News:

PD.Com: Pretention in a can.

Main Menu

The Barstool Experiment

Started by LHX, June 13, 2006, 05:31:36 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

hooplala

No, at least that wasn't my intention.

My point was you can always get more pedantic, if you truly want to.  It's just a matter of how worthwhile you think being that pedantic will be.

Sure, oranges probably don't have any colour, but for all intents and purposes they appear orange to most of our eyes, so STFU.

That was what I was trying to get across.
"Soon all of us will have special names" — Professor Brian O'Blivion

"Now's not the time to get silly, so wear your big boots and jump on the garbage clowns." — Bob Dylan?

"Do I contradict myself?
Very well then I contradict myself,
(I am large, I contain multitudes.)"
— Walt Whitman

hooplala

Although, after some reflection . . . maybe it is sophistry after all . . .

Perhaps my point wasn't as well thought out as I had originally thought . . .  :cry:

"Now's not the time to get silly, so wear your big boots and jump on the garbage clowns." — Bob Dylan?

"Do I contradict myself?
— Walt Whitman

Bebek Sincap Ratatosk

You mean the intent of the Barstool isn't to smack sophist thought? I had assumed that was the basic point of the whole thing...

:eek:
- I don't see race. I just see cars going around in a circle.

"Back in my day, crazy meant something. Now everyone is crazy" - Charlie Manson

hooplala

I think LMNO was accusing me of sophistry.

"Do I contradict myself?
— Walt Whitman

Bebek Sincap Ratatosk

Quote from: Hoopla on February 21, 2008, 07:38:20 PM
I think LMNO was accusing me of sophistry.

Nah, he just likes to use big words. ;-)
- I don't see race. I just see cars going around in a circle.

"Back in my day, crazy meant something. Now everyone is crazy" - Charlie Manson

hooplala

"Do I contradict myself?
— Walt Whitman

LMNO

hooplala

"Do I contradict myself?
— Walt Whitman

LMNO

hooplala

"Do I contradict myself?
— Walt Whitman

LMNO

barumunk

Quote from: LMNO on February 19, 2008, 01:30:15 PM
So Hoops, are you saying that the entire Barstool Experiment can be summed up as Sophistry?

um would that be the derogatory term or the philosophical line of thought  :wink:
or just maybe a deliberate pun.... that would be be outta character tho :D

"For it is with the mysteries of our religion, as with wholesome pills for the sick, which swallowed whole, have the virtue to cure; but chewed, are for the most part cast up again without effect." Thomas Hobbes

I was always taught to chew everything before i swallow.

President Bush

Wow! You fags are still here? Maybe you should get off your ass and put some thought into something meaningful instead of a stupid kiddie message board. You're all pawns in the game of life, no matter how much you think about it. You're still retarded no matter how big your words are. You're still missing the point.

"What I am against is quotas. I am against hard quotas, quotas they basically delineate based upon whatever. However they delineate, quotas, I think vulcanize society. So I don't know how that fits into what everybody else is saying, their relative positions, but that's my position.'' —George W. Bush, as quoted by Molly Ivins, the San Francisco Chronicle, Jan. 21, 2000

"God loves you, and I love you. And you can count on both of us as a powerful message that people who wonder about their future can hear."—Los Angeles, Calif., March 3, 2004

President Bush

Wow! You fags are still here? Maybe you should get off your ass and put some thought into something meaningful instead of a stupid kiddie message board. You're all pawns in the game of life, no matter how much you think about it. You're still retarded no matter how big your words are. You're still missing the point.

There is still time to accept Jesus Christ, he is the only one that can fill the enormous void in your life. He is the definite answer you've been wasting your life looking for.  He will save your soul and ease your mind.  I too am a mere, flawed mortal. I can only hope others would try to reach me in times of need. This might be your last chance to save your eternity.

"What I am against is quotas. I am against hard quotas, quotas they basically delineate based upon whatever. However they delineate, quotas, I think vulcanize society. So I don't know how that fits into what everybody else is saying, their relative positions, but that's my position.'' —George W. Bush, as quoted by Molly Ivins, the San Francisco Chronicle, Jan. 21, 2000

"God loves you, and I love you. And you can count on both of us as a powerful message that people who wonder about their future can hear."—Los Angeles, Calif., March 3, 2004

fast speed