News:

If you can't abuse it, it's not power.

Main Menu

What is The Machine™

Started by LMNO, July 19, 2006, 12:56:06 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Triple Zero

Quote from: Z¬?Personally, I'd like to be able to EAT without feeding a vast corporate empire... and its not that its impossible to do, its just hideously impractical.
perhaps to read for you: possum living (ok this was in 1978)
Ex-Soviet Bloc Sexual Attack Swede of Tomorrow™
e-prime disclaimer: let it seem fairly unclear I understand the apparent subjectivity of the above statements. maybe.

INFORMATION SO POWERFUL, YOU ACTUALLY NEED LESS.

Triple Zero

Quote from: vexaph0dI'm probably a paranoid asshat, as always, but I think it's entirely likely that the Machine, if it is an organism like has been posited above, will eventually 'wake up,' or achieve consciousness. If we are members of the Machine, and we are aware of its existence, then is that not already a kind of consciousness? If full consciousness happens in the Machine, I'm fairly certain that we're fucked, even though I'm not entirely sure what the hell I'm talking about.
no. if it will achieve consciousness we will probably not notice because its consciousness is at a whole different level than ours. perhaps a psychic could, but only with severe risk of head asplody.
but i don't think it's even anywhere near that level of complexity. i think it would need a lot more "control" than it currently has, we'd have to be real mindless drones in order for it to function consciously, but that's just guesswork. from the way it's acting, i would judge it's level of awareness somewhere like .. an anthill (considering that a big anthill is theoretically a single organism).

to RWHN: that was an awesome piece of writing there! i'd give you mittens if i weren't too hungover to actually fetch them.

also, what we are trying to accomplish does not necessarily have to work *against* the machine. the living organism is not "alive" because of what it is made of, but because of the pattern which it has made of itself. if we try to destroy the machine or work against it in a manner hurtful to it, it will lash out and defend itself. even the simplest organisms have defence mechanisms in order just to stay "alive", which means continual existence of its pattern (because the matter will stay there, alive or dead). we know a lot of the machine's defence mechanisms, but there are probably also more subtle ones. if we can find any way in which the machine is allowed to live, preserve its pattern, then it will not "care" very much. the solution lies in the transition to a different machine, one that is benevolent to human beings.
the problem is that it's a two-way problem, more freedom for the individual human beings means less complexity of pattern for the machine. it will probably not like being "dumbed down" in such a matter.  ... i'm lost again.
Ex-Soviet Bloc Sexual Attack Swede of Tomorrow™
e-prime disclaimer: let it seem fairly unclear I understand the apparent subjectivity of the above statements. maybe.

INFORMATION SO POWERFUL, YOU ACTUALLY NEED LESS.

Mangrove

The Machine wants us to be fat, stupid and quiet.

(Unless you want to rebel, in which case The Machine wants you to purchase and consume their 'off the peg' rebellion.)

The Machine makes people yearn for 'Golden Ages' which didn't exist.

The Machine is often about convenience.

The Machine can invent solutions to problems we never had.

The Machine uses 'traditions', 'values' and 'morals' to validate their prejudices, discrimination and general laziness.

The Machine believes that if the general public knew anything of import, there would be 'mass panic/hysteria'.

The Machine does not appear to recognize that plenty of people already know things of import.

The Machine loves to polarize situations in their favour (us/them...good/evil etc) but immediately reverts to obfusification & smoke screens the moment someone notices.
What makes it so? Making it so is what makes it so.

PopeLoUDICRUCE

:evil: The Machine is a three pound universe. Do you know what that means?
Train yr brain not to stain yr heart with pain
                                         -PopeLoU-

DOCE NAIDROCSID v1.0
||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||
DAT(HIMOD)Th/p C++ s! a* COMP+ P++ E F+ R* tv+ b+ OM(5) RAW++ DC e+ h--- ys+++ K++
||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||

the other anonymous

Quote from: PopeLoUDICRUCE on August 12, 2006, 09:05:22 PM

http://www.answerpoint.org/reading_room/book_list.asp?sort=101&list=1989

Google knows all.

...unless it's off-line, in which case, it probably doesn't exist anyway.

-toa,
goggle google

PopeLoUDICRUCE

Quote from: the other anonymous on August 13, 2006, 09:27:23 AM

Google knows all.

-toa,
goggle google

Ah...Yes I gnow what it means but this is a rhetorical question...

Train yr brain not to stain yr heart with pain
                                         -PopeLoU-

DOCE NAIDROCSID v1.0
DAT(HIMOD)Th/p C++ s! a* COMP+ P++ E F+ R* tv+ b+ OM(5) RAW++ DC e+ h--- ys+++ K++

the other anonymous

Quote from: PopeLoUDICRUCE on August 13, 2006, 05:29:03 PM
Quote from: the other anonymous on August 13, 2006, 09:27:23 AM

Google knows all.

-toa,
goggle google

Ah...Yes I gnow what it means but this is a rhetorical question...

Odd, I don't remember saying that...  8-)

ñͤͣ̄ͦ̌̑͗͊͛͂͗ ̸̨̨̣̺̼̣̜͙͈͕̮̊̈́̈͂͛̽͊ͭ̓͆ͅé ̰̓̓́ͯ́́͞

It's the lingering facial expression that almost hides the honest reaction.

It's how you return to where you sat last time.

It's when you noticed falsity in yourself but couldn't tell where it came from.

It's a heavy coat worn in warm weather.

It's the look in the eyes when their focus isn't what's being looked at.

P E R   A S P E R A   A D   A S T R A

davznothere

it's what i use to cut the lawn
toast my english muffin .....
it's what i use to type this post
it's .... it's .....

i need to whack it i'll be right back .....

LMNO

davznothere

AFK

Cynicism is a blank check for failure.

LMNO

Quote from: davznothere on August 23, 2006, 06:20:54 PM
Quote from: LMNO on August 23, 2006, 06:19:55 PM
Deep.

strait from the kiddie pool mo'nuka

Yup.  It's heavy introspective thinking like this that makes a great endorsement for psychedilic drugs.

AFK

seriously, davy, you should review this thread and give us your thoughts on The Machine.  drop the schtick and join the discussions. 
Cynicism is a blank check for failure.

davznothere

Quote from: Rev. What's-His-Name? on August 23, 2006, 06:43:08 PM
seriously, davy, you should review this thread and give us your thoughts on The Machine.  drop the schtick and join the discussions. 

kk ..... i don't see the machine though i know what it is you speak of ..... i look at it instead as the Illuminati and i see it as a war on the consciousness from all sides ..... the age old battle of good vs. evil ..... i think they use old magics derived from strange 4th & 5th dimensional beings that they can summon and allow to enter their bodies ..... they have been training and raiseing each generation of children in this family(s) to believe they are destined to rule the world yadda yadda etc. the interbreed with each other and they rule everything from some huge mansion in the alps or someplace like that ..... they infiltrate everything and control everything and they build this illusion before us ..... and some of us just pull the wool over our own eyes instead .....

the illuminati are this family that are soooooo old, tracing their roots to egypt (or furthur) ..... some of us are a wake and a ware too so we see through the illusion that has been cast over the world by this very old family using very darkside powers, we see through it and start making conscious decions to change it by just about any means we can .....

the machine is an illusion and you are your own prisoner within it

i really think that everything can be fixed with just a thought ..... it's just that we all have to think it at the same time