emotional and vulnerable to manipulation.

she's too stupid to use that to her advantage. And she won't take any of my advice.

You sound like a terrible fucking partner here. The lack of respect you have for her sounds really atrocious. If someone told me their boyfriend felt the things you say you feel here, I would be telling them to leave. Quickly.

POFP

Quote from: Pæs on June 05, 2015, 11:48:20 PM
It's just a control mechanism that her parents are using on her. If she listened to everything I said, the problem would be fixed in a week. But she doesn't have enough self-control to react with reason. She's so emotional and vulnerable to manipulation.

she's too stupid to use that to her advantage. And she won't take any of my advice.

You sound like a terrible fucking partner here. The lack of respect you have for her sounds really atrocious. If someone told me their boyfriend felt the things you say you feel here, I would be telling them to leave. Quickly.

It's not a feeling. It's a statement of fact. You can't fix a problem if you avoid stating its existence because it "makes you sound terrible."

I've been trying to help her become a more independent and powerful person. I'm trying to get her to think in a way that makes her less vulnerable. To do that, I have to point out, to her, the control mechanisms that cause her problems. I'm not rude about it. I'm blunt. But I'm not mean. She understands that. I don't tell her she's stupid. I just point out that her parents have a vulnerability that could make her life easier, and that she doesn't take advantage of it. I state the truth as I see it.
This Certified Pope™ reserves the Right to, on occasion, "be a complete dumbass", and otherwise ponder "idiotic" and/or "useless" ideas and other such "tomfoolery." [Aforementioned] are only responsible for the results of these actions and tendencies when they have had their addictive substance of choice for that day.

Being a Product of their Environment's Collective Order and Disorder, [Aforementioned] also reserves the Right to have their ideas, technologies, and otherwise all Intellectual Property stolen, re-purposed, and re-attributed at Will ONLY by other Certified Popes. Corporations, LLC's, and otherwise Capitalist-based organizations are NOT capable of being Certified Popes.

Battering Rams not included.

Pæs

Okay. I maintain that "She is stupid if she listened to me all her problems would be solved" is still worth examining as a potential problem even if you don't think you explicitly share that perspective.

Eater of Clowns

Quote from: Pippa Twiddleton on December 22, 2012, 01:06:36 AM
EoC, you are the bane of my existence.

Quote from: The Good Reverend Roger on March 07, 2014, 01:18:23 AM
EoC doesn't make creepy.

EoC makes creepy worse.

the afflicted persons get hold of and consume carrots even in socially quite unacceptable situations.

Pæs

Quote from: Eater of Clowns on June 06, 2015, 01:39:34 AM
I'm with Paes and would like to add you're a dick and fuck you.
Oh good. I'm understating how appalling I find the situation illustrated in that post because I've been reading r/relationships and am primed to see toxicity everywhere but that sounds super unhealthy to me.

Chelagoras The Boulder

Yea, I'm gonna hafta agree. Even if you have her best interests in mind, the way you presenting things doesnt sound supportive at all. Shes probably already on the defensive because of the pressure her folks are putting on her, so your "advice" is probably coming across as yet another attack, which is causing her to feel attacked on all sides, which will make her more panicked and less likely to calmly make a rational decision in any case. If you really want to help, you need to take another look at how you're communicating.
"It isn't who you know, it's who you know, if you know what I mean.  And I think you do."

Mesozoic Mister Nigel

Holy fuck, Nigel. The last month for you has not been kind. I'm talking to all kinds of people right now that are having incredibly shitty luck, too.

My friend's tire blew on Wednesday. He lost control and swerved off into a ditch. The car flipped over and he may have broken a knuckle.

My girlfriend is incapable of avoiding trouble with her parents, so she almost got kicked out last night because they claimed to have looked through her phone messages and found "proof" that I snuck into their house during the night, several times. Which is complete bullshit. But they're so sure that I did that they're willing to make up any lie about it. They're paranoid psychos. The thing is, they're predictable, but she's too stupid to use that to her advantage. And she won't take any of my advice. If I wasn't at risk to get the cops called on me, I'd just ignore that situation. If she refuses help or to solve the problem, then I should be able to just ignore it. But it involves the accusation that I committed a crime. The thing is, it's all just threats. It's just a control mechanism that her parents are using on her. If she listened to everything I said, the problem would be fixed in a week. But she doesn't have enough self-control to react with reason. She's so emotional and vulnerable to manipulation.

And then there's another endless list of people with uninteresting, but unfortunate circumstances affecting their lives in the past month. Everything's just all-around stressful and shitty for everyone.

I appreciate the extension of sympathy, thank you.

I do have to say though, that while I realize that you are very very young, between this and an earlier post you made about your girlfriend and her relationship with her parents, and your relationship with both her and her parents, it sounds like you lack respect for her, and her parents, and her relationship with her parents, and it also sounds like you are rather manipulative and controlling, and that, honestly, you might just be the bad guy in the picture.