News:

PD.com: We'll make you an offer you can't understand.

Main Menu

Attention, you snotty little lurking bastards:

Started by The Good Reverend Roger, February 07, 2012, 07:53:57 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Epimetheus

Quote from: The Good Reverend Roger on February 07, 2012, 11:34:01 PM
I can deal with people who love me, with people who like me, and even with people that hate me.  Hell, I like most of the people I hate (they're not mutually exclusive terms).  But dislike?  That smacks of indifference mixed with disdain, and I really have no time for people who feel that way about me.
Well, it's not disdain, as I just said - it's not thinking less of someone; I still have respect for them. I'm just averse to the particular things they say or the way they say them.
And indifference is a separate thing from dislike by definition.

I only wish, Epi, that you'd said so much earlier, as it would be one less opinion I'd have spend effort considering.

Oh, the same indifference+disdain you were just saying you have no time for.

This is what I don't get, and what I was trying to describe - you don't like the one statement, so you ignore any others I make? In that case, why would I do anything more than lurk?
POST-SINGULARITY POCKET ORGASM TOAD OF RIGHTEOUSNESS

The Good Reverend Roger

Quote from: Epimetheus on February 07, 2012, 11:50:46 PM

Nope.  No disdain at all.  It's more that you ceased to matter at all, even as an object of ridicule.  I just have no time for people who dislike me (and my friends), simply because you don't like what they say or how they say it.  I don't know how much clearer I can be about that.

In that case, why would I do anything more than lurk?

No, the question is, why would you lurk?  You've stated you don't like those of us that are "loud", which I can only take to mean "prolific posters", since PD has no audio.

Given that, it's kind of creepy isn't it, hanging around and reading the thoughts of people you don't like?

Now, if there are no other questions, you can go back to whatever the hell it is you do, and I can get back to what I do.
" It's just that Depeche Mode were a bunch of optimistic loveburgers."
- TGRR, shaming himself forever, 7/8/2017

"Billy, when I say that ethics is our number one priority and safety is also our number one priority, you should take that to mean exactly what I said. Also quality. That's our number one priority as well. Don't look at me that way, you're in the corporate world now and this is how it works."
- TGRR, raising the bar at work.

Epimetheus

Quote from: The Good Reverend Roger on February 07, 2012, 11:58:43 PM

Nope.  No disdain at all.  It's more that you ceased to matter at all, even as an object of ridicule.  I just have no time for people who dislike me (and my friends), simply because you don't like what they say or how they say it.  I don't know how much clearer I can be about that.

What they say and how they say it is all I can actually get here, so when I say I dislike them I'm making a statement about those things. Their forum personality. Obviously I can't dislike the aspects of the person I don't know or experience, and I'm not claiming any opinion about that.

No, the question is, why would you lurk?  You've stated you don't like those of us that are "loud", which I can only take to mean "prolific posters", since PD has no audio.
Most prolific is better wording. What I said is I don't like at least a few of them - with the clarification above, that means those aspects of them I see in the forum. If I didn't like anyone here, I wouldn't be here. There are awesome things produced and presented in PD and there are awesome people.

edit to add: I hope you're not thinking my dislike is a judgment of the person being disliked. It's a statement of my reaction, not their being.

The Good Reverend Roger

Quote from: Epimetheus on February 08, 2012, 12:13:34 AM
Quote from: The Good Reverend Roger on February 07, 2012, 11:58:43 PM

What they say and how they say it is all I can actually get here, so when I say I dislike them I'm making a statement about those things. Their forum personality. Obviously I can't dislike the aspects of the person I don't know or experience, and I'm not claiming any opinion about that.

Most prolific is better wording. What I said is I don't like at least a few of them - with the clarification above, that means those aspects of them I see in the forum. If I didn't like anyone here, I wouldn't be here. There are awesome things produced and presented in PD and there are awesome people.

edit to add: I hope you're not thinking my dislike is a judgment of the person being disliked. It's a statement of my reaction, not their being.

Let's just look at that a moment.

"I hope you don't think of my shitting all over you as a judgement of you.  It's a statement of my reaction, not your being."

But, yeah, it IS a statement of your reaction.  You have seen my reaction to that nasty little reaction.

And that's all I have to say.

