News:

PD.COM:  Mindlessly hitting the refresh button for weeks on end.

Main Menu

The Barstool Experiment

Started by LHX, June 13, 2006, 05:31:36 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

barumunk

Quote from: President Bush on April 22, 2008, 12:10:15 PM
Wow! You fags are still here? Maybe you should get off your ass and put some thought into something meaningful instead of a stupid kiddie message board. You're all pawns in the game of life, no matter how much you think about it. You're still retarded no matter how big your words are. You're still missing the point.

There is still time to accept Jesus Christ, he is the only one that can fill the enormous void in your life. He is the definite answer you've been wasting your life looking for.  He will save your soul and ease your mind.  I too am a mere, flawed mortal. I can only hope others would try to reach me in times of need. This might be your last chance to save your eternity.

point taken, but as you pointed out (see above) thats where you differ from us. Mwhahahahahahaha  :evil:

"For it is with the mysteries of our religion, as with wholesome pills for the sick, which swallowed whole, have the virtue to cure; but chewed, are for the most part cast up again without effect." Thomas Hobbes

I was always taught to chew everything before i swallow.

AFK

Don't bother, someone seems to have a blind agenda, reasoning with this person will be like carrying on a conversation with a turnip. 
Cynicism is a blank check for failure.

the dreadful hours

barumunk

ah i see  :|

cant one of the mods "mod" him if he's just spamming all the threads

"For it is with the mysteries of our religion, as with wholesome pills for the sick, which swallowed whole, have the virtue to cure; but chewed, are for the most part cast up again without effect." Thomas Hobbes

I was always taught to chew everything before i swallow.

rong

Quote from: Rev. What's-His-Name? on April 22, 2008, 01:03:36 PM
Don't bother, someone seems to have a blind agenda, reasoning with this person will be like carrying on a conversation with a turnip. 

who's to say there's not some turnips with really good ideas?
"a real smart feller, he felt smart"

LMNO

Triple Zero

Quote from: rong on April 23, 2008, 10:15:09 AM
Quote from: Rev. What's-His-Name? on April 22, 2008, 01:03:36 PMDon't bother, someone seems to have a blind agenda, reasoning with this person will be like carrying on a conversation with a turnip.

who's to say there's not some turnips with really good ideas?

irrelevant.

it was the entire point of the simile.

were you trying to be funny? this is not allowed.
Ex-Soviet Bloc Sexual Attack Swede of Tomorrow™
e-prime disclaimer: let it seem fairly unclear I understand the apparent subjectivity of the above statements. maybe.

INFORMATION SO POWERFUL, YOU ACTUALLY NEED LESS.

rong

Quote from: triple zero on April 23, 2008, 02:24:56 PM
were you trying to be funny? this is not allowed.

what's not allowed? being funny? or trying to be funny?
"a real smart feller, he felt smart"

AFK

Maria

Quote from: LMNO on June 13, 2006, 05:38:30 PM
Clumsily put, Let's say we were in a bar, having a few pints, and talking about the nature of Universe.

You point out that most of what we consider "matter" is made up of empty space; the distance between a nucleus, it's electrons, and the nearest adjacent atom is comparatively large; why, that barstool over there shouldn't even be considered a solid!

I respond by saying that as far as we can actually prove, that barstool might simply be a hallucination, for we're not actually seeing the barstool, we're processing electric signals in our heads generated by our optic nevrves that claim certain wavelengths of ligh have bounced off an object, but none of that says anything about whether or not the barstool actually exists.

Then ECH comes along, picks up the barstool, and proceeds to beat the shit out of us with it for being such pretentious assholes.

I like this.

LMNO

Quote from: Maria on June 16, 2008, 12:24:39 AM
Quote from: LMNO on June 13, 2006, 05:38:30 PM
Clumsily put, Let's say we were in a bar, having a few pints, and talking about the nature of Universe.

You point out that most of what we consider "matter" is made up of empty space; the distance between a nucleus, it's electrons, and the nearest adjacent atom is comparatively large; why, that barstool over there shouldn't even be considered a solid!

I respond by saying that as far as we can actually prove, that barstool might simply be a hallucination, for we're not actually seeing the barstool, we're processing electric signals in our heads generated by our optic nevrves that claim certain wavelengths of ligh have bounced off an object, but none of that says anything about whether or not the barstool actually exists.

Then ECH comes along, picks up the barstool, and proceeds to beat the shit out of us with it for being such pretentious assholes.

I like this.

From all accounts, you seem like someone who would instinctively "get" this.

Payne

Quote from: revidc on September 05, 2008, 07:03:20 AM
& there was I wondering why Dr. Payne slapped me about with a barstool . . .  :lol:

That was nothing to do with The Barstool Experiment. That was just violence for the sake of it.

wlfjstr

Maybe if we put the barstool in a faulty incinerator and tried to determine if it got burned up or not?

hooplala

Are you mixing up the barstool with Schrodinger's Cat?
"Soon all of us will have special names" — Professor Brian O'Blivion

"Now's not the time to get silly, so wear your big boots and jump on the garbage clowns." — Bob Dylan?

"Do I contradict myself?
Very well then I contradict myself,
(I am large, I contain multitudes.)"
— Walt Whitman

AFK

Quote from: wlfjstr on September 17, 2008, 04:29:28 AM
Maybe if we put the barstool in a faulty incinerator and tried to determine if it got burned up or not?

Now where is the senseless violence in that?