News:

CAN'T A BROTHER GET A LITTLE PEACE?

Main Menu

Rev Roger, flyer #6

Started by The Good Reverend Roger, June 12, 2006, 11:11:58 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

The Good Reverend Roger

TELL YOURSELF EVERYTHING'S FINE.
Written in the spirit by The Good Reverend Roger.

Relax.  Everything is gonna be okay.  At least that's what you tell yourselves, while pretending that the alarm klaxons and red warning lights are just part of your city's "Celebration of Freedom".  You pretend that the groaning noise of the supports giving way is just the sound of the house "settling".

Go ahead...put your head in the sand.  After all, if you can't see them, they can't see you, and that means they can't get you, right?  And who are they?

Look around you.  Creditors call at ungodly hours, the NSA is listening to you phone, the FBI is reading your mail, CEOs are selling your future, and politicians are lining up to feed your children to the meatgrinder in Iraq.

I can hear you now..."But they aren't after me", you whine, "I pay my taxes!  I am a good citizen!".  Well, of course they aren't out to get you, because you've been had all along.  You've been miserable so long that you can't even feel the hook in your mouth, because it's completely surrounded with scar tissue.  Odds are, you don't even remember what it's like to actually feel good!

So wake the hell up, jackass!  It turns out that your "American Dream" really consists of you sitting on the couch watching the latest "reality teevee" show, in a cold sweat, while you ponder your bone crushing level of debt.  Your kids despise you, and will never know that you used to be cool!  WAKE UP!  Get off that damned couch!  Kill that teevee!  Blow a hole right through the life-stealing thing!  Get your spouse and your kids, and go do something that doesn't involve television or drinking!  Go bowling, or play ball, or just go to the friggin' museum!

FOR GOD'S SAKE, RUN WHILE YOU STILL HAVE LEGS!

AAAAAAIIIIIIIIEEEEEEEEEEEEE!

Or Kill Me.
" It's just that Depeche Mode were a bunch of optimistic loveburgers."
- TGRR, shaming himself forever, 7/8/2017

"Billy, when I say that ethics is our number one priority and safety is also our number one priority, you should take that to mean exactly what I said. Also quality. That's our number one priority as well. Don't look at me that way, you're in the corporate world now and this is how it works."
- TGRR, raising the bar at work.

Proxy

Quote from: The Good Reverend Roger

Thumbs up.

The Good Reverend Roger

Quote from: Proxy

Thumbs up.

Cain (I think) found that written on a sidewalk.  It was too good not to steal. :lol:

"Billy, when I say that ethics is our number one priority and safety is also our number one priority, you should take that to mean exactly what I said. Also quality. That's our number one priority as well. Don't look at me that way, you're in the corporate world now and this is how it works."

Baron Von Stevenstein

Floppy-ear'd Order of the Cthulhu
(\ /)
(0.o)
(>D)>=I====>

Proxy

Thumbs up.

Cain (I think) found that written on a sidewalk.  It was too good not to steal. :lol:

Twas me, was glad to see you made good use of the phrase. :)

The Good Reverend Roger

Thumbs up.

Twas me, was glad to see you made good use of the phrase. :)

My apologies.  I couldn't remember who it was.

And I HAVE been making use of it.  Thank you for the phrase, and thank 3M for paintsticks. :lol:

Cain

Yeah, that was me.  Whenever I have chalk and no-one watching me I now write that on the pavement myself.  Its amusing enough. 8)