Just 'cause this is a Discordian board doesn't mean we eat up dada bullshit

Main Menu

tales of synchronicity

Started by tyrannosaurus vex, November 10, 2010, 09:34:25 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Mesozoic Mister Nigel

Quote from: Jenne on November 13, 2010, 01:37:47 AM
Quote from: Nigel on November 11, 2010, 09:25:41 PM
If you want synchronicity, today a friend and I were having an online discussion about the difference between pork appreciation and gluttony. In the midst of this discussion I went to reply to his last post (having to do with meatloaf) and then realized that it was post #1111 in the sub. On 11/11. A short while later, I looked at the post again and noticed that it was posted at 11:11.

So, guys, I think the signs are clear: Meatloaf in 2011.

:potd:

:thanks:
"I'm guessing it was January 2007, a meeting in Bethesda, we got a bag of bees and just started smashing them on the desk," Charles Wick said. "It was very complicated."

rong

so, I recently learned there's a lot of RAW stuff on YouTube and have been thoroughly enjoying it.

Anyhow, last week I was telling my girlfriend about one of the interviews (she's very into language) where RAW was talking about how what language you speak influences your thought processs.  Specifically, his example about how it is very difficult to speak about Einstein's relativity in english, but native Hopi is a much better language for discussing relativity.

Skip forward a day, and I see my girlfriends daughter coloring a bunch of turtles - it reminded me of the "turtles all the way down" story and I told her I liked turtles and that I wanted to tell her a story about turtles (the turtles all the way down story) but for reasons I can't recall I didn't get to tell her the story.

Skip forward another day - no school and complicated work schedules and stuff means my parents are babysitting my gf's daughter.  they just got a little fishing boat and the weather is finally nice enough to play outside, so they take her out on the boat.  My mom posted pictures of the boat trip and i see that they saw some turtles on the lake which reminded me to tell my gf's daughter the "turtles all the way down story"

skip forward a couple more days - my GF invited her sister and my parents over for mother's day (she lives with me, I was at work).  After I get home, she tells me that my mom was telling her about how she's been studying the history of the Hopi Indians.  I was like - that's weird - and my GF was like, I know right?

skip forward another day - I see on facebook that one of my friends has sort of realized he needs to (and has pledged that he will) be changing a lot of things about his life.  Since I'm on a RAW kick, I start thinking maybe I should send him a copy of Prometheus Rising - I always felt that book had a tremendous effect at showing you how powerful your mind is and ways to go about changing it.  Anyhow, I knew I had read it but didn't have a copy, so I figured I must've read a .pdf while on midnights or something and sure enough - a google search turns it up (on principiadiscordia.com nonetheless).  So I send him a link and start re-reading it myself - where I'm delighted to see the very first part of the very first chapter is the "turtles all the way down" story.

"a real smart feller, he felt smart"

minuspace

Quote from: rong on May 09, 2016, 10:35:48 PM
so, I recently learned there's a lot of RAW stuff on YouTube and have been thoroughly enjoying it.

Anyhow, last week I was telling my girlfriend about one of the interviews (she's very into language) where RAW was talking about how what language you speak influences your thought processs.  Specifically, his example about how it is very difficult to speak about Einstein's relativity in english, but native Hopi is a much better language for discussing relativity.

Skip forward a day, and I see my girlfriends daughter coloring a bunch of turtles - it reminded me of the "turtles all the way down" story and I told her I liked turtles and that I wanted to tell her a story about turtles (the turtles all the way down story) but for reasons I can't recall I didn't get to tell her the story.

Skip forward another day - no school and complicated work schedules and stuff means my parents are babysitting my gf's daughter.  they just got a little fishing boat and the weather is finally nice enough to play outside, so they take her out on the boat.  My mom posted pictures of the boat trip and i see that they saw some turtles on the lake which reminded me to tell my gf's daughter the "turtles all the way down story"

skip forward a couple more days - my GF invited her sister and my parents over for mother's day (she lives with me, I was at work).  After I get home, she tells me that my mom was telling her about how she's been studying the history of the Hopi Indians.  I was like - that's weird - and my GF was like, I know right?

skip forward another day - I see on facebook that one of my friends has sort of realized he needs to (and has pledged that he will) be changing a lot of things about his life.  Since I'm on a RAW kick, I start thinking maybe I should send him a copy of Prometheus Rising - I always felt that book had a tremendous effect at showing you how powerful your mind is and ways to go about changing it.  Anyhow, I knew I had read it but didn't have a copy, so I figured I must've read a .pdf while on midnights or something and sure enough - a google search turns it up (on principiadiscordia.com nonetheless).  So I send him a link and start re-reading it myself - where I'm delighted to see the very first part of the very first chapter is the "turtles all the way down" story.

That's cool.  Perhaps the Hopi are on the right side of the divide ;)

rong

What would really tie it up is if the turtles all the way down was a Hopi story ...
"a real smart feller, he felt smart"

minuspace

Nah, the continuity of their temporal structure precludes an infinite regress.