News:

"We don't make the apocalypse, we make the apocalypse better."

Main Menu

The reason why school sucks shit through a straw is...

Started by ThatGreenGentleman, March 25, 2010, 01:10:44 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Doktor Howl

Quote from: Faust on March 25, 2010, 02:48:12 AM
Quote from: Sigmatic on March 25, 2010, 02:45:42 AM
Faust may have something.  If you can convince the horrible termagants that you're a lovely young lady (yes, :vom: ) then a forged hall pass should be all you need to go about your business.
Convince them that she's lovely? Are you kidding, calling them by a first name basis and removing the teacher student divide scares the shit out of them.

TGG looks older than she is, too.  If she can master the "ice queen professional woman" look and voice, she'd have them shitting in their pance.

TGG, there are some advantages to dressing sharp once in a while.
Molon Lube

ThatGreenGentleman

Quote from: Doktor Howl on March 25, 2010, 02:50:10 AM
Faust may have something.  If you can convince the horrible termagants that you're a lovely young lady (yes, :vom: ) then a forged hall pass should be all you need to go about your business.
Convince them that she's lovely? Are you kidding, calling them by a first name basis and removing the teacher student divide scares the shit out of them.

TGG looks older than she is, too.  If she can master the "ice queen professional woman" look and voice, she'd have them shitting in their pance.

Meh. If I really would dress sharp, I'd be dressing like the preps and the pinks. Though now that I think about it, I've already mastered the bitchy ice queen of the preps quite well. I don't use that though unless I absolutely have to, and it's hard to keep a straight face scaring someone with the bitchy routine. It makes me want to laugh when I see people about to shit themselves.  :lulz:
As a gentleman, it is my duty to wear top-hats.

Jasper

Important life skill, forgery.  High school is where you learn this stuff.

Faust may have something.  If you can convince the horrible termagants that you're a lovely young lady (yes, :vom: ) then a forged hall pass should be all you need to go about your business.

Just an idea.  I can't really tell what would work without meeting the monitors.  My high school just had maybe three guard personnel, and they were fairly standard except the leader, who was batshit.  So I don't have much experience with this breed of enforcement.

Doktor Howl

Quote from: ThatGreenGentleman on March 25, 2010, 02:53:40 AM
Quote from: Doktor Howl on March 25, 2010, 02:50:10 AM

Meh. If I really would dress sharp, I'd be dressing like the preps and the pinks. Though now that I think about it, I've already mastered the bitchy ice queen of the preps quite well. I don't use that though unless I absolutely have to, and it's hard to keep a straight face scaring someone with the bitchy routine. It makes me want to laugh when I see people about to shit themselves.  :lulz:

1.  How do Pinks dress?

2.  Preppie: 

Ice Queen Professional:

Molon Lube

ThatGreenGentleman

I'd think Pinks would dress in pink, hence the name pinks, or just like everybody else.
As a gentleman, it is my duty to wear top-hats.

Doktor Howl

Quote from: ThatGreenGentleman on March 25, 2010, 03:07:32 AM
I'd think Pinks would dress in pink, hence the name pinks, or just like everybody else.

Pinks dress like everyone else.  Don't make the mistake of thinking they are fat nerds, or whatnot...the Pinkest people are the ones who spend 3 hours in front of the mirror perfecting that "I don't care what people think" look, and laugh at all the losers who don't have a skull on their tee shirt.
Molon Lube

Jasper

It's more of a subgenius thing, TGG.  It doesn't have a lot to do with the color.

Golden Applesauce

Wouldn't causing "mischief" just prove (from the administration's POV) that they were right to think that they need to do a better job controlling the students?

It seems like the real goal is to have fun, with overly obstructive rules being an obstacle to this.  The solution is to either change the rules (could be difficult) or find ways to have fun which are not blocked by the rules (not necessarily "not against the rules.") - just breaking the rules unnecessarily escalates the situation.

Organize a protest where students intentionally skin their knees en masse.  (group hug might be easier.)
Q: How regularly do you hire 8th graders?
A: We have hired a number of FORMER 8th graders.

Juana

Group hug will get more takers, as it doesn't mean hurting yourself and it's one of the more ridiculous rules.

My high school was similar, though I think we had fewer minders and could wear shorts that went to an inch above the knee.

My advice, for whatever it's worth: learn to ooze responsibility. Address your minders with respect but act like their equal--get them to like you if can. And then do and say whatever you want (act like you're supposed to be doing whatever it is you're doing--but being Dok's daughter, I'm sure you've been told that before, yeah?). It helps if you're known for being intelligent because they'll let get away with more.
"I dispose of obsolete meat machines.  Not because I hate them (I do) and not because they deserve it (they do), but because they are in the way and those older ones don't meet emissions codes.  They emit too much.  You don't like them and I don't like them, so spare me the hysteria."

