News:

Your political affiliations, your brand loyalties, and your opinions are all quicker, easier, and contain no user-serviceable parts.

Main Menu

The Barstool Experiment

Started by LHX, June 13, 2006, 05:31:36 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

LHX

Can somebody provide a rundown of this again?

It keeps coming up, but I cannot remember the specifics.

Maybe somebody should pin up a summary of the Barstool Experiment as well - for future reference.
neat hell

LMNO

Clumsily put, Let's say we were in a bar, having a few pints, and talking about the nature of Universe.

You point out that most of what we consider "matter" is made up of empty space; the distance between a nucleus, it's electrons, and the nearest adjacent atom is comparatively large; why, that barstool over there shouldn't even be considered a solid!

I respond by saying that as far as we can actually prove, that barstool might simply be a hallucination, for we're not actually seeing the barstool, we're processing electric signals in our heads generated by our optic nevrves that claim certain wavelengths of ligh have bounced off an object, but none of that says anything about whether or not the barstool actually exists.

Then ECH comes along, picks up the barstool, and proceeds to beat the shit out of us with it for being such pretentious assholes.

LHX

I really think this should be pinned.

Or possibly be the catalyst behind Discordia Revisited Advanced Course.
neat hell

LMNO

The problem I have with it is that it isn't much fun.

LMNO
-Likes playing intellectual head games.

Proxy

Triple Zero

Quote from: LMNOThe problem I have with it is that it isn't much fun.
not much fun? wouldn't a short story like this be just what we want for the upcoming lollercaust pamphlet B thing?

i mean, it's even got a good solid (omg pun) punchline.
Ex-Soviet Bloc Sexual Attack Swede of Tomorrow™
e-prime disclaimer: let it seem fairly unclear I understand the apparent subjectivity of the above statements. maybe.

INFORMATION SO POWERFUL, YOU ACTUALLY NEED LESS.

LMNO

True.

It could probably use some punching up (OMGWTFBBQPUN!).

I also think Enricos Sacred Bull could go in.

What about it?  who's got some Lail to contribute?

B_M_W

Quote from: LMNOTrue.

I agree with the Sacred Bull.

Where the hell is that retired dictator anway?
One by one, we break the sheep from their Iron Bar Prisons and expand their imaginations, make them think for themselves. In turn, they break more from their prisons. Eventually, critical mass is reached. Our key word: Resolve. Evangelize with compassion and determination. And realize that there will be few in the beginning. We are hand picking our successors. They are the future of Discordianism. Let us guide our future with intelligence.

--Reverse Brainwashing: A Guide http://www.principiadiscordia.com/forum/index.php?topic=9801.0

6.5 billion Buddhas walking around.

99.xxxxxxx% forgot they are Buddha.

LMNO

I dunno.  I miss that glorious faggot.

Triple Zero

Quote from: LMNOI also think Enricos Sacred Bull could go in.

the sacred bull story was awesome.

i'll see if i can come up with anything, making up lail is at least more up my alley than writing down political angsty stuff (but i dont promise anything)

for the simple reason that you don't need to be believed for the first one to be successful :)

how heavy should we go on the inside-jokes btw?

- zero because they're n00bs?
- just a teensy bit of self-lailage?
- or medium chunks of injokes for great teasing and tickling "i want to be part of this to get this"

what would be the right way to capture (or just affect?) the humour receptive part of our audience?
Ex-Soviet Bloc Sexual Attack Swede of Tomorrow™
e-prime disclaimer: let it seem fairly unclear I understand the apparent subjectivity of the above statements. maybe.

INFORMATION SO POWERFUL, YOU ACTUALLY NEED LESS.

LMNO

a LITTLE OF EVERYTHING, i WOULD THINK.

East Coast Hustle

I'm not all that good at writing stuff that's intentionally funny, but I think the "Dinnertime in Little Saigon" story might fit the bill, and you're more than welcome to use it.
Rabid Colostomy Hole Jammer of the Coming Apocalypse™

The Devil is in the details; God is in the nuance.

Some yahoo yelled at me, saying 'GIVE ME LIBERTY OR GIVE ME DEATH', and I thought, "I'm feeling generous today.  Why not BOTH?"

Michal

The weird logic bit was funny as hell.

Know Jesus, know peace.
No Jesus, no peace.

In Biblical terms, to "know" someone meant "to be sexually intimate with them".

To me, peace is sleep or something equally boring.

Therefore, sex with Jesus is boring.
-----------------------------------------------------------------

I saw this a while back in Apple Talk, but I'm too lazy to go thread-diving to quote it. Anyway, I think it appeals to the people with the sense of humor we're looking for.

And yeah, the bit about the Sacred Bull is a "must".
Reverend-Saint Michal, KSC
Psychotik Lobster Cabal
Guardian of the Eternal Loogie
Sporadic Asshat, Minor Annoyance

Quote from: The Good Reverend RogerFreedom is something you seize.  And you give the people you're seizing it from a fucking rupture.

Shibboleet The Annihilator

Gimmie a bit to warm up...

Seriously though, that'd be fucking awesome.

Shibboleet The Annihilator

Quote from: Machine Grind Dream

Gimmie a bit to warm up...

Seriously though, that'd be fucking awesome.

Actually, now that I think about it, adding anything to that would just fuck it up.

Short, sweet, and to the point. I say leave it as is.

As far as the Barstool Experiment goes.

As far as straight up lail goes I'll try to get ahold of BGP or, failing that, see if I can pull something funny out of my ass.