News:

You know what I always say? "Always kill the mouthy one", that's what I always say.

Main Menu

In those days Pt. 2.

Started by Kai, March 13, 2010, 04:58:01 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Kai

Science is full of doers and synthesizers, both of them contributing to the pool of the mountain of the cathedral of the tower of knowledge in different ways, inducing to deducing and back again and again

and again

in a cycle the holy men Popper and Wilson call Reciprocal Illumination, a spiraling path ever closer to the truth as a moth following a pheromone trail grows straighter as he hones in on the female.

We draw closer and closer to knowing, really knowing the nature of the stuffs and the doings but we never quite have the whole picture we falter before the end because, yes, science

science is a magic well

We dig deeper and deeper drawing more water and never quite reach the bottom a permanent asymptote that keeps rising exponentially just out of grasp. Karl von Frisch knew it, he said of the honey bee that the more he draws the more there is to draw from the tangled bank of life the godlike Darwin spoke first in holy scripture. He KNEW those weeds, and yet he didn't, saw the wild movements of plants and bugs and birds and the ten thousand things of Lao-tse and he was still fooled without the mechanism.

We are seekers on journeys that will last forever because the answers, the ultimate answers, are always out of grasp and will always be out of grasp because we can never really KNOW. Everything. Socrates understood and took the hemlock anyway.

If there is magic on this planet, it is contained in water. --Loren Eisley, The Immense Journey

Her Royal Majesty's Chief of Insect Genitalia Dissection
Grand Visser of the Six Legged Class
Chanticleer of the Holometabola Clade Church, Diptera Parish

Kai

I guess this one wasn't as good as the last one.

Good exercise though.
If there is magic on this planet, it is contained in water. --Loren Eisley, The Immense Journey

Mesozoic Mister Nigel

I think this one will take more digestion time before I am sure I understand it.
"I'm guessing it was January 2007, a meeting in Bethesda, we got a bag of bees and just started smashing them on the desk," Charles Wick said. "It was very complicated."

MMIX

Quote from: Kai on March 14, 2010, 01:51:28 AM

Good exercise though.

Differently good. You know how some lectures or performances make you want to shout "Yes" and jump up and wave your arms in the air? Well I don't  think this isn't one of them, though I thought the first one was. When you are sat in a dark room and someone throws the shutters back its very dramatic but if someone just cracks the door a bit so your eyes can adjust to the light you can sometimes see more. Just a thought. I hope there is more coming.
"The ultimate hidden truth of the world is that it is something we make and could just as easily make differently" David Graeber

Kai

Quote from: MMIX on March 14, 2010, 02:05:18 AM
Quote from: Kai on March 14, 2010, 01:51:28 AM

Good exercise though.

Differently good. You know how some lectures or performances make you want to shout "Yes" and jump up and wave your arms in the air? Well I don't  think this isn't one of them, though I thought the first one was. When you are sat in a dark room and someone throws the shutters back its very dramatic but if someone just cracks the door a bit so your eyes can adjust to the light you can sometimes see more. Just a thought. I hope there is more coming.

Thanks. I will definitely keep that in mind. This is, well, pretty 7th circuit stuff, you know, mythos. Of science, or biology or whatnot.

There will be one more every day for as long as I can hold out. No content, they say....heh....I'll give them content...

MMIX

/dignified woot from me

More power to your elbow Kai
"The ultimate hidden truth of the world is that it is something we make and could just as easily make differently" David Graeber

Jenne

NICE.  I like it same as the first one.  It's all food for thought, and the wasp/bee allegories (or whatever they are) are also great, too.

On to #3!