News:

It is better to set off a nuclear bomb, than to sit and curse the dark.

Main Menu

NaNoWriMo 2009?

Started by Suu, October 12, 2009, 09:45:04 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Kai

Quote from: Cain on October 13, 2009, 09:58:04 PM
I'm still researching and planning for a real novel.

I came up with the basic idea in March or so.

I remember when you posted the first chapter.
If there is magic on this planet, it is contained in water. --Loren Eisley, The Immense Journey

Her Royal Majesty's Chief of Insect Genitalia Dissection
Grand Visser of the Six Legged Class
Chanticleer of the Holometabola Clade Church, Diptera Parish

Requia ☣

Quote from: Cain on October 13, 2009, 09:58:04 PM
I'm still researching and planning for a real novel.

I came up with the basic idea in March or so.

Is that the fantasy deconstruction one?  I've been looking forward to that.
Inflatable dolls are not recognized flotation devices.

Cain

Yeah, a couple of fragments aside, I have written nothing extra.

And even that chapter I'm reconsidering.  If I want to go with the theme I wanted, I may have to follow the "lowly peasant discovers he is the Messiah" route first, for a while anyway.  The whole thing is a take that to this subtype of the genre, so following the format, at least in the early days, may help.

Mesozoic Mister Nigel

Quote from: Kai on October 13, 2009, 09:44:22 PM
I'd love to do NaNoWriMo, but I just don't have time.

Might be better to start a REAL novel. You know, the sort that's pre planned and takes longer than a month to write.

The thing about NaNoWriMo is that it's not supposed to result in anything GOOD, but simply that it's supposed to get people writing daily, which is hard to do.
"I'm guessing it was January 2007, a meeting in Bethesda, we got a bag of bees and just started smashing them on the desk," Charles Wick said. "It was very complicated."

Cain

Came up with a plot.

It involves, in no particular order:

HIMEOBS
Thirty Xanatos Pileup
Cosmic Horrors
Brown Notes
Corrupt Corporate Execs
Made Of Explodium
Refuge in Audacity
Rule of Cool
HIMEOBS
Parallel Universes
Martial Arts Does Not Work That Way
Gun Kata
Military Maverick
Your Head Asplode
HIMEOBS

LMNO

Cain

By the time I'm done, they'll need a whole new category: Dakka Times Infinity

Rococo Modem Basilisk

What about go-faster lines?

I am not "full of hate" as if I were some passive container. I am a generator of hate, and my rage is a renewable resource, like sunshine.

Iason Ouabache

Quote from: RWH1N1 on October 13, 2009, 01:24:27 PM
I will once again be a cheerleader from the sidelines.  I know damn well I don't have the motivation, nor the discipline, to undertake such a thing. 
Yeah, this. I barely got past 1000 words last year and it was all shit. I will have even less time this year so I'm not even going to try.

Quote from: LMNO on October 19, 2009, 03:04:54 PM
Needs More Dakka Ditka.
:D I double dare ya, Cain!!!
You cannot fathom the immensity of the fuck i do not give.
    \
┌( ಠ_ಠ)┘┌( ಠ_ಠ)┘┌( ಠ_ಠ)┘┌( ಠ_ಠ)┘

Mesozoic Mister Nigel

I have an inspirational sentence all ready to go. It has to do with hair, and urine.
"I'm guessing it was January 2007, a meeting in Bethesda, we got a bag of bees and just started smashing them on the desk," Charles Wick said. "It was very complicated."

Kurt Christ

I'll try. Let's see how much drivel I can churn out in one month.
Formerly known as the Space Pope (then I was excommunicated), Father Kurt Christ (I was deemed unfit to raise children, spiritual or otherwise), and Vartox (the speedo was starting to chafe)

Jenne

every year I say I will, every year I fail... :cry:

Mesozoic Mister Nigel

How do we become writing buddies with each other? I do not understand this social networking function.

Rococo Modem Basilisk

It helps to know people's nicks ;-)

Mine is enkiv2, I think.

I am not "full of hate" as if I were some passive container. I am a generator of hate, and my rage is a renewable resource, like sunshine.

Mesozoic Mister Nigel