Main Menu

What is The Machine™

Started by LMNO, July 19, 2006, 12:56:06 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ob_Portu

Mummy is the begining of all politics.
I'm not crazy, I'm perturbed.

Cain

You two.  The memebomb thread is over here.

Cain

http://www.truth-out.org/the-hidden-tragedy-cias-experiments-children62208

QuoteShortly after deciding to initiate her own LSD experiments on children, Bender attended a conference sponsored by a CIA front group, the Josiah Macy Foundation. The conference focused on LSD research and featured Dr. Harold A. Abramson as a presenter. In 1960, Abramson conducted his own LSD experiments on a group of six children ranging in age from five to 14 years of age.

A few short months after the Macy Foundation conference, Dr. Bender was notified that her planned LSD experiments would be partially and surreptitiously funded by the Society for the Investigation of Human Ecology (SIHE), another CIA front group then located in Forest Hills, New York. The Society, headed by James L. Monroe, a former US Air Force officer who had worked on top-secret psychological warfare and propaganda projects, oversaw about 55 top-secret experiments underwritten by the CIA. These projects involved LSD, ESP, black magic, astrology, psychological warfare, media manipulation, and other subjects.

Apparently, Bender's work with children and LSD raised some concerns at the CIA's Technical Services Division (TSD). A 1961 TSD memo written to Monroe questioned the "operational benefits of Dr. Bender's work as related to children and LSD," and requested to be kept "closely appraised of the possible links between Dr. Bender's project and those being conducted under separate MK/ULTRA funding at designated prisons in New York and elsewhere."

Kai

If there is magic on this planet, it is contained in water. --Loren Eisley, The Immense Journey

Her Royal Majesty's Chief of Insect Genitalia Dissection
Grand Visser of the Six Legged Class
Chanticleer of the Holometabola Clade Church, Diptera Parish

Ruby

Quote from: Cain on August 15, 2010, 12:23:39 PM

QuoteShortly after deciding to initiate her own LSD experiments on children, Bender attended a conference sponsored by a CIA front group, the Josiah Macy Foundation. The conference focused on LSD research and featured Dr. Harold A. Abramson as a presenter. In 1960, Abramson conducted his own LSD experiments on a group of six children ranging in age from five to 14 years of age.

A few short months after the Macy Foundation conference, Dr. Bender was notified that her planned LSD experiments would be partially and surreptitiously funded by the Society for the Investigation of Human Ecology (SIHE), another CIA front group then located in Forest Hills, New York. The Society, headed by James L. Monroe, a former US Air Force officer who had worked on top-secret psychological warfare and propaganda projects, oversaw about 55 top-secret experiments underwritten by the CIA. These projects involved LSD, ESP, black magic, astrology, psychological warfare, media manipulation, and other subjects.

Apparently, Bender's work with children and LSD raised some concerns at the CIA's Technical Services Division (TSD). A 1961 TSD memo written to Monroe questioned the "operational benefits of Dr. Bender's work as related to children and LSD," and requested to be kept "closely appraised of the possible links between Dr. Bender's project and those being conducted under separate MK/ULTRA funding at designated prisons in New York and elsewhere."

It goes without saying that those were during the 'baby-booming' years. Experimentation between 1950-1979 leaves more than a little opening for the question of numbers being effected that are not mentionable.
"I think I should warn you that I am, in fact, a librarian."
--Noah Wyle as Flynn, in The Librarian: Curse of the Judas Chalice

Cosine 5

Quote from: Ruby on August 15, 2010, 02:30:53 PM
It goes without saying that those were during the 'baby-booming' years. Experimentation between 1950-1979 leaves more than a little opening for the question of numbers being effected that are not mentionable.

I'm confused about what you're trying to say in that second sentence.
I think the time period hardly matters in this case, except it's rather alarming how close it is to the present.
not quite there yet.

BadBeast

Quote from: Cain on August 15, 2010, 12:23:39 PM

What a fucking horrible way to research the effects of Acid. I think that Agencies such as the CIA, recognised the actual power of LSD on the mind, was so phenominal, that they had to be "Expert" in it's application. The reason the experiments went on for so many years, is that you cannot get predictable or usable results from giving people big doses of Acid. This didn't stop them from trying different combinations of techniques for MKULTRA. All they really learned was that Acid can fuck with your head in ways that no-one can understand. Unless they have experienced it.  Watching subjects who have been given the Drug, infers no knowledge or subjective experience to the experimentors. All they see is the outward effects of the altered psyche. But they were too afraid to experiment on themselves by this stage, because they had built themselves a place from which to watch madness. They didn't want what happened to their subjects to happen to them.
So I don't think they discovered anything of worth at all in this hideously perverted series of "How to break a mind into twelvety mizillion bits"

To try and control it, to use it as a tool for psycho :fnord: ist programming, is futile, unless you are within the subject's parameters of reality. So if you want to reprogram someone effectively, you have to get down in the ditch with them yourself, and dig. And share any risk the subject has to take too. It could almost be a new Olympic Sport. Acid mind-wrestling. Trip-Fu. Chi Boxing.  :fap:  :horrormirth:
"We need a plane for Bombing, Strafing, Assault and Battery, Interception, Ground Support, and Reconaissance,
NOT JUST A "FAIR WEATHER FIGHTER"!

"I kinda like him. It's like he sees inside my soul" ~ Nigel

Whoever puts their hand on me to govern me, is a usurper, and a tyrant, and I declare them my enemy!

