News:

It's like that horrible screech you get when the microphone is positioned too close to a speaker, only with cops.

Main Menu

Rev Roger, Welcome to the Monkeyhouse #6: Walking With the King

Started by The Good Reverend Roger, February 24, 2009, 12:06:23 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

The Good Reverend Roger

Quote from: Nigel on March 17, 2009, 03:48:16 PM
Quote from: The Good Reverend Roger on March 03, 2009, 01:49:16 AM
Quote from: Felix on March 03, 2009, 01:48:13 AM
True enough about it being ignorant to characterize historical figures in a modern frame of thought.  I hate to think of how stupid all of this would look in 300 years of relative progress.

"Stay away from the ruins of the Old Ones, kid.  They're haunted."

This is exactly why I'm pissed that the demolished the cooling towers at Trojan. For fuck's sake, that would have been a really great spooky relic.

:mad:
" It's just that Depeche Mode were a bunch of optimistic loveburgers."
- TGRR, shaming himself forever, 7/8/2017

"Billy, when I say that ethics is our number one priority and safety is also our number one priority, you should take that to mean exactly what I said. Also quality. That's our number one priority as well. Don't look at me that way, you're in the corporate world now and this is how it works."
- TGRR, raising the bar at work.

The Good Reverend Roger

"Billy, when I say that ethics is our number one priority and safety is also our number one priority, you should take that to mean exactly what I said. Also quality. That's our number one priority as well. Don't look at me that way, you're in the corporate world now and this is how it works."

Mesozoic Mister Nigel

"I'm guessing it was January 2007, a meeting in Bethesda, we got a bag of bees and just started smashing them on the desk," Charles Wick said. "It was very complicated."

Mesozoic Mister Nigel

Fucking christ

after a bottle of wine and no goddamn sleep for days I am starting to be Elvis. And I should go to bed right now BUT A FRIEND IS COMING OVER WITH CIGARETTES, RIGHT? AND IF I DO THIS LONG ENOUGH I MIGHT BECOME GOD.
"I'm guessing it was January 2007, a meeting in Bethesda, we got a bag of bees and just started smashing them on the desk," Charles Wick said. "It was very complicated."

The Good Reverend Roger

Faithless

So, if we all know that we are circling the drain, do we wait for the big flush, and ride the waves, or do we try to jump out of this toilet? What does the monkey brain do? The flight or fight instinct installed in us compels us to try to escape, but as this is our whole world, there is no safe dry land to leap toward. From my limited perspective it appears that corporate America, and the world behind it, has taken to pushing the others down in hopes of one more breath of air before the final plunge.

So, since we are all on the Titanic, I think I will sit and enjoy the orchestra.
Oh, sonovabitch.

Jasper

Quote from: The Good Reverend Roger on December 02, 2009, 04:31:17 PM
Having re-read pages 5-6, I stand by everything I said.

Ditto, to a point. I have never heard of great men or women who didn't have extreme personalities, and old Jefferson was no exception.

Payne

I think I want to memorise the OP in this, for recitation at opportune moments. Replete with AIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIEEEEEEEs and frothing at the mouth-ness.

The Good Reverend Roger

Quote from: Payne on January 12, 2010, 12:19:29 AM
I think I want to memorise the OP in this, for recitation at opportune moments. Replete with AIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIEEEEEEEs and frothing at the mouth-ness.

Pance poomping is recommended.

Payne

Quote from: The Good Reverend Roger on January 12, 2010, 02:09:04 AM
Quote from: Payne on January 12, 2010, 12:19:29 AM

Pance poomping is recommended.

I tried reciting it with appropriate fervour last night, and I discovered my lungs need moar exercise to do it right.

Paragraph long sentences make for hard going on the vocalising, but they sound suitably ranty and I think it would induce an appropriate frothing at the mouth effect.

Payne

Also, I can't seem to get the "AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE!" to sound correct.

~~~Payne: Doesn't know The Truth either :(

The Good Reverend Roger

Quote from: Payne on January 12, 2010, 12:30:43 PM
Also, I can't seem to get the "AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE!" to sound correct.

~~~Payne: Doesn't know The Truth either :(

It doesn't have to go AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIEEEEEEEEEEEEE exactly.  Any inarticulate howling will do.

Ratssinis

Quote from: The Good Reverend Roger on February 24, 2009, 12:06:23 AM
AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE!

This thread ^

Truth is what you make it, its ugly because you just got dumped, and in all likelihood because YOU ARE UGLY. Thus you are the truth... But that's not right... You lie to yourself everyday. You stop to think, calm down. Turn on some music, the radio blares Elvis and you scream with system-shock because you've been reading about how Elvis knew the truth in this thread. How can you be sure he knew the truth anyway? Another lie? Welcome to confusion. The truth is a lie and all lies are truth. Opposites are exchangeable, all that matters is your perception of them. So stop your monkeybrain for a minute, put down that banana, and peek out the bars. Stop me if you've heard this before but the human brain is tiny, hold your fists together, that's your stupid monkeybrain. Now think a moment about how big the public-transit-riding-god-forsaken-universe is, that is this this 'truth'. Now when you feel ready to cram that universe into your monkeybrain without leaking you can call me up on the phone and say 'hey buddy! I just discovered the truth!' well great just don't leak it all over my carpet because let me tell you the little bits that you leak aren't the truth you've been looking for, the truth is everything in that universe all together, you miss a dust particle? sorry bub no enlightenment. Then again who are you to believe me? Maybe just talking about lies and truth is the truth and this whole thing is nothing more then putting thought to paper to ones and zeros to brain impulses....

The Good Reverend Roger

Quote from: Ratssinis on January 15, 2010, 12:15:12 AM
The truth is a lie and all lies are truth. Opposites are exchangeable, all that matters is your perception of them.

I deny this.

LMNO