News:

I know you said that you wouldn't tolerate excuses, but I have a real good one.

Main Menu

The Barstool Experiment

Started by LHX, June 13, 2006, 05:31:36 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

bds

Quote from: Rev. What's-His-Name? on May 14, 2009, 03:08:00 PM
The thing is, it is quite possible to convey messages and be somewhat unconventional in formatting and approach.  See LHX. 

This is true. And LHX's writings make a surprisingly good breath of fresh air. I wouldn't want everyone typing like that though - my brain would get all confused.

Template

Quote from: minuspace on May 14, 2009, 04:56:55 AM
tell me when your ready, and be good or cross me
(this hurts me more than it does you)

minus+space

minuspace

Mesozoic Mister Nigel

"I'm guessing it was January 2007, a meeting in Bethesda, we got a bag of bees and just started smashing them on the desk," Charles Wick said. "It was very complicated."

minuspace

BabylonHoruv

Quote from: Rev. What's-His-Name? on May 24, 2007, 06:10:21 PM
Quote from: SillyCybin on May 24, 2007, 06:03:38 PM
Quote from: Rev. What's-His-Name? on May 24, 2007, 02:21:11 PM
How about the ocean deeps?  I think it's safe to say there is no humanity down there, cept for the occassional National Geographic submarine.  There's a certain reality, or "bits of stuff" that have, I assume, been existing without our presence.  Perhaps if we weren't around it would be different, in fact I'm sure it would be somehow.  But it would still "be" in some fashion wouldn't it?

Logic and almost every other rule you could apply, dictates that it does but I'd bet even science would be reluctant to call this an irrefutable fact because the bottom line is - we can't prove it.

It's an extension of BIP the way I see it, that and a bit of matrix flung in, that reality is actually projected by us and only exists in a bubble, around the observer. Yes, I agree, this is a patently ridiculous hypothesis but it is one, nonetheless that we can't completely rule out.

If you want to fuck your head in with metaphysics then, take it from someone who has, this kind of paradigm is exactly the kind of thing that will do it for you.

So you're saying that it's possible the ocean floor may only exist when we are actually there?
So, by this logic, it's possible to jump from a mile high cliff and walk away without a scratch. 

I used to date a girl who claims to have done this.  Well, actually she got a scratch, but she didn't go splat.
You're a special case, Babylon.  You are offensive even when you don't post.

Merely by being alive, you make everyone just a little more miserable

-Dok Howl

The Good Reverend Roger

Quote from: BabylonHoruv on June 09, 2009, 02:33:47 AM
Quote from: Rev. What's-His-Name? on May 24, 2007, 06:10:21 PM
Quote from: SillyCybin on May 24, 2007, 06:03:38 PM
Quote from: Rev. What's-His-Name? on May 24, 2007, 02:21:11 PM
How about the ocean deeps?  I think it's safe to say there is no humanity down there, cept for the occassional National Geographic submarine.  There's a certain reality, or "bits of stuff" that have, I assume, been existing without our presence.  Perhaps if we weren't around it would be different, in fact I'm sure it would be somehow.  But it would still "be" in some fashion wouldn't it?

Logic and almost every other rule you could apply, dictates that it does but I'd bet even science would be reluctant to call this an irrefutable fact because the bottom line is - we can't prove it.

It's an extension of BIP the way I see it, that and a bit of matrix flung in, that reality is actually projected by us and only exists in a bubble, around the observer. Yes, I agree, this is a patently ridiculous hypothesis but it is one, nonetheless that we can't completely rule out.

If you want to fuck your head in with metaphysics then, take it from someone who has, this kind of paradigm is exactly the kind of thing that will do it for you.

So you're saying that it's possible the ocean floor may only exist when we are actually there?
So, by this logic, it's possible to jump from a mile high cliff and walk away without a scratch. 

I used to date a girl who claims to have done this.  Well, actually she got a scratch, but she didn't go splat.

I used to date a girl who claimed that aliens abducted her.

PROTIP:  Generally speaking, the more fucked in the head your partner is, the more fun they are. 

TGRR,
DIRTY LITTLE WHORE.
" It's just that Depeche Mode were a bunch of optimistic loveburgers."
- TGRR, shaming himself forever, 7/8/2017

"Billy, when I say that ethics is our number one priority and safety is also our number one priority, you should take that to mean exactly what I said. Also quality. That's our number one priority as well. Don't look at me that way, you're in the corporate world now and this is how it works."
- TGRR, raising the bar at work.

AFK

Until they start going through your mail, throw hot food at you, and try to strangle you. 

Well, unless your David Carradine of course. 
Cynicism is a blank check for failure.

The Good Reverend Roger

Quote from: Rev. What's-His-Name? on June 09, 2009, 05:38:00 PM
Until they start going through your mail, throw hot food at you, and try to strangle you. 

You kids, these days...you don't know how to rock and roll.
" It's just that Depeche Mode were a bunch of optimistic loveburgers."
- TGRR, shaming himself forever, 7/8/2017

"Billy, when I say that ethics is our number one priority and safety is also our number one priority, you should take that to mean exactly what I said. Also quality. That's our number one priority as well. Don't look at me that way, you're in the corporate world now and this is how it works."
- TGRR, raising the bar at work.

the last yatto

Look, asshole:  Your 'incomprehensible' act, your word-salad, your pinealism...It BORES ME.  I've been incomprehensible for so long, I TEACH IT TO MBA CANDIDATES.  So if you simply MUST talk about your pineal gland or happy children dancing in the wildflowers, go talk to Roger, because he digs that kind of shit

Cain

Quote from: The Good Reverend Roger on June 09, 2009, 11:28:00 PM
Quote from: Rev. What's-His-Name? on June 09, 2009, 05:38:00 PM

You kids, these days...you don't know how to rock and roll.

Troof.  I dated a girl who when we first met, she kicked my legs out from under me, elbowed me in the stomach and then attempted to strangle me.

Things got even better after we managed to get each other's names.

Iason Ouabache

You cannot fathom the immensity of the fuck i do not give.
    \
┌( ಠ_ಠ)┘┌( ಠ_ಠ)┘┌( ಠ_ಠ)┘┌( ಠ_ಠ)┘

Kai

If there is magic on this planet, it is contained in water. --Loren Eisley, The Immense Journey

Her Royal Majesty's Chief of Insect Genitalia Dissection
Grand Visser of the Six Legged Class
Chanticleer of the Holometabola Clade Church, Diptera Parish

Requia ☣

Quote from: Iason Ouabache on June 26, 2009, 06:38:42 AM
A slightly different take on the Barstool Experiment.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pLYfH9obFNQ

If people's thoughts are trustworthy why do we have creationists?
Inflatable dolls are not recognized flotation devices.

Bebek Sincap Ratatosk

- I don't see race. I just see cars going around in a circle.

"Back in my day, crazy meant something. Now everyone is crazy" - Charlie Manson