News:

'sup, my privileged, cishet shitlords?  I'm back from oppressing womyn and PoC.

Main Menu

Rev Roger, Sermon #41: WTF, "Liberals"?

Started by The Good Reverend Roger, June 24, 2006, 01:18:25 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

The Good Reverend Roger

Originally written for MW

Alright, you so-called "liberals", what the HELL do you think you're doing?  Looking around me, the cause of liberalism in this country has devolved into the exact same thing they used to oppose.  Now, stop looking at me that way, because you know it's true.  Yeah, the supposed "conservatives" chew away at our liberties like crazed weasels,  but haven't you been doing the same thing?

Sure you have.  Whether it be gun control, hate speech, or hollering that people shouldn't be praying in school (the exclusionary clause says they can pray anytime they please, remember), you are also attacking the constitution.  Hell, at least the "conservatives" have that hilarious conviction that they're right in all things...YOU, on the other hand, spend far too much time wringing your hands in angsty self-doubt before screwing the other guy.

Liberalism has gone from addressing REAL social injustices - such as civil rights and unfair labor practices - to screeching about nuclear power, or whether enough money is being spent on the plight of cute bunnies being used to test medicine.  And don't even get me STARTED on the anti-semitism creeping out of the fringe left.  Isreal didn't cause our problems, Bobdammit!  WE did.  But, hey, why blame ourselves, when there's a convenient JOO waiting to be blamed, right?

Or maybe you're a little too smart to be dumb and a little too dumb to be smart, and you've avoided the above pitfalls.  Then you might just be part of the segment of the left that is perfectly happy to run right out and shoot themselves in the foot by falling for every stupid trick the opposition pulls.  For example, the memos that trashed Dan Rather were not only forgeries, but they were written by the deputy chairman of the Republican party.  Isn't that a SCREAM?  And that dumbass - and his fans - FELL for it...just like most of the left fell for the Diebold scam...while everyone was looking at the voting machines, Karl Rove was busy putting Gay marriage referendums on the swing state ballots, and giggling his ass off.  You have to hand it to the GOP...they've managed to outsmart the pitiful Dems on every occasion.

Now, the FUNNIEST thing about what passes for liberals today, is that they are completely unable to stay on their message.  First example: The anti-war movement.  Go to an anti-war demonstration, sometime, and count how many banners and signs actually have anything to do with the war.  You'll be lucky to see 25%.  No, the PETA crowd has to pimp their message, and the WTO crowd isn't gonna miss the chance to spread THEIR word, etc,  and to HELL with the original intent of the protest.  Is it any wonder that NOBODY takes these demonstrators seriously?

Second example is my favorite moron, John Kerry.  While even Al Gore had the sense to adhere to Gingrich's Rule (pick 10 issues and talk about NOTHING else), John Kerry went chasing after every hilarious "issue" that Karl Rove and Sean Hannity could dream up over a few beers.  Then, of course, there's always the "Me too!" idiocy.  Liberals have fallen for the meme the GOP has been chanting since 1994:  Be more "moderate" and "reasonable", or people won't elect you.  As a result, Kerry - and the rest of the Dems - spend all their time screaming about how they're just like the GOP, only different.  Given the choice between a republican and a republican, people will vote for the republican every time.

The last thing I want to rant about today is how damn near every liberal in America feels they have to apologize for being liberal...as if it is some kind of disgrace to hold the same views as Ben Franklin, Thomas Jefferson, or James Madison.  Hell, even JAMES CARVILLE now says "progressive", as if "liberal" was some kind of dirty word.  This is EXACTLY why I'm not a democrat; I don't hang out with mealy-mouthed sissies.  The only Democrat with any balls at all is Russ Fiengold, and one biped just isn't enough.

So let me go on record as saying that I'm liberal as hell.  I support the bill of rights in its entirety.  Not only do I SAY what I please, WRITE what I please, and BELIEVE what I please, I'm ARMED, and I actively encourage everyone else to do the same.  I HATE the Bush adminstration for listening in on our phone conversations (my friends and I occasionally blast air horns into the phone, just in case some jackass with earphones on is listening) and reading our mail.  I don't get distracted by peripheral issues like the rights of the three-toed sloth or whether or not some Christian teenager is praying beside his school locker.  The only cause I adhere to is liberty and maybe a little justice, and I've got a finger on one hand up to anyone who decides that this somehow makes me un-American.  The finger on the other hand is for the hippies who think that my disregard for their pet cause disqualifies me as being a liberal.  A PLAGUE ON BOTH OF YOUR HOUSES!

AAAAAAAAAAAAIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE!

Or Kill Me.
" It's just that Depeche Mode were a bunch of optimistic loveburgers."
- TGRR, shaming himself forever, 7/8/2017

"Billy, when I say that ethics is our number one priority and safety is also our number one priority, you should take that to mean exactly what I said. Also quality. That's our number one priority as well. Don't look at me that way, you're in the corporate world now and this is how it works."
- TGRR, raising the bar at work.

Michal

Excellent!

LG,
-Has occasionally "prayed" in public areas just to stir the shit.
Reverend-Saint Michal, KSC
Psychotik Lobster Cabal
Guardian of the Eternal Loogie
Sporadic Asshat, Minor Annoyance

Quote from: The Good Reverend RogerFreedom is something you seize.  And you give the people you're seizing it from a fucking rupture.

AFK

Quote from: The Good Reverend RogerI don't get distracted by peripheral issues like the rights of the three-toed sloth

Haven't they figured out yet that Americans, deep down, don't REALLY care about the environment.  Sure they'll pay lip service to it to impress someone but that's only because it inflates their ego and self-worth.  It's not for a better tomorrow or for our grandchildren.
Cynicism is a blank check for failure.

The Good Reverend Roger

Quote from: Rev. What's-His-Name?
Quote from: The Good Reverend RogerI don't get distracted by peripheral issues like the rights of the three-toed sloth

Haven't they figured out yet that Americans, deep down, don't REALLY care about the environment.  Sure they'll pay lip service to it to impress someone but that's only because it inflates their ego and self-worth.  It's not for a better tomorrow or for our grandchildren.

Meh.  Point is, it doesn't matter, at least not as much as the erosion of our liberty.

The environment may be important, but it CAN be fixed, but not while these bastards are running the show.

Step 1:  Stop the bleeding.

Step 2:  Fix the other shit.

"Billy, when I say that ethics is our number one priority and safety is also our number one priority, you should take that to mean exactly what I said. Also quality. That's our number one priority as well. Don't look at me that way, you're in the corporate world now and this is how it works."

AFK

Step 3: Find someone with a Personality to do it.  And the demented Mr. Dean doesn't count.

The Good Reverend Roger

Quote from: Rev. What's-His-Name?Step 3: Find someone with a Personality to do it.  And the demented Mr. Dean doesn't count.

Which is really too bad.  I liked him more AFTER the scream, you know.

Michal

I'm going to start an awareness program on eutrophication.

LG,
-Damn Yankee who cares about the environment.
Psychotik Lobster Cabal

Quote from: The Good Reverend RogerFreedom is something you seize.  And you give the people you're seizing it from a fucking rupture.

The Good Reverend Roger

Quote from: Lady GodivaI'm going to start an awareness program on eutrophication.

LG,
-Damn Yankee who cares about the environment.

Sooooooomeone's missing the pooooooiiiiint!

TGRR,
Dances off, stage left.

Michal

Yeah, I know... but it needs to be done.
Psychotik Lobster Cabal

AFK

Quote from: The Good Reverend Roger
Quote from: Rev. What's-His-Name?Step 3: Find someone with a Personality to do it.  And the demented Mr. Dean doesn't count.

Anything is better than watching Al Gore's impression of a 2X4.

The Good Reverend Roger

Quote from: The Good Reverend Roger

Anything is better than watching Al Gore's impression of a 2X4.

True.  But you shouldn't poke fun at a guy, just because he was born, tragically, without knees or elbows.

Bush - so far - has been as funny a president as I could ask for.

putz

Ahem.
You really are children here I cant believe it???

deet

I could read stuff like this all day.

For a few days... then I think that I might want to go out and slap some sense in to people, so I try not to read it too often.

Anyhow, good luck with that :)

deet,
makes his time
All walls have two sides.

Cain

Heh, old skool liberalism.  I'm going to go read some reactions over the other side, I think

East Coast Hustle

this is a fucking sweet rant, Roger. I'm almost tempted to go over to MW and read the reactions.
Rabid Colostomy Hole Jammer of the Coming Apocalypse™

The Devil is in the details; God is in the nuance.

Some yahoo yelled at me, saying 'GIVE ME LIBERTY OR GIVE ME DEATH', and I thought, "I'm feeling generous today.  Why not BOTH?"