News:

It's a bad decade to be bipedal, soft and unarmed.

Main Menu

The Barstool Experiment

Started by LHX, June 13, 2006, 05:31:36 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

the last yatto

Look, asshole:  Your 'incomprehensible' act, your word-salad, your pinealism...It BORES ME.  I've been incomprehensible for so long, I TEACH IT TO MBA CANDIDATES.  So if you simply MUST talk about your pineal gland or happy children dancing in the wildflowers, go talk to Roger, because he digs that kind of shit

Bebek Sincap Ratatosk

Quote from: GA on January 17, 2009, 05:04:47 AM
Quote from: Ratatosk on January 16, 2009, 05:33:02 PM
Quote from: LMNO on January 16, 2009, 12:49:16 PM
::hits the "restart" button::

Quote from: LMNO on June 13, 2006, 05:38:30 PM
Clumsily put, Let's say we were in a bar, having a few pints, and talking about the nature of Universe.

You point out that most of what we consider "matter" is made up of empty space; the distance between a nucleus, it's electrons, and the nearest adjacent atom is comparatively large; why, that barstool over there shouldn't even be considered a solid!

I respond by saying that as far as we can actually prove, that barstool might simply be a hallucination, for we're not actually seeing the barstool, we're processing electric signals in our heads generated by our optic nevrves that claim certain wavelengths of ligh have bounced off an object, but none of that says anything about whether or not the barstool actually exists.

Then ECH comes along, picks up the barstool, and proceeds to beat the shit out of us with it for being such pretentious assholes.

Then, of course, ECH goes to jail for putting LMNO in the hospital and you in a coma for the rest of your life....

LMNO and Ratatosk get into a heated argument over whether it is possible to escape from said jail, or if one will always (in some sense) remain in jail.

I claim InnoSense. I agree with the barstool metaphor... I just thought it was funny to take it to the obvious conclusion. Unlike traditional Zen, where the beatings are reserved for those voluntarily seeking enlightenment, we Discordians may tend towards assault. ;-)
- I don't see race. I just see cars going around in a circle.

"Back in my day, crazy meant something. Now everyone is crazy" - Charlie Manson

I_Kicked_Kennedy

If I had a million dollars, I'd put it all in a sensible mutual fund.

the last yatto

Look, asshole:  Your 'incomprehensible' act, your word-salad, your pinealism...It BORES ME.  I've been incomprehensible for so long, I TEACH IT TO MBA CANDIDATES.  So if you simply MUST talk about your pineal gland or happy children dancing in the wildflowers, go talk to Roger, because he digs that kind of shit

The Good Reverend Roger

" It's just that Depeche Mode were a bunch of optimistic loveburgers."
- TGRR, shaming himself forever, 7/8/2017

"Billy, when I say that ethics is our number one priority and safety is also our number one priority, you should take that to mean exactly what I said. Also quality. That's our number one priority as well. Don't look at me that way, you're in the corporate world now and this is how it works."
- TGRR, raising the bar at work.

minuspace

Acid House meets Prisinors Dillema

AFK

Full House meets Speak n Spell
Cynicism is a blank check for failure.

LMNO

House meets Yo Gabba Gabba.

minuspace

minuspace

all monikers aside, who has time to digest all?

1) Non-Linear thought -response -
    please evaluate relevance so i can tune w/ friggin friction capish ?

think of me as a pig, cured and weaponized and tired of flies in the market...

:fnord:+1
"Of the question of Reality [faggots, listen], the one which comes first in order
is the ontological question of what "Reality" signifies in general [you fucking trog-
lodytes]"

The problem is that you ask these questions in the first place...

tell me when your ready, and be good or cross me
(this hurts me more than it does you)

The Good Reverend Roger

Quote from: minuspace on May 14, 2009, 04:56:55 AM

"Of the question of Reality [faggots, listen], the one which comes first in order
is the ontological question of what "Reality" signifies in general [you fucking trog-
lodytes]"

Goddammit.  We just got rid of the last batch of pinealist fuckwads.  We aren't DUE yet.  Go away, come back in 3 months.
" It's just that Depeche Mode were a bunch of optimistic loveburgers."
- TGRR, shaming himself forever, 7/8/2017

"Billy, when I say that ethics is our number one priority and safety is also our number one priority, you should take that to mean exactly what I said. Also quality. That's our number one priority as well. Don't look at me that way, you're in the corporate world now and this is how it works."
- TGRR, raising the bar at work.

minuspace

my pleasure, services rendered in full

bds

Quote from: minuspace on May 14, 2009, 04:56:55 AM

lodytes]"

... Why is it that pinealists can't type using standard formatting? Are they just too outlandish for legible, ordinary internet speak?

AFK

The thing is, it is quite possible to convey messages and be somewhat unconventional in formatting and approach.  See LHX. 

Cynicism is a blank check for failure.

LMNO

Quote from: The Borderline Simpleton on May 14, 2009, 03:02:19 PM

... Why is it that pinealists can't type using standard formatting? Are they just too outlandish for legible, ordinary internet speak?

YUO GREYFACE!
  \
:hashishim: