News:

Testimonial: "Yeah, wasn't expecting it. Near shat myself."

Main Menu

dr. who series whatever number it is now - areview

Started by Horab Fibslager, April 27, 2005, 05:30:37 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Horab Fibslager

ok so i caughthte last half hour of the new doctor who series on teh space station this evening while doing laundry at my mom's house.

wow. they really fucked the goat on this one.

let me begin by saying that this wasn;t all bad. the doctor admitted he had been drunk udner the table by the british prime minister on previous visits to 10 dowling st or whatever it's called. eat my shorts "gallifreyans can't get drunk" miss ag comp :P tho i half suspect they stole that directly from me, as i said on these very bards that that was teh maner in which i got him to sell teh tardis from me many years from now/ago. which is niether here nor there. that was the good.

here comes the bad.

the plot was well udner way by the time it had gotten to teh bit i tuned in on, i'm assuming. there was some pig on a table, and some lady runnign after the doctor, who mysteriously disapeared only to reshow up several minutes later for no apparent reasonthan to antagonize the companion an dher associates(motehr boyfreind etc). perhaps this will be explained int eh next episode, or perhaps it was explained before i tuned in, with luck we'll never know.

and the ugly.

well i'll start with thenot so ugly ugly. aside fromt eh badly photoshopped logo on teh advertisement cut screne, the graphics were simply, tripe. no, scrap that, tripe isn't strong enough a word, and frankly it's an insult to tripe. these special effects owuld've looked bad in an 80's sci fi b film. i daresay the special effects featured int eh older series' were cosniderably better.

adn the horrible abomnably disfgured ugly-
teh tardis interior. allow me to compare the interior of the tardis, the new interior, yes new, to that of the reverse side of genric mounstide prop #4 from star trek tos. you didn't misread that, i mean the side you don't see on the television. it's a lovely shade of vomit green, through out,with instead of miscaleanously mysterious knobs and dials and instrument panels an dbutton and whatnot, we get soem levers and a flatscreen monitor. all int eh same shade of vomit green. in one scene we see the doctor foolin about soem circuit boards that could very well be 56k modems pressed together, msot certainyl because they rpobaly are, with what is aparently a plastic model deflsher, sans blade. mho: they should've stuck with the original interior set.

so in closing, i suggest a great deal fo alcohol and marijuana when viewign this abomination. i'm gonna go write to bbc or whoever owns it for a remake of Space 1999.
Hell is other people.

doubtless incident

TIMMYYYYY!!!!!!

Horab Fibslager

Hell is other people.

agent compassion

Well you already can guess what I'm gonna say but ok, here it is anyway:

1. You were watching part 2 of a 2 parter. Maybe it would make more sense if you saw part 1 first, cause I did, and it was damn creepy.

2. How do you know the Doctor wasn't drinking tea with the PM? :D

3. The new logo does indeed suck.

4. But the acting's good. Doctor Who's never been about super-terrific production values anyway(bubble paper monsters anyone?)

5. I think the new series is going rather well so far. The only ep I thought was kinda lame was the one where they were mindfucking Charles Dickens.

6. The TARDIS isn't that bad, not if it's got a special console hammer attached to it... :D

'I'll take you out for a meal with Mr. and Mrs. Pain, order up some violent quiche. Do you want some?' - ++++++ Moon

Cain

And its "Downing Street", just for reference.  The good people of Dowling Street would be appalled to be assosciated with that slum.

Horab Fibslager

Quote from: agent compassionWell you already can guess what I'm gonna say but ok, here it is anyway:

1. You were watching part 2 of a 2 parter. Maybe it would make more sense if you saw part 1 first, cause I did, and it was damn creepy.

2. How do you know the Doctor wasn't drinking tea with the PM? :D

3. The new logo does indeed suck.

4. But the acting's good. Doctor Who's never been about super-terrific production values anyway(bubble paper monsters anyone?)

5. I think the new series is going rather well so far. The only ep I thought was kinda lame was the one where they were mindfucking Charles Dickens.

6. The TARDIS isn't that bad, not if it's got a special console hammer attached to it... :D

no no, it was awful i know the series never had high prodcution values, andbelieve me, the new series sets teh bar lower seriously, ytv budget series from the 90's have better sfx. i think they probaly spent more money to take those dated cgi's out of the bargain bin than to simply do somethig umm more modern.

the acting was-- probaly as good as it could've been, considering the material and the direction. i recognized a coupel fo the actors from other british television shows, and knwo they're usually beter actors, so it
's a case of the star wars epsiode 1 effect - george lucas' poor twin is directing.

i didn't see any conolse hammer, but  umm, yeah it's not that bad, it's far, far worse.

d
efinitely a kick in the pants to the vaunted tradition.
Hell is other people.

agent compassion

Eh, that's your opinion. I like the new series OK. And nothing beats the Sylvester McCoy logo and theme music in craptacularity. NOTHING.

And the console hammer was in Part 1 which you didn't see apparently, so, there you go.

'I'll take you out for a meal with Mr. and Mrs. Pain, order up some violent quiche. Do you want some?' - ++++++ Moon

Horab Fibslager

i don't think any number of hammers could change my opinion of the new tardis interior. absolutely wretched.

as for th tea thing,. google doesn't mentiopn it, nor do the 80 pages google bring sup when googling "dr. who" + tea.

i deamn great jsutice!
Hell is other people.