News:

Attempting to do something

Main Menu

ITT: Rum suggestions

Started by Shibboleet The Annihilator, August 16, 2006, 07:43:43 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Triple Zero

thanks, but um i was actually gonna check out some local toko's and possibly bio-eco-green-hippie stores :) if i have to order it from halfway over the planet ..

a toko is like a weird multi-culti supermarket that got all sorts of strange exotic foods, ranging from japanese, chinese, turkish, indonesian, suriname .. depending on which one you go to of course. one of them is bound to have gum arabic.

and since agar agar is like the vegetarian replacement for gelatine (made from seaweed), i suppose i should be able to find it in some goat-wool-socks-wearing-vegan-whole-grain-hippie-supermarket. unfortunately these are often rather expensive, cause hippies like to be stripped of their moneys for feeling ecologically superior, contrary to the people from exotic origin that the toko mostly caters for, who know damn well what a kilo of couscous should cost ;-)
Ex-Soviet Bloc Sexual Attack Swede of Tomorrow™
e-prime disclaimer: let it seem fairly unclear I understand the apparent subjectivity of the above statements. maybe.

INFORMATION SO POWERFUL, YOU ACTUALLY NEED LESS.

Sir Squid Diddimus

:mullet:
       \
      Oh, we don't gots a lot o them faincy sorta stores down here in duh south.
We has a wal mart though. UHYUK!

Mesozoic Mister Nigel

"I'm guessing it was January 2007, a meeting in Bethesda, we got a bag of bees and just started smashing them on the desk," Charles Wick said. "It was very complicated."

Suu

I'd recommend Cruzan Estate Single Barrel. It's a dark rum from St. Thomas. Richter got Mr. Suu and I a massive 2L bottle for our wedding and we still have some left.

I like to sip it straight on the rocks, but it's also favorable with cola or added to a daquiri mix. I have yet to try it with ginger ale. Either way, it's very smooth and flavorful.
Sovereign Episkopos-Princess Kaousuu; Esq., Battle Nun, Bene Gesserit.
Our Lady of Perpetual Confusion; 1st Church of Discordia

"Add a dab of lavender to milk, leave town with an orange, and pretend you're laughing at it."