News:

Today, for a brief second, I thought of a life without Roger. It was much like my current life, except that this forum was a bit nicer.

Main Menu

Rev Roger, Welcome to the Monkeyhouse #6: Walking With the King

Started by The Good Reverend Roger, February 24, 2009, 12:06:23 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Jasper

Quote from: GERMAN BREAST MACHINE on March 01, 2009, 05:17:43 PM
Newton was off his fucking rocker and couldn't stop giving himself mercury poisoning but people still consider him the father of modern physics.  Was he a genius or was he just born at the right time?

Newton was a loon.  But he still invented teh calculus (and so did Leibniz).

Jasper

Quote from: yhnmzw on March 01, 2009, 09:06:34 AM
What part of Jefferson is actually lacking then, even after accounting for tradeoffs?

He was a misogynist, racist backstabber.  Lrn2book.

Cainad (dec.)

Roger,

This was the last thing I read before going to bed last night, immediately after watching your latest video. Explain yourself.

Cainad,
Mildly perturbed

Requia ☣

Quote from: Felix on March 01, 2009, 06:43:58 PM
What part of Jefferson is actually lacking then, even after accounting for tradeoffs?

Also homophobic, he tried to pass a law that would have people castrated for sodomy.
Inflatable dolls are not recognized flotation devices.

The Good Reverend Roger

Yes, because it's always good to talk about people based on current cultural references.  Also, people who fail to go from complete barbarism to utter enlightenment in one (1) generation are by definition assholes of the first water.   Jefferson took the world forward one HUGE fucking step, but because he didn't end at today's standards, nothing he did was worth a shit.

For our next exercise, we'll discuss why nobody should listen to Isaac Newton.

For fuck's sake.

Lrn2book, my fucking diseased ass.  LRN TO HAVE A SENSE OF HISTORY AND PROPORTION.  UNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNG!
" It's just that Depeche Mode were a bunch of optimistic loveburgers."
- TGRR, shaming himself forever, 7/8/2017

"Billy, when I say that ethics is our number one priority and safety is also our number one priority, you should take that to mean exactly what I said. Also quality. That's our number one priority as well. Don't look at me that way, you're in the corporate world now and this is how it works."
- TGRR, raising the bar at work.

The Good Reverend Roger

Quote from: KC on March 01, 2009, 07:27:25 PM

Also homophobic, he tried to pass a law that would have people castrated for sodomy.

Really?  Credible link?

"Billy, when I say that ethics is our number one priority and safety is also our number one priority, you should take that to mean exactly what I said. Also quality. That's our number one priority as well. Don't look at me that way, you're in the corporate world now and this is how it works."

The Good Reverend Roger

Quote from: Cainad on March 01, 2009, 06:47:04 PM
Roger,

This was the last thing I read before going to bed last night, immediately after watching your latest video. Explain yourself.

Cainad,
Mildly perturbed

I'm all fucked up on bad drugs.  Please to lock me away from decent people.

The Good Reverend Roger

Quote from: Felix on March 01, 2009, 06:41:08 PM
Quote from: GERMAN BREAST MACHINE on March 01, 2009, 05:17:43 PM
Newton was off his fucking rocker and couldn't stop giving himself mercury poisoning but people still consider him the father of modern physics.  Was he a genius or was he just born at the right time?

Newton was a loon.  But he still invented teh calculus (and so did Leibniz).

As well as the basis of modern physics.  But because he didn't believe in religious freedom, we must burn all his fucking work.

Or words to that effect.

Requia ☣

Quote from: The Good Reverend Roger on March 01, 2009, 07:46:58 PM

Yes, because it's always good to talk about people based on current cultural references.  Also, people who fail to go from complete barbarism to utter enlightenment in one (1) generation are by definition assholes of the first water.   Jefferson took the world forward one HUGE fucking step, but because he didn't end at today's standards, nothing he did was worth a shit.

For fuck's sake.

Lrn2book, my fucking diseased ass.  LRN TO HAVE A SENSE OF HISTORY AND PROPORTION.  UNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNG!

This

Requia ☣

Quote from: The Good Reverend Roger on March 01, 2009, 07:47:19 PM
Quote from: KC on March 01, 2009, 07:27:25 PM

Really?  Credible link?

Afraid not, went to get it but the site pulled the whole article (about various nasty things done or said by political heroes).

Aufenthatt

bds

Another awesome rant there, Roger!

The Borderline Simpleton,
Is quite happy with the LIES, thank you very much.

The Good Reverend Roger

Quote from: Aufenthatt on March 01, 2009, 10:27:59 PM
Was Jefferson really that much of a step forward?

The fact that you can ask that without being arrested says "yes".

The Good Reverend Roger

Quote from: Requia on March 01, 2009, 09:12:45 PM
Afraid not, went to get it but the site pulled the whole article (about various nasty things done or said by political heroes).

It's in fashion now for midgets to pull down giants, because the midgets cannot accept the fact that there is anyone taller than themselves.

Jasper

Quote from: The Good Reverend Roger on March 01, 2009, 07:46:58 PM

For fuck's sake.

Did you read the part where I posted

Quote from: Felix on March 01, 2009, 06:24:32 AM
The Founders weren't perfect, but compared to Jefferson we ain't shit.

?

Tl;dr, I know the things you are telling me.