News:

Several times a month, I will be in a store aisle reaching for something and feel a hand going up the inside of my thigh. When I turn around to find myself alone with a woman, and ask her if she would prefer me to hold still so she can get a better feel for the situation, oftentimes she will act "shocked" claiming nothing had happened, it must be somebody else...

Main Menu

Chinese Restaurant

Started by Penumbral, January 24, 2014, 04:10:29 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Penumbral

I have been in this place for years. Hidden behind opaque red glass. The light diffuses and dissipates before it hits me. I wear glasses and sip on this tea. My cup is never ending. With each sip I drain most the glass. Each time I pick up my glass it is full again, and hot. I don't know if anyone knows I am here. I don't give it much thought. All the workers look depressed or at least downtrodden. They come and go, but no customers ever do. I see them with their white rice sitting in the kitchen eating, slowly. I have never seen anyone else in this Chinese restaurant. Just the workers and me. I don't even think they know I am here. In my seat I sway a little, rock this way and back. It's comforting, I do not know why. I am happy here. It seems sometimes like I shouldn't be. Dismal would be a more understanding emotional response to my surroundings, but my surroundings do not even interact with me. I am separate, somehow, like a different force all together. My cup is like a giant's thimble, or a miniatures bath basin. I can't reach the bottom of the glass but it feels dainty in my hands. This is all I have and I am happy with that. I think I could even do without my eye-glasses. I can't hardly see without them, but I don't need to look around anymore. I know this place. I have been here for years. I wonder if anyone even noticed me when I came in. I wonder if I even care. Every day is short for me. The caffeine in the tea keeps me awake, but I still dream. I know I am dreaming though. If I travel to distant lands or get a parking ticket I know I am dreaming, and in reality am just sitting in this Chinese restaurant. It's relaxing. I am relaxed. I like it here. In my dreams, however, I never wear these eye-glasses.

Mesozoic Mister Nigel

Wow, I don't know what it means but I really like it.
"I'm guessing it was January 2007, a meeting in Bethesda, we got a bag of bees and just started smashing them on the desk," Charles Wick said. "It was very complicated."

3n1g

Left

Hope was the thing with feathers.
I smacked it with a hammer until it was red and squashy