News:

PD.com: We'll make you an offer you can't understand.

Main Menu

To the undecided voters

Started by Cainad (dec.), October 18, 2008, 11:56:30 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Jasper

A popular vote would only serve to further polarize the elections.  It's a bad idea.

Try an approval vote.

The Good Reverend Roger

Quote from: Pope Lecherous on October 20, 2008, 06:15:20 AM
No one was criticizing the founding fathers and their gospel. There's no way to make sure people do their part.  If someone can acknowledge they dont know enough about politics they should learn or not vote.  People still have the right to choose
to make poor decisions.  I would urge them not to.

And again, I urge YOU to eat a dick, for trying to urge people into NOT doing the ONE SOCIALLY CONSCIOUS ACT they'll do in the next four years, whether they do so stupidly or not.  It doesn't even hurt the republic when stupid people vote, because the distribution of stupidity is pretty even between parties, so they cancel each other out.
" It's just that Depeche Mode were a bunch of optimistic loveburgers."
- TGRR, shaming himself forever, 7/8/2017

"Billy, when I say that ethics is our number one priority and safety is also our number one priority, you should take that to mean exactly what I said. Also quality. That's our number one priority as well. Don't look at me that way, you're in the corporate world now and this is how it works."
- TGRR, raising the bar at work.

The Good Reverend Roger

Quote from: Felix on October 20, 2008, 06:22:27 AM
A popular vote would only serve to further polarize the elections.  It's a bad idea.

Try an approval vote.

How about you both fuck off, and we just follow the constitution?

"Billy, when I say that ethics is our number one priority and safety is also our number one priority, you should take that to mean exactly what I said. Also quality. That's our number one priority as well. Don't look at me that way, you're in the corporate world now and this is how it works."

Jasper

Quote from: The Good Reverend Roger on October 20, 2008, 06:23:26 AM

Try an approval vote.

Because the electoral college is a malfunctioning relic.

Honey

Why not let's try a Benevolent Dictatorship?  & I nominate ... well, um uhh err (um again) y'all know who I would nominate?
Fuck the status quo!

The trouble with the world is that the stupid are cocksure & the intelligent are full of doubt.
-Bertrand Russell

Jasper

Quote from: Honey on October 20, 2008, 06:31:47 AM
Why not let's try a Benevolent Dictatorship?  & I nominate ... well, um uhh err (um again) y'all know who I would nominate?

Tempting, but there's no such thing.

The Good Reverend Roger

Quote from: Felix on October 20, 2008, 06:24:34 AM

Try an approval vote.

Okay, so let's change the constitution.  By the way, we can pretend that 50,000,000 screaming religious nuts aren't waiting for us to try, so they can get THEIR thumb in, too.

UNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNG!

You're a smart guy, Felix, but sometimes you can't see the monkeys.

The Good Reverend Roger

Me.  El Presidente Generalissimo for life Roger.

The Good Reverend Roger

Quote from: Felix on October 20, 2008, 06:34:25 AM

Tempting, but there's no such thing.

HAH!  WRONG!

Enrico. 

Nuff said.

Honey

Quote from: The Good Reverend Roger on October 20, 2008, 06:36:01 AM

Yay!
Fuck the status quo!

The trouble with the world is that the stupid are cocksure & the intelligent are full of doubt.
-Bertrand Russell

The Good Reverend Roger

Quote from: Honey on October 20, 2008, 06:37:24 AM
Quote from: The Good Reverend Roger on October 20, 2008, 06:36:01 AM

Yay!

Every man an El Duce, every woman an Imelda, and all the dinners on time!

Honey

& now I can go to sleep in peace!  G'nite Roger et al!
Fuck the status quo!

-Bertrand Russell

The Good Reverend Roger

Quote from: Honey on October 20, 2008, 06:39:21 AM
& now I can go to sleep in peace!  G'nite Roger et al!

Sleep tight.  Our highly trained professionals will guard you as you sleep:

Honey

whudda relief!  whew!  g'nite, sleep tight, don't let the bed bugs bite!   eeeyew.
Fuck the status quo!

-Bertrand Russell

Jasper

Quote from: The Good Reverend Roger on October 20, 2008, 06:35:27 AM
Quote from: Felix on October 20, 2008, 06:24:34 AM

Try an approval vote.

Okay, so let's change the constitution.  By the way, we can pretend that 50,000,000 screaming religious nuts aren't waiting for us to try, so they can get THEIR thumb in, too.

UNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNG!

You're a smart guy, Felix, but sometimes you can't see the monkeys.

What can I say?  I live in a good neighborhood.  They're such better actors after a few years of college.

Also, theoretically if Approval Voting could get amended in without undue pork, it'd fix a lot of problems.  

Especially with restricted approval voting (vote for a minimum of two or similar), which would strengthen the system against decisive voting interest strategies.