News:

Yes we're horrible toxic people, because this is 2020's Mental Illness Olympics, and the winners get a free pass on giving life-threatening advice with the bonus of having zero accountability for their shit behaviour.

Main Menu

Enemy of Fives

Started by Eater of Clowns, May 04, 2010, 06:32:30 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Doktor Howl

Quote from: EoC on May 05, 2010, 03:52:35 AM
Quote from: Doktor Howl on May 05, 2010, 03:41:04 AM
Quote from: EoC on May 05, 2010, 03:24:49 AM
It seems to me like a lot of people around here are seeing enemies where there aren't any. 

Depends, I suppose, on your perspective.  I had at least one enemy where I thought I had a friend.

Not sure how that happened, though a few ugly suspicions have gone through my admittedly damaged mind.

Is he really out to get you?  I think he said some harsh shit, maybe vented some frustration, but I can't say he's after you specifically.  Of course, there could be more the story that I'm missing.

Does it matter?  I was enjoying an admittedly heated debate with a few people, and he comes in playing white knight and telling me that I'm a disease or some shit on PD.

Then I start another thread, not so heated, more of a discussion than a debate, and he shows up and does it again.

At that point, there's no doubt, in my mind.
Molon Lube

Doktor Howl

Also, everyone lurking = nothing but the fucking drama left actually being posted.

Be the board you want to see.
Molon Lube

NotPublished

On that note, the drama could just be a normal occurance, its just more obvious now
In Soviet Russia, sins died for Jesus.

Doktor Howl

Quote from: NotPubli on May 05, 2010, 04:26:26 AM
On that note, the drama could just be a normal occurance, its just more obvious now

Drain the lake, see all the wiggly stuff on the bottom.

Everyone's fucking wimping out at once.  Fucking crying about drama and in the same breath talking about "lurking", and not posting something meaningful to counteract the drama.

This is fucking Discordia.  Wear a goddamn hat.  Or puss out like Paes and be done with it.
Molon Lube

Eater of Clowns

Quote from: Doktor Howl on May 05, 2010, 03:54:40 AM
Quote from: EoC on May 05, 2010, 03:52:35 AM
Quote from: Doktor Howl on May 05, 2010, 03:41:04 AM
Quote from: EoC on May 05, 2010, 03:24:49 AM
It seems to me like a lot of people around here are seeing enemies where there aren't any. 

Depends, I suppose, on your perspective.  I had at least one enemy where I thought I had a friend.

Not sure how that happened, though a few ugly suspicions have gone through my admittedly damaged mind.

Is he really out to get you?  I think he said some harsh shit, maybe vented some frustration, but I can't say he's after you specifically.  Of course, there could be more the story that I'm missing.

Does it matter?  I was enjoying an admittedly heated debate with a few people, and he comes in playing white knight and telling me that I'm a disease or some shit on PD.

Then I start another thread, not so heated, more of a discussion than a debate, and he shows up and does it again.

At that point, there's no doubt, in my mind.

Still, I wish some benefit of the doubt could be given.  People have bad days, people have bad weeks.  That said, I'm sure you're aware of my stance with this and other posts I've made on the subject.  I'll refrain from further comment.  It is, after all, between you and Trip.

Quote from: Doktor Howl on May 05, 2010, 04:36:17 AM
Quote from: NotPubli on May 05, 2010, 04:26:26 AM

Drain the lake, see all the wiggly stuff on the bottom.

Everyone's fucking wimping out at once.  Fucking crying about drama and in the same breath talking about "lurking", and not posting something meaningful to counteract the drama.

This is fucking Discordia.  Wear a goddamn hat.  Or puss out like Paes and be done with it.

THIS is what I'm saying here, part of the message.  It's not that everyone should get along, it's that we should suck it up and continue on when the bad shit happens instead of making enemies.
Quote from: Pippa Twiddleton on December 22, 2012, 01:06:36 AM
EoC, you are the bane of my existence.

Quote from: The Good Reverend Roger on March 07, 2014, 01:18:23 AM
EoC doesn't make creepy.

EoC makes creepy worse.

the afflicted persons get hold of and consume carrots even in socially quite unacceptable situations.

Doktor Howl

Quote from: EoC on May 05, 2010, 04:47:40 AM
Still, I wish some benefit of the doubt could be given.  People have bad days, people have bad weeks.  That said, I'm sure you're aware of my stance with this and other posts I've made on the subject.  I'll refrain from further comment.  It is, after all, between you and Trip.

It's between Trip and Trip.  I don't know what his problem is, and I can't tell him how to behave or what to think.  Until and unless he gets his shit together, I have to treat him as an adversary.  I don't plan to go out of my way to do so, but I'm not going to let him shit on me, either.

THIS is what I'm saying here, part of the message.  It's not that everyone should get along, it's that we should suck it up and continue on when the bad shit happens instead of making enemies.

Discordia has ALWAYS had DISCORD.  It's part of the whole deal.  So is fluff.  So is kick-ass ranting and pranks.

