News:

PD.com: "a rather irritating form of hermetic terrorism".

Main Menu

Favourite/ Least favourite STAR WARS character

Started by OPTIMUS PINECONE, November 07, 2008, 09:47:43 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

nurbldoff

I'm not defending the crap new trilogy, but I do think that the backstory for Darth Vader was kind of a neat mindfuck. Watching the original trilogy will never quite become the same.

Han Solo and Chewbacca are probably my favorite characters. Plus that guy in Jabba's palace who gets upset when his gigantic pet monster gets abruptly killed by Luke. They are the most beliavable characters in the movies.
Nature is the great teacher. Who is the principal?

East Coast Hustle

Rabid Colostomy Hole Jammer of the Coming Apocalypse™

The Devil is in the details; God is in the nuance.

Some yahoo yelled at me, saying 'GIVE ME LIBERTY OR GIVE ME DEATH', and I thought, "I'm feeling generous today.  Why not BOTH?"

Elder Iptuous

Suu

Favorite: Ysanne "Iceheart" Isard
Least Fave: Jacen Solo as Darth Caedus.

Yes, Expanded Universe, so suck my dick.

I guess movie-wise my favorite would have to be Wedge Antilles and my least favorite Jar-Jar only on the annoyabity factor, as in the  EU he's much more involved with the state of things and becomes Senator of the Chommel Sector after Padme dies.

So why Ysanne Isard? Because as far as crazy Imperials go, she's at the top of the list. She was an advocate of torture, brainwashing, germ warfare, racism...everything you DON'T want in a leader in the real world wrapped up into this sexy evil package.

Not going to lie, if Lucas would recognize the books as full canon, the Imperial Remnant would have been MUCH FUCKING BETTER MOVIES than the Republic. Isard, Zsinj, Daala, and Thrawn make Palpatine look like a fucking pussy. If anything, at least just the Thrawn Trilogy, which is pretty much 7, 8, and 9 anyway.

As for Jacen Solo as Caedus, I blame it on bad writing and planning. Here's a character that had a ridiculous amount of potential as a Sith Lord, and you let Karen Traviss and Troy Denning write. Denning is okay, he tends to be dry, but Traviss can go back to fanfic land as far as I'm concerned. Her meaningless injections of Mandalorians and especially Boba Fett into every story while making herself a Mary Sue as some female character (Daala? REALLY?! WHY!!!!!!!!) to fuck said Mandalorians esp. Fett makes me sick.

Also, Jacen getting his ass handed to him by Jaina, who's idea was that? Because Han and Leia didn't have to deal with enough shit during the Yuuzhan Vong when both Anakin Solo and Chewbacca bite the dust, you had to go and have one twin kill the other. And then leaving Jacen's daughter, who no one knew existed considering the entire family can use the Force, in the custody of her grandparents because she was illegitimate and if the Hapan court found out, shit would hit the fan. How the hell did Tenel Ka hide her for 5 years anyway? Fuck.

Legacy of the Force should have ran like The New Jedi Order. Lots of authors with lots of storylines focusing around the same time period. 9 books by 3 authors made it too abrupt.
Sovereign Episkopos-Princess Kaousuu; Esq., Battle Nun, Bene Gesserit.
Our Lady of Perpetual Confusion; 1st Church of Discordia

"Add a dab of lavender to milk, leave town with an orange, and pretend you're laughing at it."

Cainad (dec.)

Quote from: Suu on November 16, 2008, 10:03:41 PM
Favorite: Ysanne "Iceheart" Isard
Least Fave: Jacen Solo as Darth Caedus.

Yes, Expanded Universe, so suck my dick.

I guess movie-wise my favorite would have to be Wedge Antilles and my least favorite Jar-Jar only on the annoyabity factor, as in the  EU he's much more involved with the state of things and becomes Senator of the Chommel Sector after Padme dies.

So why Ysanne Isard? Because as far as crazy Imperials go, she's at the top of the list. She was an advocate of torture, brainwashing, germ warfare, racism...everything you DON'T want in a leader in the real world wrapped up into this sexy evil package.

Not going to lie, if Lucas would recognize the books as full canon, the Imperial Remnant would have been MUCH FUCKING BETTER MOVIES than the Republic. Isard, Zsinj, Daala, and Thrawn make Palpatine look like a fucking pussy. If anything, at least just the Thrawn Trilogy, which is pretty much 7, 8, and 9 anyway.

As for Jacen Solo as Caedus, I blame it on bad writing and planning. Here's a character that had a ridiculous amount of potential as a Sith Lord, and you let Karen Traviss and Troy Denning write. Denning is okay, he tends to be dry, but Traviss can go back to fanfic land as far as I'm concerned. Her meaningless injections of Mandalorians and especially Boba Fett into every story while making herself a Mary Sue as some female character (Daala? REALLY?! WHY!!!!!!!!) to fuck said Mandalorians esp. Fett makes me sick.

Also, Jacen getting his ass handed to him by Jaina, who's idea was that? Because Han and Leia didn't have to deal with enough shit during the Yuuzhan Vong when both Anakin Solo and Chewbacca bite the dust, you had to go and have one twin kill the other. And then leaving Jacen's daughter, who no one knew existed considering the entire family can use the Force, in the custody of her grandparents because she was illegitimate and if the Hapan court found out, shit would hit the fan. How the hell did Tenel Ka hide her for 5 years anyway? Fuck.

Legacy of the Force should have ran like The New Jedi Order. Lots of authors with lots of storylines focusing around the same time period. 9 books by 3 authors made it too abrupt.

:wink:

Suu

Hey, the thread is here.

Everyone should know that putting a Star Wars thread on this board is going to bring Suu in for massive explanations on something. Be lucky that I don't have my own comp right now, or I'd wouldn't have been as sucinct.

"Add a dab of lavender to milk, leave town with an orange, and pretend you're laughing at it."

Cainad (dec.)

<insert snide comment that suggests contempt for others' interests here>

Payne

Quote from: Cainad on November 17, 2008, 02:21:44 AM

FAO Cainad: Why are you acting even more like an asshole than usual?

Suu

Dude, really? REALLY?

What contempt? Did I start the thread? No.

Cainad (dec.)

Quote from: Payne on November 17, 2008, 02:23:07 AM

Quote from: Suu on November 17, 2008, 02:44:31 AM

Dude, really? REALLY?

Sorry, (very) poor attempt at sarcasm.

Sincere apologies to anyone offended.

Payne

Quote from: Cainad on November 17, 2008, 03:03:24 AM
Quote from: Payne on November 17, 2008, 02:23:07 AM

Quote from: Suu on November 17, 2008, 02:44:31 AM

Dude, really? REALLY?

Sorry, (very) poor attempt at sarcasm.

Sincere apologies to anyone offended.

Just stop being a being an asshole man.

Suu

It's a true art to convey sarcasm correctly in text, even on this board. You should know this by now.

I'm not offended, it's just not characteristic of you.

Eve

I saw it as light-hearted sarcasm, but that's just me. Anyway, I thought I'd posted this yesterday.. internets must've fucked with that.

favorite: Max Rebo.
Emotionally crippled narcissist.

Suu

AFK

Cynicism is a blank check for failure.