Dysfunctional Cunt

TGG I know exactly how you feel.  They've turned school into concentration camps and there isn't even the possible relief of being gassed...

Your Dad has the right idea, trust me, learn that "Ice Queen" look and attitude and things can improve. 

If nothing else you can harass the emos and make them cry.  It's not much but it helps the day go by!

As for forgery....  eh well, my son is terribly bad about stealing prescription pads and letterhead everytime we go to the Dr's office (which if you've heard about my year lemme tell you we live there) and will write himself all types of excuses.  You can't read Dr's writing anyway so he just scribbles and turns it in. But you didn't hear that from me..... ok?  :lulz:

LMNO

Quote from: ThatGreenGentleman on March 25, 2010, 01:10:44 AM
Because they drained the life out of the FUN. Yes, they did and you can't do a thing about it. So face it, they made school FUCKING LAME! It makes me so angry that I could stab someone in the eye with a pair of "Safety Scissors". Yea, I said it. "Safety Scissors". School is bad enough having to sit through boring lessons, but now, they had to take the FUN away from lunch time. Can't run on the concrete, or play Red Rover because you might fall and get a scrapped knee, can't chew gum cause they think you'll choke, can't run in the halls cause you might fall down the stairs. Can't wear t-shirts they might offensive, can't spit cause someone might say "ew!", can't wear hats because they're distracting. Can't have colorful hair because it might blind someone with fun and recklessness. You can't even hug someone because they deem it to be "inappropriate behavior"! Can you BELIEVE that?! They even enforced a dress code. You can't wear spaghetti straps, can't wear jeans with rips and holes, can't wear shorts that go above the knee even if it's a centimeter above the knee! SCHOOL HAS MADE MY RAGE EVEN FUCKING WORSE!!!!!!! WHOEVER MADE THESE GOD DAMN STUPID RULES DESERVES TO BE STABBED IN THE FUCKING EYE WITH SAFETY SCISSORS A FUCKING THOUSAND TIMES OR UNTIL THEIR EYES BURST OPEN WITH RATTLE SNAKES!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!  :argh!: :argh!: :argh!: :argh!: :argh!:

TGG, a VERY displeased teenager.

I found FUN™ in school by making Pedantry an art form.  Learn the rules, then work inside them, right up to the edge.  Then then change the rules, and you do it all over again.

Back in the MW troll days, I went fucking nuts on them doing this. 

What?  Yes, I was a nerd in high school.  How did you know?

BadBeast

"Because they drained the life out of the FUN."?
Then it's entirely up to you to find some more fun, that they don't know about, and pump some fucking life into it!  It's no good just bellyachin' and feeling sorry for yourself, No one is going to make more fun for you, and if you can't find any, then you may as well just lie down on the ground, and stay there until they sweep your bones into the . . . bonecart? Is that a real thing?
I may be old, (43) But I remember what fun used to be like, it was, well, fun, fer fuxake! How dare they drain all the enjoyment out of going to school! God knows, there was little enough of it there to start with anyway! I bet they don't even teach you anything relevant, or useful there. Like how to hotwire a car, or make pipebombs, or rinse a bogus bank account.
Good luck with that anyway. BB.
"We need a plane for Bombing, Strafing, Assault and Battery, Interception, Ground Support, and Reconaissance,
NOT JUST A "FAIR WEATHER FIGHTER"!

"I kinda like him. It's like he sees inside my soul" ~ Nigel

Whoever puts their hand on me to govern me, is a usurper, and a tyrant, and I declare them my enemy!

"And when the clouds obscure the moon, and normal service is resumed. It wont. Mean. A. Thing"
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zpkCJDYxH-4

KittehAmazing

i understand your pain!!!! atleast you get to wear "some" of your clothing at school. the fucking district thinks that ppl at school will wear certain clothing and think that you are in a fucking gang. thats right a FUCKING GANG!!!!!!! now we got to wear colors of blue, gray, white, and tan for collared shirts and pants. we cant show any affection because its "too sexual". cant stand in a circle with friends anymore because they fucking ruined that too!! the fucking teachers there suck ass. there is this one teacher who ass kisses the principle and loves to nag us about changing our behavior for high school or else we are going to fail. sports arent even fun anymore, one person you accidently pushed and scraped their knee, you get sent up to the fucking office!! whats up with all the whores at school too??!!! GOT A FUCKING LOT OF THOSE!!!!!! know we got to fucking study for the aims test, and teachers are calling it "boot camp". prefect. another thing to deal with. nothing sucks more than school.

love & rockets,
  prodigy
"So Dok, what's the problem with this guy?"
"I don't know, but I have an idea it's a baterial infection."
"But Dok isn't he dying from the knife in his chest?"
"Shut up Mary! Who asked you?"

Freeky

Freeky

Well, I could, but then you'd have nothing to look forward to as an adult. (I'm assuming you're still in school, if I'm wrong then I totally take back what I said.)