"Billy, when I say that ethics is our number one priority and safety is also our number one priority, you should take that to mean exactly what I said. Also quality. That's our number one priority as well. Don't look at me that way, you're in the corporate world now and this is how it works."

Epimetheus

Quote from: The Good Reverend Roger on February 08, 2012, 01:15:27 AM

"I hope you don't think of my shitting all over you as a judgement of you.  It's a statement of my reaction, not your being."

But, yeah, it IS a statement of your reaction.  You have seen my reaction to that nasty little reaction.

Saying you dislike some people without any other specifics or names is shitting all over them?

The Good Reverend Roger

Quote from: Epimetheus on February 08, 2012, 01:22:10 AM

Saying you dislike some people without any other specifics or names is shitting all over them?

I'd say so, yes.  And it was really no secret who you were talking about, was it?

Don't wimp out on me now, boy.

Epimetheus

Quote from: The Good Reverend Roger on February 08, 2012, 01:29:59 AM
Quote from: Epimetheus on February 08, 2012, 01:22:10 AM

I'd say so, yes.  And it was really no secret who you were talking about, was it?

Don't wimp out on me now, boy.

I never denied your assumptions because it wasn't a relevant part of the conversation, but no, you are not one of the people I was thinking of. I'm not going to give a list, obviously, because like I said, it's not about the people, it's just a description of my inner reaction to them. I fully accept that I might love all of them in a year's time (no lmnuendo intended).

The Good Reverend Roger

Whatever.

Doesn't matter.  The OP still stands.  This place is fucking dead, and I regret all the time I've spent writing here, though not all the time I've spent reading.

I'm also done talking about the subject, ranting about it, or otherwise giving a shit.

Cramulus

You know who I don't fucking like? The fucking Pterodactyl Handler. Asshole hates us / is bent on our destruction, but not in a "feel good" way like Roger, in an evil robot way. One day he's going to destroy this place for real. for real.

The Good Reverend Roger

Quote from: Cramulus on February 08, 2012, 01:46:14 AM
You know who I don't fucking like? The fucking Pterodactyl Handler. Asshole hates us / is bent on our destruction, but not in a "feel good" way like Roger, in an evil robot way. One day he's going to destroy this place for real. for real.

I'm not afraid of that bastard!  What's he gonna do, huh?

Don Coyote

Quote from: The Good Reverend Roger on February 08, 2012, 01:47:52 AM

Steal your jeep with one of his fucking pterowhatits.

The Good Reverend Roger

Quote from: Pope Coyote of the Wolffnords on February 08, 2012, 02:05:49 AM

HAH!  JOKE'S ON HIM! 

My Jeep is out of warranty.

Don Coyote

Quote from: The Good Reverend Roger on February 08, 2012, 02:07:06 AM
Quote from: Pope Coyote of the Wolffnords on February 08, 2012, 02:05:49 AM

HAH!  JOKE'S ON HIM! 

My Jeep is out of warranty.

You need to read the fine print. something something pterodactyl theft something something armegeddon something something free strippers every tuesday.....

Eater of Clowns

Roger voided the warranty on his Jeep the day he drove it out of the lot.  He did it right in front of the salesman, actually, who quit the next day and sends the same letter to the dealership every week.
Quote from: Pippa Twiddleton on December 22, 2012, 01:06:36 AM
EoC, you are the bane of my existence.

Quote from: The Good Reverend Roger on March 07, 2014, 01:18:23 AM
EoC doesn't make creepy.

EoC makes creepy worse.

the afflicted persons get hold of and consume carrots even in socially quite unacceptable situations.

Cardinal Pizza Deliverance.

I don't know what to write. The people I work with are stupid, but that's sort of a given. They think making sandwiches is a hard job. I don't go anywhere. I don't do anything. I just sit here and think up absurd stories I'm never going to write and forget before I write them down.

I'm a really boring person, with or without a fist full of rage squeezing my colon.

Or maybe that's what the MachineTMwants me to think. I dunno.

Weevil-Infested Badfun Wrongsex Referee From The 9th Earth
Slick and Deranged Wombat of Manhood Questioning
Hulking Dormouse of Lust and DESPAIRâ„¢
Gatling Geyser of Rainbow AIDS

"The only way we can ever change anything is to look in the mirror and find no enemy." - Akala  'Find No Enemy'.