Main Menu

The Barstool Experiment

Started by LHX, June 13, 2006, 05:31:36 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Jasper

The Good Reverend Roger

" It's just that Depeche Mode were a bunch of optimistic loveburgers."
- TGRR, shaming himself forever, 7/8/2017

"Billy, when I say that ethics is our number one priority and safety is also our number one priority, you should take that to mean exactly what I said. Also quality. That's our number one priority as well. Don't look at me that way, you're in the corporate world now and this is how it works."
- TGRR, raising the bar at work.

Jasper

Don't smile at me like that, it bothers me. :?

The Good Reverend Roger

Quote from: Felix on June 11, 2007, 05:15:35 AM
Don't smile at me like that, it bothers me. :?

Yeah, that gif IS kinda fucking creepy.
" It's just that Depeche Mode were a bunch of optimistic loveburgers."
- TGRR, shaming himself forever, 7/8/2017

"Billy, when I say that ethics is our number one priority and safety is also our number one priority, you should take that to mean exactly what I said. Also quality. That's our number one priority as well. Don't look at me that way, you're in the corporate world now and this is how it works."
- TGRR, raising the bar at work.

fast speed

has any of you ever been hit with a barstool whilst having a solopsist conversation?

LMNO

No, but I have gotten stomped by a steel-toed boot while being a snobby intellectual.

Does that count?

Cain

Quote from: fast speed on June 11, 2007, 12:20:43 PM
has any of you ever been hit with a barstool whilst having a solopsist conversation?

No.  I was holding the barstool.

LMNO

You wouldn't have been wearing steel-toed boots, would you?

Cain

No.

My toe-caps are hidden in my trainers.  Aluminium too, so they don't weigh as much and I can run away quickly afterwards.

Discord

Quote from: Cain on June 11, 2007, 03:44:42 PM
No.

My toe-caps are hidden in my trainers.  Aluminium too, so they don't weigh as much and I can run away quickly afterwards.

Cain,
is the one who does the thinking.

Cain

:thanks:

I think I saw trainers like those linked on here, actually.  Ages ago.  I was like "fuck yeah, getting me some of those".

Mainly because when I saw them, I was still doing bo staff practice and mine was extra long and kept stubbing my feet.  :cry:

Wrecked Fred

Quote from: LMNO on June 13, 2006, 05:38:30 PM
Clumsily put, Let's say we were in a bar, having a few pints, and talking about the nature of Universe.

You point out that most of what we consider "matter" is made up of empty space; the distance between a nucleus, it's electrons, and the nearest adjacent atom is comparatively large; why, that barstool over there shouldn't even be considered a solid!

I respond by saying that as far as we can actually prove, that barstool might simply be a hallucination, for we're not actually seeing the barstool, we're processing electric signals in our heads generated by our optic nevrves that claim certain wavelengths of ligh have bounced off an object, but none of that says anything about whether or not the barstool actually exists.

Then ECH comes along, picks up the barstool, and proceeds to beat the shit out of us with it for being such pretentious assholes.

That's the real thing, right there.  It beats the hell out of that esoteric crap down in the Black Iron Prison.
Fear is your only God.

LMNO

Heh.  Would it surprise you to know that most people around here embrace both?

Wrecked Fred

Quote from: LMNO on June 20, 2007, 06:17:39 PM
Heh.  Would it surprise you to know that most people around here embrace both?

Not really, sir.  Very little surprises me anymore.

Fear is your only God.

That One Guy

The barstool experiment in action - from the Past! (March 30, 1906 according to the site)

Check out the rest of the cartoons from this series there. It's like TGRR found a time machine and became the inspiration for a cartoon.
People of the United States! We are Unitarian Jihad! We can strike without warning. Pockets of reasonableness and harmony will appear as if from nowhere! Nice people will run the government again! There will be coffee and cookies in the Gandhi Room after the revolution.

Arguing with a Unitarian Universalist is like mud wrestling a pig. Pretty soon you realize the pig likes it.