News:

"At the teaparties they only dunked bags into cups of water...because they didn't want to break the law. And that just about sums up America's revolutionary spirit."

Main Menu

Inevitable, unlimited, annual destruction of the Eastern Seaboard thread

Started by Mangrove, October 27, 2012, 03:59:11 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Suu

South County (Washington County) here in Rhode Island is a mess. The majority of the area has no power, in fact, I think the university is the ONLY place that has working power in the area, and still, parts of the campus are still black. Debris is at a minimum, but they've been cleaning diligently. I saw linemen crews from Missouri and Tennessee, and Texas is also apparently in town.

They are not letting non-residents or buses past a certain point in Narragansett, and I'm unsure of the state of Rte 1. Matunuck and Misquamicut Beaches are gone, and will probably not have a 2013 season. Narragansett is seriously questionable. I have not seen it, but friends in the area have told me that most of the town is destroyed. (By "town" read "beachside clamshacks and burger joints.") I don't think Iggy's made it, Roger. :(

The front page today show beach cottages on Carpenter Beach in Matunuck totaled.

http://news.providencejournal.com/breaking-news/2012/10/inundated-cottages-rest-on-the-sand-at-roy-carpenters-beach-in-south.html

Not having a beach season in Rhode Island will destroy the state's summer economy. :(
Sovereign Episkopos-Princess Kaousuu; Esq., Battle Nun, Bene Gesserit.
Our Lady of Perpetual Confusion; 1st Church of Discordia

"Add a dab of lavender to milk, leave town with an orange, and pretend you're laughing at it."

Mangrove

Power back tonight at 6:45 pm. Thankfully, no damage..[phew].

What makes it so? Making it so is what makes it so.

The Good Reverend Roger

" It's just that Depeche Mode were a bunch of optimistic loveburgers."
- TGRR, shaming himself forever, 7/8/2017

"Billy, when I say that ethics is our number one priority and safety is also our number one priority, you should take that to mean exactly what I said. Also quality. That's our number one priority as well. Don't look at me that way, you're in the corporate world now and this is how it works."
- TGRR, raising the bar at work.

Richter

Quote from: Reverend Roadkill on October 31, 2012, 11:43:20 PM
Quote from: Suu on October 31, 2012, 11:31:09 PM
I don't think Iggy's made it, Roger. :(

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!   :cry:

Oh DAMN.   :cry:

Also - We have been trying to isolate Dimo to placate the weather.  IT would be easier to get a Boson on the chopping block. 
SERIOUSLY.

This is quantum grease we are dealing with, he slips out a different way every time we look at him!
Quote from: Eater of Clowns on May 22, 2015, 03:00:53 AM
Anyone ever think about how Richter inhabits the same reality as you and just scream and scream and scream, but in a good way?   :lulz:

Friendly Neighborhood Mentat

Suu

He was leaving school as I was arriving, he told me last week that he usually hangs out for 4 hours between classes.

He's onto us.

"Add a dab of lavender to milk, leave town with an orange, and pretend you're laughing at it."

Suu

As of 10pm tonight a busload of volunteers pulled into the Providence Hilton along with a small convoy of trucks. Not sure where they are from as they don't have license plates in the front. I kinda wish they would go to NJ/NY, but the response so far has been incredible. Nobody wanted another Katrina.

Mesozoic Mister Nigel

Quote from: Suu on November 01, 2012, 02:32:31 AM
As of 10pm tonight a busload of volunteers pulled into the Providence Hilton along with a small convoy of trucks. Not sure where they are from as they don't have license plates in the front. I kinda wish they would go to NJ/NY, but the response so far has been incredible. Nobody wanted another a white Katrina.

Fixed that for you.
"I'm guessing it was January 2007, a meeting in Bethesda, we got a bag of bees and just started smashing them on the desk," Charles Wick said. "It was very complicated."

Suu

Bump for Nor'Easter Athena, brought to you by:

WHAT THE FUCKITY FUCK IS FUCKING FUCK!?

-Suu
Not sure if Mother Nature has a sense of humor or...