News:

Also, i dont think discordia attracts any more sociopaths than say, atheism or satanism.

Main Menu

Open Bar: Funnier Than White People Practicing Voodoo

Started by The Good Reverend Roger, June 09, 2014, 03:18:31 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

minuspace

Yes.  I think that the expression of care/understanding will help  - and the Doctor will also help develop positive independent coping skills.  When/where I was younger there was still too much of a stigma against seeing doctor and that was regrettable.

Nephew Twiddleton

Quote from: Freeky Queen of DERP on June 22, 2014, 07:11:40 PM
Quote from: Ållnephew Tvýðleþøn on June 19, 2014, 01:37:14 AM
Hey Freeky! How goes?

Things go. 

How about you (question put to all, not just Twid)?

Generally the same as I've been for the past few months, except that my insomnia isn't staying up real late, now it involves sleep interruption and not being able to fall back asleep for significant stretches of time. It leaves me variously under- or over-rested. School. Need more studying.
Strange and Terrible Organ Laminator of Yesterday's Heavy Scene
Sentence or sentence fragment pending

Soy El Vaquero Peludo de Oro

TIM AM I, PRIMARY OF THE EXTRA-ATMOSPHERIC SIMIANS

UB

Quote from: Freeky Queen of DERP on June 22, 2014, 07:12:50 PM
Quote from: The Good Reverend Roger on June 19, 2014, 02:24:40 AM
Quote from: Freeky Queen of DERP on June 19, 2014, 01:23:52 AM
Quote from: The Right Reverend Nigel on June 19, 2014, 01:18:55 AM
Quote from: Freeky Queen of DERP on June 19, 2014, 12:57:10 AM
I'm going up to Phoenix for Kotei this year this Saturday, I hope.  There theoretically is room for me in a car, plenty of room.  Yes.

Excellent! I mean, Phoenix is terrible, but road trips are awesome.

They are!  We set out after an all-nighter at 6 AM, a good time.  It isn't too hot yet, then.

I HAS A NEW STALKER!

:lulz:  I saw.  Not a particularly interesting one, either, which is a shame.

Praise be... the level of boredom represented should cast doubt on such insinuations and prevent any new ones from arising.

The beach was beautiful and the sand was scorching.

Within the grip of Err.... some are fucked in the head by a fist of fire.

Pæs

Quote from: UB on June 22, 2014, 10:35:13 PM
I'm going up to Phoenix for Kotei this year this Saturday, I hope.  There theoretically is room for me in a car, plenty of room.  Yes.

They are!  We set out after an all-nighter at 6 AM, a good time.  It isn't too hot yet, then.

I HAS A NEW STALKER!

Praise be... the level of boredom represented should cast doubt on such insinuations and prevent any new ones from arising.

Fuck off. There isn't a single person still interested in engaging with you here. This is the case solely because of your terrible conduct.

Nephew Twiddleton

Quote from: Pæs on June 22, 2014, 10:46:08 PM
Quote from: UB on June 22, 2014, 10:35:13 PM

I HAS A NEW STALKER!

Fuck off. There isn't a single person still interested in engaging with you here. This is the case solely because of your terrible conduct.

Paes is right, at least in my case.

Suu

Quote from: LuciferX on June 22, 2014, 03:22:25 AM

Yar!  That's pretty fucking cool - plus the storm of images conjured by the idea of Barbary War.  Fucking badass.  I don't say that often.

If you're ever in Boston, go. Totally worth it. Try to be in the area when they do Colors at 8am. They let us on the dock to watch the cannon go off. Granted, again, Navy privileges, but the area around it is a public park, and there's a nice dock just up the block where you get a view of the Navy Yard and Downtown. Totally free for public access.
Sovereign Episkopos-Princess Kaousuu; Esq., Battle Nun, Bene Gesserit.
Our Lady of Perpetual Confusion; 1st Church of Discordia

"Add a dab of lavender to milk, leave town with an orange, and pretend you're laughing at it."

Freeky

Quote from: Pæs on June 22, 2014, 10:46:08 PM

Let the thing respond all it likes.  Ignoring it is best, because not existing hurts more than being hated.  Pledge, and annoy the shit out of it.

Freeky

Quote from: Ållnephew Tvýðleþøn on June 22, 2014, 10:34:50 PM
Hey Freeky! How goes?

Things go. 

Generally the same as I've been for the past few months, except that my insomnia isn't staying up real late, now it involves sleep interruption and not being able to fall back asleep for significant stretches of time. It leaves me variously under- or over-rested. School. Need more studying.

Sounds butts, the sleep part. :(  Good luck with school!

Nephew Twiddleton

Quote from: Freeky Queen of DERP on June 23, 2014, 12:48:08 AM
Hey Freeky! How goes?

Things go. 

If I stayed in history, I'd be a junior right now. But I switched to bio, so I think I'm a sophomore now. Anyway, I transfer to a 4 year at the end of Spring 2015.

I'm mostly interested in microbiology, molecular biology and studying evolution in early Earth conditions.

Nephew Twiddleton

Oh. Unless we find life on Titan or Enceladus or something. If that, that's my job if I can snag it.

Mesozoic Mister Nigel

Quote from: Ållnephew Tvýðleþøn on June 23, 2014, 12:56:02 AM
Hey Freeky! How goes?

Things go. 

If I stayed in history, I'd be a junior right now. But I switched to bio, so I think I'm a sophomore now. Anyway, I transfer to a 4 year at the end of Spring 2015.

I'm mostly interested in microbiology, molecular biology and studying evolution in early Earth conditions.

I can't recall whether I've already asked whether you've received advising at the university you're transferring to yet? Where are you headed, again?
"I'm guessing it was January 2007, a meeting in Bethesda, we got a bag of bees and just started smashing them on the desk," Charles Wick said. "It was very complicated."

Nephew Twiddleton

Quote from: The Right Reverend Nigel on June 23, 2014, 01:32:17 AM
Quote from: Ållnephew Tvýðleþøn on June 23, 2014, 12:56:02 AM
Hey Freeky! How goes?

Things go. 

I can't recall whether I've already asked whether you've received advising at the university you're transferring to yet? Where are you headed, again?

If I can, I'll go to something like MIT, but I'm banking on UMass Boston. They'll automatically accept me, being a student from Bunker Hill, and all of my Biology major credits will transfer (BHCC and UMass have an agreement). My major at BHCC is actually called "Biology Transfer Program." The understanding is that you're not getting an AS, but a BS. I've gotten rudimentary advising, and that's the only reason why I'm entertaining MIT and other universities for junior and senior year. But ultimately it comes down to money. If MIT will accept me and give me way more financial aid, well, yeah, MIT.

Nephew Twiddleton

Incidentally, if I end up going to school in Cambridge instead of Boston, I'm definitely not moving out of Somerville until I get my BS. If I transfer to UMass, I might consider moving back into Boston, most likely Dorchester, since Dorchester is less expensive than other parts, and close to UMass. As it is right now, I'm one train line stop away from BHCC, and the train station is a 10 minute walk from my place.

Nephew Twiddleton

I could actually walk to school in 20 minutes...

Cardinal Pizza Deliverance.

Today I found out that Marion Zimmer Bradley was a child molester/rapist and that she and her husband got their rocks off by diddling kids when they weren't writing books or founding the SCA or starting covens or whatever.

I never got into her work much, but she was a big influence on a lot of my pagan friends and she was the mentor to some authors I really enjoy. So. Kinda vomiting in my mouth, here. I lack the ability to separate art from artist in the case of child abuse.

I thought about making a separate post about this since it's sort of messing with my head and there's all sorts of wonderful discussions to be had about this shitstorm. But I kinda wanna curl up in my closet and not come out, instead.

Not entirely sure why, except that it's Summer.
Weevil-Infested Badfun Wrongsex Referee From The 9th Earth
Slick and Deranged Wombat of Manhood Questioning
Hulking Dormouse of Lust and DESPAIR™
Gatling Geyser of Rainbow AIDS

"The only way we can ever change anything is to look in the mirror and find no enemy." - Akala  'Find No Enemy'.