News:

PD.com: Like a fraternity of drunken clowns, hopped up on goofballs, beating one-another to a bloody pulp with bricks; the maniacal laughter increases exponentially as someone runs off to get a cinder-block.

Main Menu

Nyarlathotep

Started by StarFish, May 30, 2005, 01:15:11 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

StarFish

Everyone's always Cthulhu this and Cthulhu that, but no one ever says anything about Nyarlathotep. Am I the only who who likes Nyarlathotep?

(not saying Cthulhu isn't cool or anything...)
Étoiles de Mer de Saint le Cinquième

Great Teacher Largo

Pssh.  People get all hung up on Cthulhu, and forget the Miskatonic Razor.
"Any sufficiently tentacled spheroid is indistinguishable from the Great Cthulhu." -- Watashi

"Never attribute to Cthulhu what can adequately be explained by Dagon." -- Miskatonic Razor

"Everything but Sterility can be inherited.  None of your direct ancestors died childless." -- Red Queen

Note to filmmakers of the future: bad dialog leads to anger, bad directing leads to hatred, shallow action sequences lead to suffering. Farming out a movie to a corporation of computer animators is a path to the dark side of filmmaking.

High Inquisitor of the LMNO Society of Discordians (LSD)

It is dark.  You are likely to be eaten by a Grue.

This Poster is Owned and Operated by the Frobozz Magic Co., Ltd.

Horab Fibslager

Quote from: StarFishEveryone's always Cthulhu this and Cthulhu that, but no one ever says anything about Nyarlathotep. Am I the only who who likes Nyarlathotep?

(not saying Cthulhu isn't cool or anything...)

i'm a big fan of the creeping chaos myself.
Hell is other people.

Donkeyotay

GMD uses Nyarlathotep in some of its practices!

East Coast Hustle

Nyarlathotep > Cthulhu

for that matter, Azathoth > Cthulhu

and let's not forget, Shub Niggurath > Cthulhu

8)
Rabid Colostomy Hole Jammer of the Coming Apocalypse™

The Devil is in the details; God is in the nuance.

Some yahoo yelled at me, saying 'GIVE ME LIBERTY OR GIVE ME DEATH', and I thought, "I'm feeling generous today.  Why not BOTH?"

Horab Fibslager

Quote from: Mob RuleNyarlathotep > Cthulhu

8)

you say that becuase cthulu isn't sleeping on your couch eating your fridges faster than you can bring em home :P
Hell is other people.

Bella

Quote from: complete and utter prick
Quote from: Mob RuleNyarlathotep > Cthulhu

8)

you say that becuase cthulu isn't sleeping on your couch eating your fridges faster than you can bring em home :P
I agree. As cool as the other elder gods might be, they just aren't the Cthulu I've grown to know and love.
Gotta admit, though........I love him best of all when he's at horab's place instead of mine.
just like in a dream
you'll open your mouth to scream
and you won't make a sound

you can't believe your eyes
you can't believe your ears
you can't believe your friends
you can't believe you're here

hooplala

What about Yog Sothoth?

Or is he ignored because he's in the Illuminatus Trilogy?
"Soon all of us will have special names" — Professor Brian O'Blivion

"Now's not the time to get silly, so wear your big boots and jump on the garbage clowns." — Bob Dylan?

"Do I contradict myself?
Very well then I contradict myself,
(I am large, I contain multitudes.)"
— Walt Whitman

Horab Fibslager

Quote from: Christ RawWhat about Yog Sothoth?

Or is he ignored because he's in the Illuminatus Trilogy?

probaly because he's the redheaded bastard child of the elder gods.

there was a wailing and a syphoning as the birthing pains of yog sothoth's illegitimate stepfather shrieked cyclopean rages from teh depths of time into th ematerial wakign world of men and sciences, from that hporrible abominable bosom came th ehideous thing, the offspring of the coupling of the colour out of space and He Who's Name Must Not Be Spoken, the black man, and the finitesimal angles which vexed my shattered mind in the early days of may. There was a faded shadow of what may have been but never was, and what was given to that shadow was the form of the Gate, who was also the Keeper of the Gate, an all in one and one in all being of limitless being and self from beyond the boundaries of space and time, who was also known under the name of rudy and amny other names, but especially rudy when trying out for the football team.
Hell is other people.

nurbldoff

For me it's a tie between Yog-Sothoth and Nyatlathotep. But doesn't seem fair to compare Cthulhu to them, because he's not really a god is he?
Nature is the great teacher. Who is the principal?

hooplala

Quote from: nurbldoffdoesn't seem fair to compare Cthulhu to them, because he's not really a god is he?

Uh oh.

::ducks before the unleashing::
"Soon all of us will have special names" — Professor Brian O'Blivion

"Now's not the time to get silly, so wear your big boots and jump on the garbage clowns." — Bob Dylan?

"Do I contradict myself?
Very well then I contradict myself,
(I am large, I contain multitudes.)"
— Walt Whitman

Bella

Quote from: nurbldoffFor me it's a tie between Yog-Sothoth and Nyatlathotep. But doesn't seem fair to compare Cthulhu to them, because he's not really a god is he?
Please don't let Cthulu hear you say that. You have no idea what he's like when he throws a temper tantrum. All I can say is "Thank Eris it's horab's turn to have custody of him right now!"
just like in a dream
you'll open your mouth to scream
and you won't make a sound

you can't believe your eyes
you can't believe your ears
you can't believe your friends
you can't believe you're here

LMNO

The Scrid>All Elder Gods.

'Nuff said.

nurbldoff

Oh... I thought this was a Cthulhu-bashing thread. Sorry!
Nature is the great teacher. Who is the principal?

LMNO

Quote from: nurbldoffOh... I thought this was a Cthulhu-bashing thread. Sorry!

The Scrid>Cuthulu, as well.

Better?