News:

It's funny how the position for boot-licking is so close to the one used for curb-stomping.

Main Menu

In those days.

Started by Kai, March 12, 2010, 09:26:42 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Kai

Warning: this topic has not been posted in for at least 120 days.
Unless you're sure you want to reply, please consider starting a new topic.

Bump, because Brother Nihil reminded me of these. The In Those Days series is from three years ago, and it's interesting to see how my writing has changed since then. It was good cadence practice, if nothing else. Maybe has some value, maybe not. I also like the use of metaphor and religious overtones in this series. Needless to say, there are problems. I repeat myself such that the metaphors are tired by the end. And I cringe at some of the entries; the one of the acolyte in particular. But, compared to the utter pretentiousness of The Process of Sustaining (Summer 2006), these are much better. Thanks again to H McR aka Rhizome for collating them.
If there is magic on this planet, it is contained in water. --Loren Eisley, The Immense Journey

Her Royal Majesty's Chief of Insect Genitalia Dissection
Grand Visser of the Six Legged Class
Chanticleer of the Holometabola Clade Church, Diptera Parish

Freeky

I remember these.  I still like them, too. :)

Mesozoic Mister Nigel

I remember liking these, may have to re-visit.
"I'm guessing it was January 2007, a meeting in Bethesda, we got a bag of bees and just started smashing them on the desk," Charles Wick said. "It was very complicated."