News:

Oceana has always been at war with Iraq

Main Menu

PICS VIII: 10% LARGER THAN PICS VII

Started by Anna Mae Bollocks, April 12, 2013, 04:16:37 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

LMNO

Quote from: Emo Howard on January 25, 2015, 05:50:35 PM
Are there skinny people on tumblr who self identify as fat who refer to themselves as "trans fat"?

I've got that feeling I get when I'm reinventing a joke everyone else has already heard.

:crankey:

ETA: Never mind. I found it. It's a thing.

:pissed:

Bruno

Formerly something else...

Rococo Modem Basilisk

I'm sure this has a deep symbolic meaning.

I am not "full of hate" as if I were some passive container. I am a generator of hate, and my rage is a renewable resource, like sunshine.

Pæs

That image bothers me in ways I find hard to describe.

First off, it's perfectly transparent about advertising snickers. But, it doesn't even get their ad right.

Second, it implies that (1) a firearm can take confectionery as ammunition, (2) Snickers bars are readily available in a combat zone, (3) gloves are required to handle candy bars, and (4) a damage bonus against enemies with peanut allergies is worth the required skill investment into weapon modification

In other words, the person who initially made it completely failed (on many levels) to comprehend the basic ideas of both weapon modification and candy bar commercials, and yet decided to combine them anyway. Probably, if I posted this rant to him directly, he'd have a hissy fit and complain about how I'm ruining his fun.

I guess what really bothers me is that the world contains people like the one who made that photo and posted it initially without realizing anything was wrong with it.

Cain

Point 2 is surprisingly actually the case.

No joke, frozen Snickers were shipped to Iraq in the first Gulf War.

Doktor Howl

Quote from: Pæs on January 26, 2015, 09:16:09 PM

First off, it's perfectly transparent about advertising snickers. But, it doesn't even get their ad right.

Second, it implies that (1) a firearm can take confectionery as ammunition, (2) Snickers bars are readily available in a combat zone, (3) gloves are required to handle candy bars, and (4) a damage bonus against enemies with peanut allergies is worth the required skill investment into weapon modification

In other words, the person who initially made it completely failed (on many levels) to comprehend the basic ideas of both weapon modification and candy bar commercials, and yet decided to combine them anyway. Probably, if I posted this rant to him directly, he'd have a hissy fit and complain about how I'm ruining his fun.

I guess what really bothers me is that the world contains people like the one who made that photo and posted it initially without realizing anything was wrong with it.

:lulz:
Molon Lube

Eater of Clowns

I'd forgotten about that one.
Quote from: Pippa Twiddleton on December 22, 2012, 01:06:36 AM
EoC, you are the bane of my existence.

Quote from: The Good Reverend Roger on March 07, 2014, 01:18:23 AM
EoC doesn't make creepy.

EoC makes creepy worse.

the afflicted persons get hold of and consume carrots even in socially quite unacceptable situations.

Rococo Modem Basilisk

See, I thought it was something heavy-handed about diabetes.

I am not "full of hate" as if I were some passive container. I am a generator of hate, and my rage is a renewable resource, like sunshine.

Mesozoic Mister Nigel

"I'm guessing it was January 2007, a meeting in Bethesda, we got a bag of bees and just started smashing them on the desk," Charles Wick said. "It was very complicated."

Cain

I know, right?  People treat me like some sort of Nazi, just because I say "I hate all Jews".  Life is so unfair.

Mesozoic Mister Nigel

The thing that worries me most about the Tumblr generation is that many people who hold absurdly extreme views in adolescence eventually come to renounce those views as stupid and childish. I saw it with my generation, for whom apathy, shockjocking, and jadedness were the flavor of the moment, and decided in their 30's that fuckitall maybe sincerity, kindness, and emotional vulnerability are the way to go after all.

So are these little extremists going to completely reject all forms of social justice when they hit 30, and become a completely different kind of sociopath?
"I'm guessing it was January 2007, a meeting in Bethesda, we got a bag of bees and just started smashing them on the desk," Charles Wick said. "It was very complicated."

Cain

I'm already seeing elements of that in the online backlash.  Admittedly, I am certain its because elements of the backlash are being pushed by neofascists and other forms of bigots (there is a surprisingly large white nationalist community on tumblr which no-one pays attention to), but it will be reinforced by the message of "former SJW" "converts" to this sort of thinking.

Mesozoic Mister Nigel

Quote from: Cain on January 30, 2015, 11:30:02 PM
I'm already seeing elements of that in the online backlash.  Admittedly, I am certain its because elements of the backlash are being pushed by neofascists and other forms of bigots (there is a surprisingly large white nationalist community on tumblr which no-one pays attention to), but it will be reinforced by the message of "former SJW" "converts" to this sort of thinking.

Well, the next decade or so isn't going to be boring, that's for sure.

Rococo Modem Basilisk

I feel like the turnaround time for tumblr-style extremism is faster, but also potentially more extreme, because of the intensity and speed of intercommunication.

I fear that neonazis will be to 2010 what jesus freaks were to 1970.

Ben Shapiro

Roger, and Me are building a machine to herd all Social Justice Warriors into a grinding machine to power the earth for one whole week. It will be powered by professional privilege checking and slackivism. Hopefully there's a Nobel Peace Prize for being a dick. Something like the little Hitler award.