News:

For my part, I've replaced optimism and believing the best of people by default with a grin and the absolute 100% certainty that if they cannot find a pig to fuck, they will buy some bacon and play oinking noises on YouTube.

Main Menu

ImprovEverywhere

Started by trix, November 06, 2011, 06:20:20 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

trix

Anyone heard of these guys?  I've been reading missions they do, which are similar to GASMs, and quite clever and effective.

I sense a lot of inspiration in these people.

My favorite, so far, is Moebius, where they replay a seemingly ordinary sequence of events in a Starbucks, over and over, as if some random people just happen to be caught in a time loop.  Now THAT is a mindfuck.

Also, I like LOOK UP MORE, where they take over a building across from a park and put on an impromptu window performance, surprising a lot of people at the park below.

Seeing a lot of the missions they do is very inspiring, and is a nice kick-in-the-butt to get my cabal a bit more active.
There's good news tonight.  And bad news.  First, the bad news: there is no good news.  Now, the good news: you don't have to listen to the bad news.
Zen Without Zen Masters

Quote from: Cain
Gender is a social construct.  As society, we get to choose your gender.

Mesozoic Mister Nigel

It's like you just got born!
"I'm guessing it was January 2007, a meeting in Bethesda, we got a bag of bees and just started smashing them on the desk," Charles Wick said. "It was very complicated."

rong

Anyone heard of these guys?  I've been reading missions they do, which are similar to GASMs, and quite clever and effective.

My favorite, so far, is Moebius, where they replay a seemingly ordinary sequence of events in a Starbucks, over and over, as if some random people just happen to be caught in a time loop.  Now THAT is a mindfuck.

Also, I like LOOK UP MORE, where they take over a building across from a park and put on an impromptu window performance, surprising a lot of people at the park below.

Seeing a lot of the missions they do is very inspiring, and is a nice kick-in-the-butt to get my cabal a bit more active.
"a real smart feller, he felt smart"

Nephew Twiddleton

Quote from: rong on November 06, 2011, 07:38:14 PM
Anyone heard of these guys?  I've been reading missions they do, which are similar to GASMs, and quite clever and effective.

My favorite, so far, is Moebius, where they replay a seemingly ordinary sequence of events in a Starbucks, over and over, as if some random people just happen to be caught in a time loop.  Now THAT is a mindfuck.

Care to add anything to that other person's thought?

ETA: Or, you know, at least quote it?
Strange and Terrible Organ Laminator of Yesterday's Heavy Scene
Sentence or sentence fragment pending

Soy El Vaquero Peludo de Oro

TIM AM I, PRIMARY OF THE EXTRA-ATMOSPHERIC SIMIANS

Phox

Quote from: Nph. Twid. on November 06, 2011, 07:42:43 PM
Quote from: rong on November 06, 2011, 07:38:14 PM
Anyone heard of these guys?  I've been reading missions they do, which are similar to GASMs, and quite clever and effective.

My favorite, so far, is Moebius, where they replay a seemingly ordinary sequence of events in a Starbucks, over and over, as if some random people just happen to be caught in a time loop.  Now THAT is a mindfuck.

Care to add anything to that other person's thought?

ETA: Or, you know, at least quote it?
Of course not, Twid, it's rong. Since the attention isn't on him with his latest pile of crap, he attempting to find a more annoying way of getting attention. Funny, that.

rong

"a real smart feller, he felt smart"

Don Coyote

Phox

Congratulations, Trix! you aren't the most annoying person ITT. And in regards to ImprovEverywhere, they are interesting, but I believe we've discussed them before.

trix

Quote from: Doktor Phox on November 06, 2011, 07:56:49 PM
Congratulations, Trix! you aren't the most annoying person ITT. And in regards to ImprovEverywhere, they are interesting, but I believe we've discussed them before.

Ah, I should have google site searched pd.com prior to posting.  Ah well, perhaps this thread served to direct someone new to them.

Carry on good people, carry on.
There's good news tonight.  And bad news.  First, the bad news: there is no good news.  Now, the good news: you don't have to listen to the bad news.
Zen Without Zen Masters

Quote from: Cain
Gender is a social construct.  As society, we get to choose your gender.

Mesozoic Mister Nigel

It never hurts to post about cool things you've found. There are a lot of cool things.

In fact, I like you better when you're just unabashedly enthused about something that's new to you rather than presenting the jaded, world-weary facade. Because, you know, basically you're just a naive kid, and naive kids are extremely likable, especially when they're all excited about something cool they've never seen before.

"I'm guessing it was January 2007, a meeting in Bethesda, we got a bag of bees and just started smashing them on the desk," Charles Wick said. "It was very complicated."

Mesozoic Mister Nigel

Plus, I'm trying to think of cool shit you may not have seen.

Cain

Mesozoic Mister Nigel

Mesozoic Mister Nigel

Telarus

Telarus, KSC,
.__.  Keeper of the Contradictory Cephalopod, Zenarchist Swordsman,
(0o)  Tender to the Edible Zen Garden, Ratcheting Metallic Sex Doll of The End Times,
/||\   Episkopos of the Amorphous Dreams Cabal

Join the Doll Underground! Experience the Phantasmagorical Safari!