It all goes together.  Kill one part of it, and the whole damn thing starts to fall apart.  Shit hasn't been right around here since the big crusade to end the fluff a month or so back.  It's been one long goddamn drama fest ever since then, or people whimpering about the drama like it's something fucking new, and people I used to RESPECT (like Paes) wimping the fuck out and buggering off because someone spilled some icky drama on the HEM OF THEIR FUCKING SKIRTS.

These silly bastards don't know chaos.  They get a look at it, and they run away like shrieking little girls.

Fuck that noise. 

Molon Lube

NotPublished

Ooo my favourite one ~

"Mix me some cement and harden the fuck up"

It seems I have missed something pretty big (the Trip thing?) anyhow if people keep holding onto the past then of course it's gonna reoccur ... Isn't it one of those 'go with the flow' kinda things?
In Soviet Russia, sins died for Jesus.

Doktor Howl

Quote from: NotPubli on May 05, 2010, 05:12:48 AM
Ooo my favourite one ~

"Mix me some cement and harden the fuck up"

It seems I have missed something pretty big (the Trip thing?) anyhow if people keep holding onto the past then of course it's gonna reoccur ... Isn't it one of those 'go with the flow' kinda things?

Well, this was like 4 days ago.  And then yesterday.

But yeah.
Molon Lube

Eater of Clowns

Quote from: Doktor Howl on May 05, 2010, 04:56:20 AM

It's between Trip and Trip.  I don't know what his problem is, and I can't tell him how to behave or what to think.  Until and unless he gets his shit together, I have to treat him as an adversary.  I don't plan to go out of my way to do so, but I'm not going to let him shit on me, either.

Discordia has ALWAYS had DISCORD.  It's part of the whole deal.  So is fluff.  So is kick-ass ranting and pranks.

It all goes together.  Kill one part of it, and the whole damn thing starts to fall apart.  Shit hasn't been right around here since the big crusade to end the fluff a month or so back.  It's been one long goddamn drama fest ever since then, or people whimpering about the drama like it's something fucking new, and people I used to RESPECT (like Paes) wimping the fuck out and buggering off because someone spilled some icky drama on the HEM OF THEIR FUCKING SKIRTS.

These silly bastards don't know chaos.  They get a look at it, and they run away like shrieking little girls.

Fuck that noise. 

The whole thing is a reflection of a state of mind.  I said in the OP that Discordia is a structure fleeting in shape that can never be completed.  So is a world view.

I've seen it said before of pd.com that it's a relief to come here, a means of release or of identification with others.  I've heard it calms troubled thoughts.  It can for me, on occasion.  It's not like this because it's a peaceful place, some picture of tranquility.  This is a place where the head can be in the reality that truly is - chaos.  That's the familiarity, that's the draw.  Sometimes it's the only thing that makes goddamn sense.
Quote from: Pippa Twiddleton on December 22, 2012, 01:06:36 AM
EoC, you are the bane of my existence.

Quote from: The Good Reverend Roger on March 07, 2014, 01:18:23 AM
EoC doesn't make creepy.

EoC makes creepy worse.

the afflicted persons get hold of and consume carrots even in socially quite unacceptable situations.

Placid Dingo

When I read it the big thing that came to me was the idea that 'battling the greyface' is really a way to express the struggle againt the suffocation of seriousless and blandness that we largely uncvonciously subject ourselves to.

However, instead of this kind of recognition that we're fighting a battle in our own heads, for the freedom of our own mind, there seems to be this idea that there in fact is an 'enemy greyface', not in your head but 'out there'. And if we can work out what he is (the politicians, institutions, schools, corporations, neocons etc) we can make war with it.

I'm all for fighting windmills, as long as we don't forget they're windmills.

Anyway, the whole part of the thingy talking about inventing enemies, kind of tied in with this idea set that I've had floating around for a bit.
Haven't paid rent since 2014 with ONE WEIRD TRICK.

MMIX

Quote from: Placid Dingo on May 05, 2010, 10:58:43 AM
When I read it the big thing that came to me was the idea that 'battling the greyface' is really a way to express the struggle againt the suffocation of seriousless and blandness that we largely uncvonciously subject ourselves to.

However, instead of this kind of recognition that we're fighting a battle in our own heads, for the freedom of our own mind, there seems to be this idea that there in fact is an 'enemy greyface', not in your head but 'out there'. And if we can work out what he is (the politicians, institutions, schools, corporations, neocons etc) we can make war with it.

I'm all for fighting windmills, as long as we don't forget they're windmills.

Anyway, the whole part of the thingy talking about inventing enemies, kind of tied in with this idea set that I've had floating around for a bit.

I'd like to read more about this . . .
"The ultimate hidden truth of the world is that it is something we make and could just as easily make differently" David Graeber

Placid Dingo

Allow me Friday night to spit something out.
Haven't paid rent since 2014 with ONE WEIRD TRICK.