"And when the clouds obscure the moon, and normal service is resumed. It wont. Mean. A. Thing"
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zpkCJDYxH-4

Telarus

Fuck dude, I'd totally pay to watch that in 3d.
Telarus, KSC,
.__.  Keeper of the Contradictory Cephalopod, Zenarchist Swordsman,
(0o)  Tender to the Edible Zen Garden, Ratcheting Metallic Sex Doll of The End Times,
/||\   Episkopos of the Amorphous Dreams Cabal

Join the Doll Underground! Experience the Phantasmagorical Safari!

Ruby

Cosine5: You are right as to the fact that it is disturbing to be so near to our present time, however, it also leaves to question what is it 'they' have moved on to.

1950-1979 were specifically the baby-booming years. Why do you think those years were called that? Also, primarily it was the middle-class on to which the common reference was made. The lower class and the impoverished were not technically observed as the same, nor were 'they' as valued by mainstream society without some kind of agenda.

To further what else I was aiming toward is this: How many equality issues arose at that time? How many 'supposed' governmental conspiracy theories were 'exposed'? There are so many things that came about, not just during that specific time, but, within the last, what? 120-130 years that makes one wonder more about the 'tale ;D that wagged the dog'.

*Getting out my history books and taking a second look at the real changes without the political distractions.*

BadBeast: A really great point!

BadBeast

Quote from: Ruby on August 16, 2010, 11:15:44 AM

There are so many things that came about, not just during that specific time, but, within the last, what? 120-130 years that makes one wonder more about the 'tale ;D that wagged the dog'.

*Getting out my history books and taking a second look at the real changes without the political distractions.*

BadBeast: A really great point!

If you think of it in those terms, 120 ish years ago, we had only ever got off the ground in Hot Air Balloons. 80 years later, and Uncle Sam's on Mars.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NGyeULvpQdY&p=4AE700175D382309&playnext=1&index=23

And there are/were a generation of people who saw more Technological advances in their lifetime, than the rest of it all put together. Even 30 years ago, if you tried to describe to them the level of Technology everyone now carries in their pockets, they would have burnt you for Witchcraft!
"We need a plane for Bombing, Strafing, Assault and Battery, Interception, Ground Support, and Reconaissance,

Whoever puts their hand on me to govern me, is a usurper, and a tyrant, and I declare them my enemy!

"And when the clouds obscure the moon, and normal service is resumed. It wont. Mean. A. Thing"

Ruby

Amazing, isn't it!?

And, too, I have come to seriously doubt if anyone even reads their history books. I also wonder, if they have, why is there such a confusion about 'witchcrafting'. In my history book, an I will happily quote if it be necessary, but it explains a 'basic' belief and history of what witchcraft was/is, and even gives clues as to what it very well 'could' become.

Sticking to the basics, of course, as too few woul want to o their own research into the multiple theories, symbolism, so on, and so forth.

Some 'burns' could be pleasureable, though, I suppose. (Hell's Fire in New York says so, that is.)

BadBeast

We didn't go in for the Witch burning in Britain to the same extent as they did on the Continent.
For a start, the Spanish Inquisition never set foot here. And for another thing, we knew a good thing when we saw it. It's all very well getting carried away with the Hue & Cry on a Wednesday,
but if you fell over and split your head on Thursday, you're not going to be getting it stitched up anytime soon by the Woman you helped strap into the Ducking Stool.
We did probably burn a few useless old peasant women, but then who didn't back then when the winter cold was seeping into their bones. Nothing like a good bonfire to chase the chill away, and engender good community relations. We even gave them every chance to deny any wrongdoing, if they were either too senile, or too thick to take it, then it's probably for the best, don't you think?

Ruby

Quote from: BadBeast on August 16, 2010, 01:44:47 PM
We didn't go in for the Witch burning in Britain to the same extent as they did on the Continent.
For a start, the Spanish Inquisition never set foot here. And for another thing, we knew a good thing when we saw it. It's all very well getting carried away with the Hue & Cry on a Wednesday,
but if you fell over and split your head on Thursday, you're not going to be getting it stitched up anytime soon by the Woman you helped strap into the Ducking Stool.
We did probably burn a few useless old peasant women, but then who didn't back then when the winter cold was seeping into their bones. Nothing like a good bonfire to chase the chill away, and engender good community relations. We even gave them every chance to deny any wrongdoing, if they were either too senile, or too thick to take it, then it's probably for the best, don't you think?

It isn't what I think, so much, haha, it's what I've come to know, and quite well. 'They' should have had worthy men of strength to co-habitate with, protecting them from political injustices as so mentioned. Or a vicious dog. Or a butch woman with a collection of knives. Or, hells bells, all the above.  :lulz:

BadBeast

I'm sure lots of them did. Some of the ones I know still do. One friend of mine breeds prize English Bull Terriers. And has 2 strapping great sons. I've lived with her, and though I love her dearly, she can be very hard work. But that's women in general really.
Can't live with 'em, can't just leave them in the ditch where you found them.  :ECH:

Ruby

Quote from: BadBeast on August 16, 2010, 02:15:41 PM
I'm sure lots of them did. Some of the ones I know still do. One friend of mine breeds prize English Bull Terriers. And has 2 strapping great sons. I've lived with her, and though I love her dearly, she can be very hard work. But that's women in general really.
Can't live with 'em, can't just leave them in the ditch where you found them.  :ECH:

Hahaha, too cute, and I'm too nice to say where some of us find our men.  :evil: