News:

Testimonial - Well it seems that most of you "discordians" are little more than dupes of the Cathedral/NWO memetic apparatus after all -- "freethinkers" in the sense that you are willing to think slightly outside the designated boxes of correct thought, but not free in the sense that you reject the existence of the boxes and seek their destruction.

Main Menu

Its time to put a rest to these rumours...

Started by Cain, July 06, 2006, 12:35:04 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

LMNO

Quote from: triple zeroso, i pose a new question .. as the barstool experiment tends to 'solve' the new age metaphysics nothing is real hippie stuff .. is there a similar way to cure common paranoia? :)

Concerning the Barstool Experiment, I feel that the lesson to be taken from it isn't that it "solves" metaphysics, but rather that you need to be aware of both the Universe you create in your head, as well as the Universe you are receiving signals from.

Metaphysics can be fun, and they can lead to revelation and epiphany, but don't think that it will feed your family, unless you can get a book deal out of it.

As to your other question, "common" paranoia seems to be generated by insufficient observation combined with self-deception and pessimism.

If you try to Find Out as much as possible about Things, you'll soon find that the "common" paranoia soon vanishes...

...and is replaced by REAL paranoia.

Then again, you can always just realize that 95% of the human race is on self-destruct auto pilot, which tends to make the whole issue moot.

Triple Zero

Quote from: LMNOThen again, you can always just realize that 95% of the human race is on self-destruct auto pilot, which tends to make the whole issue moot.
yea, realizing things about 95% of the human race has the general tendency to make issues moot.

--> when in doubt, realize stuff about 95% of humanity
Ex-Soviet Bloc Sexual Attack Swede of Tomorrow™
e-prime disclaimer: let it seem fairly unclear I understand the apparent subjectivity of the above statements. maybe.

INFORMATION SO POWERFUL, YOU ACTUALLY NEED LESS.

LMNO

Triple Zero

Quote from: LMNOSir, do you mock me?
i mock 95% of humanity -- but not you, really!

actually, yes. i'm in a kind of mocking mood today.

.. but we were off-topic anyway already right?

anyway, i didn't mean the barstool experiment solves metaphysics, that's why i put the quotes there in the first place. but your summary of the conclusion is a good one, puts it in clear perspective.

and paranoia.. well ... let's say that 95% of the paranoid delusions i encounter (in others) are moot issues anyway :)
e-prime disclaimer: let it seem fairly unclear I understand the apparent subjectivity of the above statements. maybe.

LMNO

I think you're mocking me.

LMNO
-common paranoid.

Triple Zero

i'm not mocking you - 95% of humanity is.

LMNO

I knew it.

Those fuckers.  You just can't trust 'em.

Felix

I did a presentation to Dada/Surrealism/Discordia to my high school philosophy class as a final.

Come to think of it, that page of discordian quotes really really got them into it.  I printed off the whole quote list and gave pages of it out at random, they loved it.

I'd suggest it.

PopeLoUDICRUCE

Note to Self::: ReRead The Black Books, read them do you know what that means? Psychopath's Bible read it!::* Babbles inanely about Crawling things*
Train yr brain not to stain yr heart with pain
                                         -PopeLoU-

DOCE NAIDROCSID v1.0
||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||
DAT(HIMOD)Th/p C++ s! a* COMP+ P++ E F+ R* tv+ b+ OM(5) RAW++ DC e+ h--- ys+++ K++
||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||

Cain

BadBeast

Bumped to 2011!  (In case it really does start to make sense)
"We need a plane for Bombing, Strafing, Assault and Battery, Interception, Ground Support, and Reconaissance,
NOT JUST A "FAIR WEATHER FIGHTER"!

"I kinda like him. It's like he sees inside my soul" ~ Nigel

Whoever puts their hand on me to govern me, is a usurper, and a tyrant, and I declare them my enemy!

"And when the clouds obscure the moon, and normal service is resumed. It wont. Mean. A. Thing"
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zpkCJDYxH-4

Rumckle

So, is there a PDF of this somewhere? I feel like this is important information.
It's not trolling, it's just satire.

BadBeast

It's probably far too important to risk by putting in a PDF File. I think the only format safe enough, is to commit all the relevant passages to memory, and then eat your computer just to be on the safe side.
I know I'm a bit over the top as far as security is concerned, but I didn't manage to not get dragged off to Gitmo (twice)
by copying sensitive mahjickal secrets into PDF files.

All joking aside, I really don't have a clue. Try Trip, if he doesn't know, he might know who does..   
"We need a plane for Bombing, Strafing, Assault and Battery, Interception, Ground Support, and Reconaissance,
NOT JUST A "FAIR WEATHER FIGHTER"!

"I kinda like him. It's like he sees inside my soul" ~ Nigel

Whoever puts their hand on me to govern me, is a usurper, and a tyrant, and I declare them my enemy!

"And when the clouds obscure the moon, and normal service is resumed. It wont. Mean. A. Thing"
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zpkCJDYxH-4

Precious Moments Zalgo

Download and install Open Office, paste the text into an OO Writer file, format it how you want it, and export as PDF.
I will answer ANY prayer for $39.95.*

*Unfortunately, I cannot give refunds in the event that the answer is no.

Triple Zero

Quote from: LMNO, PhD on July 10, 2006, 01:29:15 PM
Sir, do you mock me?
Quote from: Triple Zero on July 10, 2006, 02:25:55 PM
Quote from: LMNOSir, do you mock me?
i mock 95% of humanity -- but not you, really!
Quote from: LMNO, PhD on July 10, 2006, 02:31:34 PMI think you're mocking me.

LMNO
-common paranoid.

Still got the feeling someone's mocking you, LMNO?

It might be because I HAVE BEEN DOING EXACTLY THAT, ALL THESE YEARS, QUIETLY BEHIND YOUR BACK

(or maybe that wasn't me, but 95% of humanity)

MWUAHAAAAHAHAHHAHAHAA