News:

If you really want to hurt your parents, and you don't have the nerve to be a homosexual, the least you can do is go into the arts. But do not use semicolons. They are transvestite hermaphrodites, standing for absolutely nothing. All they do is show you've been to college.

Main Menu

Living the Re-Occurring American Nightmare

Started by AFK, June 22, 2006, 01:54:54 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

AFK

"The faces may change but the outcome remains the same."

What happens when you finally become "enlightened"?  What happens when you have that moment where you awake from your societal slumber?

Do you hear a clarion of trumpets?
--No, that's a siren.  Move along citizen!  Nothing to see here.

Do doves fly about your head?
--Um, yeah, where do you think that bird shit on your collar came from?

Do you see Angels and Bunnies?
--Sure, and they'll give you mediocre head for a Benjamin.

Does the weight on your shoulders disappear?
--Fuck no!  Get back to work.

So why bother?
It's your only chance to survive the way YOU want to survive.  To survive with your true self intact.  To avoid the reprogramming.  Sure, they will still try to herd you in a certain direction, into the corrall where they can keep track of you.  But with your wits about you, there may be a crack to exploit here and there.  Those armed with THEMSELVES have the best chance.  

So, this is a warning to you lurkers and noobs.  Congratulations on finding the PrincipiaDiscordia.  We're glad you enjoyed the book and have found some kinship here.  But you should be aware, this "lifechanging event" isn't going to make it any easier.  You are still in the same Black Iron Prison.  Now is not the time for the sigh of relief.
Cynicism is a blank check for failure.

LMNO

East Coast Hustle

Quote from: Rev. What's-His-Name?Those armed with THEMSELVES have the best chance.

I declare this the best single sentence ever posted at PD.com.
Rabid Colostomy Hole Jammer of the Coming Apocalypse™

The Devil is in the details; God is in the nuance.

Some yahoo yelled at me, saying 'GIVE ME LIBERTY OR GIVE ME DEATH', and I thought, "I'm feeling generous today.  Why not BOTH?"

LHX

Maybe this is the crux of some significant discussion.

What is 'WE', exactly?

How do we use each other with respect?
neat hell

AFK

WE are the people who have come to some realizations.
WE are the people who have experienced an "enlightenment" but, to some respect, are still in the process of "enlightenment"
WE are the people that were already in this particular cell of the Black Iron Prison.
WE are the welcoming committee for those choosing to wander into our cell and partake of our company and any "wisdom" or, perhaps more appropriately "experience" we may possess.

The WE, in my opinion, isn't the sort of WE like, "We are the amazingly wise and prophetic elder Discordians who know everything."  That would be arrogant and not help our efforts.

We are the WE who see the potential in following our own paths and how we hold the keys to the lock that is not a lock.  WE don't have all of the answers but WE do have some of the Questions.  

We're kind of like Exploratory Tour Guides through the Global Park of Life.  And WE aren't taken the path well worn.
Cynicism is a blank check for failure.

LMNO

WE don't know shit.

But at least WE know that.

LHX

The question I was trying to get at is this:

How do WE work together without making the error of depending on one another?

The calamity that plagues all other alliances.

How do we work together without pretending that we are all friends and team mates and that nobody is going fall off point?

What is this 'WE'?

I suggested the 'revolving door' nature of things a couple of weeks ago.

Is that enough?
neat hell

LMNO

Restate common goals. (eg, attract more poeple to Discordia)

Restate common approaches. (eg, pamphlet)

Restate common methods. (eg, writing)

Get off collective asses and proceed with the method.

Collect.

Distill.

Distribute/Disseminate.

LHX

Quote from: LMNORestate common goals. (eg, attract more poeple to Discordia)

Restate common approaches. (eg, pamphlet)

Restate common methods. (eg, writing)

Get off collective asses and proceed with the method.

Collect.

Distill.

Distribute/Disseminate.

The significance of this post should not be underestimated.

Seriously.

Also, the notion of constant refinement might be worth mentioning.
neat hell

The Good Reverend Roger

Quote from: Rev. What's-His-Name?So, this is a warning to you lurkers and noobs.  Congratulations on finding the PrincipiaDiscordia.  We're glad you enjoyed the book and have found some kinship here.  But you should be aware, this "lifechanging event" isn't going to make it any easier.  You are still in the same Black Iron Prison.  Now is not the time for the sigh of relief.

Woot.  But we DO have the best jokes.

Sometimes I laugh until I can't stop screaming.
" It's just that Depeche Mode were a bunch of optimistic loveburgers."
- TGRR, shaming himself forever, 7/8/2017

"Billy, when I say that ethics is our number one priority and safety is also our number one priority, you should take that to mean exactly what I said. Also quality. That's our number one priority as well. Don't look at me that way, you're in the corporate world now and this is how it works."
- TGRR, raising the bar at work.

LMNO

I'm thinking this should be stickied, if our work ever does bear fruit.

Proxy

The Good Reverend Roger

Quote from: LMNOWE don't know shit.

But at least WE know that.

I did not know that.

TGRR,
Knows just enough to be dangerous.

"Billy, when I say that ethics is our number one priority and safety is also our number one priority, you should take that to mean exactly what I said. Also quality. That's our number one priority as well. Don't look at me that way, you're in the corporate world now and this is how it works."

Dutch_Cap

The Good Reverend Roger

Quote from: Dutch_CapWhat is this "knowing" you speak of?

Are you cleared for that?