News:

Christians *have* to sin.
If they don't, it's like Christ died for nothing.

Main Menu

RANT 17: Discordian?

Started by Irreverend Hugh, KSC, November 25, 2003, 03:12:31 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Irreverend Hugh, KSC

Rant 17
Discordian?

?¨I??m worse at what I do best and for this gift I feel blessed.?Æ-Kurt Cobain

Are you going to question the legitimacy of everything, including the idea of your self? Or will you simply settle upon something that inflates your own ego? If you claim to have found the answers to life, the universe, or something like existence, you are lying. The ?´answers?? is nothing but a vague term describing a nostalgia for the times when you were deluded by fantasies of certainty and security. It is nothing but a state of being bewitched by one??s own words. A true adept takes care to not get trapped by spells cast, whether by themselves or by others. Chaos is the mother of both the eristic and the aneristic??which is another way of saying that you are both.

The dance of chaos is dangerous only when you forget how to laugh and how to banish with extreme prejudice the mental traps you may fall into. Okay, let me confusedly clarify this more?ñThe dance of chaos is dangerous in many ways, much like physical dancing. And so is doing just about anything that involves getting out of bed. So what? Does that stop you from living? True freedom lies in knowing that what we call freedom is a myth. If you are intelligent and aware enough then that myth is very useful. If you lack intelligence and awareness then you are just a believer in something that others will use to control you. Construct your own myth of freedom. William Blake hit upon this when he said that if you don??t create your own myths to live by, you are a slave to someone else??s myths.

Great Caesar??s Ghost! Because I refuse to accept any inherent sacredness or validity to any myths, don??t sit there and call me a nihilist! Although I might take that to be a compliment. Nihilism is useful in its own ways, as long as I am aware of it being another myth that I can construct for myself. The only reservation I have about nihilism is the fact that most who espouse the idea are boring and dogmatic in their insistence upon it being the only way. The realization of chaos can help one avoid the trap of self-inflicted beliefs in nihilism. And if you are going to call me names, remember that I am one of the Keepers of the Sacred Bitchslap?ñor KSB. And I can use the myth of nihilism to declare you nothing of value to me and thus, be done with you. Whatever I do, I will never be stupid enough to use the myth of nihilism to declare myself nothing of value, although I may be stupid enough for other activities which we won??t get into here.

The Sacred Bitchslap is the cure that this Bush-whacked world needs to expose the false pretenses of order-warring-with-disorder. Every idiot needs a clown. We are both the idiot and the clown?ñdancing chaos in the midst of those who deny it. You can blame Bush or someone or something else for the fucked-up world. The reality is that the world was that way long before Bush or anyone else you can think of got here. If the world wasn??t so tanked on the precepts of order, how could Grayface have ever attracted any followers in the first place? Have you ever thought about that? Don??t answer the first question so quickly.

So you call yourself a Discordian? How stupid. What exactly do you mean by that? And what will you do if I tell you that you are not Discordian??that you are just hiding behind another category, another label? What will you do if I tell you that you simply have Oppositional Defiance Disorder? What will you do if I tell you that you are just swapping one authority for another in your grand membership in the Discordian Society? What if I told you I could give two-shits-pisses-and-barrels-of-industrial-waste about all your pretenses of freedom and enlightenment? Are you just going to sit there and snivel and call me names? Or are you going to tell me where to go? Are you just going to say ?¨Fuck You!?Æ so you don??t have to think for yourself? Or are you going to tell me to fuck off because you do think for yourself? Whatever you do, I am not responsible for it.

Chaos is about disorder and order in a great tantric clusterfucking embrace. If you wish to see one side or the other to the exclusion of all else then your pineal gland needs a slap. Chaos is about getting free, not getting high, although being high is one of the side effects. Order and Disorder are two sides of the same coin. Sometimes it lands on one, sometimes the other. Toss the coin and see which way it lands. Be prepared to be bitchslapped if that coin lands on its edge. The Aftermath, after all is coming. You??ll have nowhere to hide because it will start from inside your mind. But take it easy. As I have said before, the slap only hurts in proportion to how attached you are to your beliefs. You could just as easily be slap-tickled silly.

So?ñyou are Discordian. You dance with chaos. What are you going to do about it?

(Aftermath 34th, 3169 / November 22nd, 2003)
"Time for the tin-foil hats, girls and boys!"

Horab Fibslager

Hell is other people.

The Good Reverend Roger

Quote from: St. Hugh, KSC
So…you are Discordian. You dance with chaos. What are you going to do about it?

What I am I gonna do about it?  Oh, I'll TELL you what I'm gonna do about it...

I'm gonna MAMBO!

" It's just that Depeche Mode were a bunch of optimistic loveburgers."
- TGRR, shaming himself forever, 7/8/2017

"Billy, when I say that ethics is our number one priority and safety is also our number one priority, you should take that to mean exactly what I said. Also quality. That's our number one priority as well. Don't look at me that way, you're in the corporate world now and this is how it works."
- TGRR, raising the bar at work.

Irreverend Hugh, KSC

"Time for the tin-foil hats, girls and boys!"

Slarti

i'm gonna drink some mountain dew! and then go read all of the other new rants you wrote. you've been busy hugh. you are definitely up there with roger and trollax now.

Trollax

Quote from: Slartibartfasti'm gonna drink some mountain dew! and then go read all of the other new rants you wrote. you've been busy hugh. you are definitely up there with roger and trollax now.

Up where with who? Didn't you get that memo I sent about having destroyed the mountain and levelled the guru field? I can tell you the swami's were mighti pissed. Cheers Hugh

Speaking of Mambo...

I am for some reason, remionded of the pest with John Leguziamo... which is an insane movie...

Voodoo mambo, chilli congo...