News:

There are no innocents, only the squeamish and the aroused.

Main Menu

FUCK ROBERT ANTON WILSON

Started by Horab Fibslager, November 27, 2003, 07:15:27 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Horab Fibslager

fuck da police!
   -NWA

"You'd PAY to know what you REALLY think."
-Dobbs 1961

and fuck all those other pseudo bullshit futurist writers, who you've read, adored, and now think exactly alike and quote at every waiting turn.

fuck them! they sold you a book and you bought their mind and thought processes and can't seem to get away from it. what have they written that you can't see beyond? what have they pretensed that you cannot out pretence.  the only reason,  or at least one of the only reasons, they haven't told you to do teh same is simple. they make a living outof telling you how to think, how to arrange your attitudes, how to keep an open mind according to their guidelines, how to be come a medium to the dogstar sirius aliens, how to prepare for timewave zero to collapse in 2012, how to fuck like a weirdo cuz missionary is for norms only.

fuck niel gaiman, terrence mckenna, robert anton wilson, and especially an other fuck who goes around making money off the counterculture.  fuck the counterculture. the counterculture became so intolerably saturated by capitalism before i was ever born that i can now invest itn eh upcoming counterculture blockbuster from the safety of my own home.

fuck that shit. if these guys were selling such incredible truths,they wouldn't ask you to buy it, they be throing off their clothes and preachign the word from teh streets, writing their workls on the walls, and beating verses relentlessy into lost lawyers and politicians.

their bullshit has become your truth
don't shy away from admitting it, even the great RAW him self has admitted he is full of shit, and i'm not about to do any different.
if reality is what you can get away with, Robert Anton Wilson and his contemporaries have got yall by the fucking calls, or filopian tubes as the case may be.

and for goddes' sake! stop quoting the monsters! is tehre anything worse than the mental enslavement to a supposedly freethinking writer's quotations?oen ofrm of idiocy replaces another, one becomes ever ignorant ont eh pretence of knowing better, one becomes a slave to the promiser of freedom. quote that motherfuckers!.

so what can you do to free yourself of tis venomus plague? what can you do to regain your own mind and thoughts?  

take that futurist collection and BURN IT! save teh cover pages tho, and use them as toilet paper. then send said toilet paper with a hearty fuck you! written on it to the author of the work.
Hell is other people.

SMFabal

Just because you've paid for a truth doesn't make it any less true.

The American culture has become so deeply innured in capitalism that the prase "You get what you pay for" has become a subconsious directive. If you didn't pay for it, it is worthless! Is that not, after all, the very definition of "worthless"?

Yet I do see your point: Why do people make money from these great truths? Well, I have an answer for that: The money is for the entertainment factor. The truth is thrown in for free.
SMFabal, High Pope of CoCK, PSP, CW, KSC, FP, GH, MORBJ

Q: How serious are you about this whole "Discordian" thing?
A: A blue fish Tuesday!
Q: No really, it this, like, deeply philosphical, or just a huge joke?
A: Yes.

Horab Fibslager

i agree and disagree.

it's not about the money anyway.

it's about the pretension that by listening to them, and following it, you will become a free thinker, when in reality one merely becomes a niel gaiman/raw/mckenna quoting robot, no different from a bible thumping luke/paul/john/moses quoting robot, or a realian quoting robot, or a etc. etc.

quote yourself!

and i still say fuck the futurists.
Hell is other people.

Cthyga

If you don't like RAW, don't read him.
Personally I don't like the futurist part of his works neither.

But I am eternally thankfull about one of my first enlighments to him, which occured to me while reading Illuminatus.

Before that I was a kind of would-be Thelemit, but couldn't see through, couldn't grasp the core of it.

And thanx to RAW at one point Thelema, Discordianism, Agnosticism, Magick and concious Brain Change became a whole to me.

I still love reading his books, because they make me remember that moment.

And by the way: If he makes a living of making people like me happy and helping us - I frankly do not care.

And even if his books wouldn't conceal the occasional thruth or two, they are still entertaining.
Don't you buy books to be entertained?

*kallisti*

Cthyga

Horab Fibslager

oh yeah i still read and like RAW.

that wasn't the point.
Hell is other people.

eumaas

Pay me and I'll tell you the truth.

SMFabal

Quoteit's about the pretension that by listening to them, and following it, you will become a free thinker, when in reality one merely becomes a niel gaiman/raw/mckenna quoting robot, no different from a bible thumping luke/paul/john/moses quoting robot, or a realian quoting robot, or a etc. etc.

quote yourself!

and i still say fuck the futurists.

Right you are Horab. But just because you quote someone, even if you quote them alot, it doesn't automatically make you a mindless automaton, either. I quote RAW and the (Christian) Bible with equal abandon, because there is truth in both, and the presentation of that truth is consise and well executed. I will quote anyone and anything that resonates with me. And half the time I can't even remeber where I learned it from.

