News:

Not just a bunch of "Trotskyist, car-hating, Hugo Chavez idolising, newt-fancying hypocrites and bendy bus fetishists."

Main Menu

Finding Shadow Fnords

Started by minuspace, March 11, 2013, 07:40:05 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

minuspace

Was watching that derivative drivel "Shadow People" and saw this and wanted to post as a gentle reminder for myself to locate an errant writer/producer once known to frequent this joint.  Secretly, I thought this oblique reference might obtain the requirements of my responsibility to that effect.   :roll:

The Good Reverend Roger

What the hell are you talking about?
" It's just that Depeche Mode were a bunch of optimistic loveburgers."
- TGRR, shaming himself forever, 7/8/2017

"Billy, when I say that ethics is our number one priority and safety is also our number one priority, you should take that to mean exactly what I said. Also quality. That's our number one priority as well. Don't look at me that way, you're in the corporate world now and this is how it works."
- TGRR, raising the bar at work.

The Good Reverend Roger

"Billy, when I say that ethics is our number one priority and safety is also our number one priority, you should take that to mean exactly what I said. Also quality. That's our number one priority as well. Don't look at me that way, you're in the corporate world now and this is how it works."

minuspace

Quote from: The Good Reverend Roger on March 11, 2013, 07:57:50 PM
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Shadow_people

:?
Yea, there's a film out now (lemme know if you want a link) not really worth much, however, I thought I could use the synchronicity also as a vehicle to magically locate a friend of mine as well  :horrormirth:

Elder Iptuous

what synchronicity are you talking about?

The Good Reverend Roger

Sorry, I forgot you were nuts.

minuspace

Turns out there was no liability for that  :fnord:

The Good Reverend Roger

Quote from: LuciferX on March 11, 2013, 08:28:58 PM
Turns out there was no liability for that  :fnord:

Nope.

But let me suggest that, in addition to "magick", you maybe search the guy's name on facebook.

minuspace

Still more direct methods having failed, this was like a message in a bottle, before I start calling relatives  :oops:

minuspace

Quote from: Elder Iptuous on March 11, 2013, 08:09:14 PM
Serendipitously locating Fnords?

Anna Mae Bollocks

For some reason, a lot of people sometimes see black shit moving in their peripheral vision when they're stuck in a place with crappy fluorescent tubes and no natural light. This is probably the reason that schools, mall stores and supermarkets are almost always rumored to be haunted.
:lulz: :lulz: :lulz:
Scantily-Clad Inspector of Gigantic and Unnecessary Cashews, Texas Division

Anna Mae Bollocks

Quote from: LuciferX on March 11, 2013, 08:45:03 PM
Quote from: Elder Iptuous on March 11, 2013, 08:09:14 PM
Serendipitously locating Fnords?

BUT ARE THEY FNORDS IF EVERYBODY CAN SEE THEM?
Scantily-Clad Inspector of Gigantic and Unnecessary Cashews, Texas Division

Mesozoic Mister Nigel

Well, FFS, make sure you don't PM him or mention his handle, or he might realize you're looking for him.
"I'm guessing it was January 2007, a meeting in Bethesda, we got a bag of bees and just started smashing them on the desk," Charles Wick said. "It was very complicated."

minuspace

Quote from: stelz on March 12, 2013, 02:42:23 AM

For some reason, a lot of people sometimes see black shit moving in their peripheral vision when they're stuck in a place with crappy fluorescent tubes and no natural light. This is probably the reason that schools, mall stores and supermarkets are almost always rumored to be haunted.

Yea, sometimes I think it might have something to do with all institutions cutting costs by purchasing fluorescent fixtures with cheap ballasts...  Although it may just be a sign of a poor coupling coefficient, the erratic frequency operation can be manipulated by proper application of leakage inductance.  Anything too reactive would just be stroboscopic :lulz:

GrannySmith

Quote from: LuciferX on March 12, 2013, 10:09:08 PM
Quote from: stelz on March 12, 2013, 02:42:23 AM

Yea, sometimes I think it might have something to do with all institutions cutting costs by purchasing fluorescent fixtures with cheap ballasts...  Although it may just be a sign of a poor coupling coefficient, the erratic frequency operation can be manipulated by proper application of leakage inductance.  Anything too reactive would just be stroboscopic :lulz:

great now i can't get rid of this earworm: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UBZC3krWDS0?   :)
  X