Remember: The more you learn, the less you know.
SMFabal, High Pope of CoCK, PSP, CW, KSC, FP, GH, MORBJ

Q: How serious are you about this whole "Discordian" thing?
A: A blue fish Tuesday!
Q: No really, it this, like, deeply philosphical, or just a huge joke?
A: Yes.

Horab Fibslager

and i'm absolutely ignorant :)

i jsut ahd a thought, whcih iu was tryingfto collect in engl;ish all day( i thinkin abstract rhythms, which can defeat translation at times)

books liek illuminatus! triolgy and et al. are a beginning, or possibly a middle.

and you can;t see the world if your ship doesn;t elave teh harbour as the old saying goes(or maybe the saying isn't old, but i'm quite sure i plaigirized soemone for that one)
Hell is other people.

Trollax

Quote from: Horab
quote yourself!

I often do...

and who cares... Everything's up for sale... come on... the only people who have principles in this workaday world are mercenaries like drug dealers or psychics...

so get a tarot deck and a wig...

Then talk to me about principles

Bella

Quote from: Horaband i'm absolutely ignorant :)

i jsut ahd a thought, whcih iu was tryingfto collect in engl;ish all day( i thinkin abstract rhythms, which can defeat translation at times)

books liek illuminatus! triolgy and et al. are a beginning, or possibly a middle.

and you can;t see the world if your ship doesn;t elave teh harbour as the old saying goes(or maybe the saying isn't old, but i'm quite sure i plaigirized soemone for that one)
I have a friend who thinks in patterns of color, light. and shape....she often has translation problems. She once described someone as "blue and kind curly", which didn't help me at all. Wonder what it would be like if you two ever got together?  Seriously.  

In any case, I thought you did a great job of translating your thoughts into English. It made me think.......which makes me happy. And it opened up an interesting conversation with diverse points of view, which makes me even happier.  Don't believe in beginnings because everything is connected......so I vote for the books being a good middle.
Quoteand who cares... Everything's up for sale... come on... the only people who have principles in this workaday world are mercenaries like drug dealers or psychics...

Yup......I'm a mercenary alright.  But I don't own a wig. :wink:
just like in a dream
you'll open your mouth to scream
and you won't make a sound

you can't believe your eyes
you can't believe your ears
you can't believe your friends
you can't believe you're here

B23.77

Note to self: time to stop fucking RAW and actually read the book you just bought, Eye in the Pyramid.  Then you'll have something to critizise.  Blah.
Additional note to self: learn to play that damn gitar before you critizise teh blues!  Slacker.
Additional note to self, spank the wank before you knock masturbation, handy virgosis you.

Horab Fibslager

Quote from: St. Trollax, ODD
Quote from: Horab
quote yourself!

I often do...

and who cares... Everything's up for sale... come on... the only people who have principles in this workaday world are mercenaries like drug dealers or psychics...

aye it's sorta liek that song by the pop group, we are all prostitutes.

i reckoned it is sorta like a beginning, but the analogy is fitting.

b person, i've read teh illuminatus! triolgy liek 6 and 2 half times, so i reckon i can criticize it til teh cows coem home... :P actually i consider it one of the finest pieces of literature i've ever read but that's another story altogether...
Hell is other people.

Malaul

the Illuminatus TRillogy is what helped me find all you awsome people

I gotta thank RAW for that

and someone a few blips back metioned Neil Gaimen, and quoting him
I think he has some great one lines in his books
My favorite is "Now onward. Things to do. People to damage"

Good stuff
Coito ergo sum
O! Plus! Perge! Aio! Hui! Hem!
"You know the world is going crazy when the best rapper is a white guy, the best golfer is a black guy,the tallest guy in the NBA is Chinese, the Swiss hold the America's Cup, France is accusing the U.S. of arrogance, Germany doesn't want to go to war, and the three most powerful men in America are named Bush, Dick, and Colon.  --Comedian Chris Rock

riff

Christopher Walken has an excellent one-liner in the trailer for the new Denzel Washington movie:  "Killing people is his art form... and he's working on a masterpiece."

Of course, you have to hear the Walken voice to get the full effect...
Here's where I've been, and where I probably am: http://www.kingdomofloathing.com.

Malaul

I could hear that in my head with his voice
He talks to me often
Coito ergo sum
O! Plus! Perge! Aio! Hui! Hem!
"You know the world is going crazy when the best rapper is a white guy, the best golfer is a black guy,the tallest guy in the NBA is Chinese, the Swiss hold the America's Cup, France is accusing the U.S. of arrogance, Germany doesn't want to go to war, and the three most powerful men in America are named Bush, Dick, and Colon.  --Comedian Chris Rock