News:

CAN'T A BROTHER GET A LITTLE PEACE?

Main Menu

THE DISCORDIAN SOCIETY

Started by davznothere, August 17, 2006, 05:01:43 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

AFK

also, please to be noting that System of a Down are neither hardcore or punk. 
Cynicism is a blank check for failure.

Triple Zero

because of the band's name of course!

so maybe we should then pimp this forum at a doormat collectors forum ..

because a doormat is "no exit" get it

(wait .. actually it can be .. well never mind)
Ex-Soviet Bloc Sexual Attack Swede of Tomorrow™
e-prime disclaimer: let it seem fairly unclear I understand the apparent subjectivity of the above statements. maybe.

INFORMATION SO POWERFUL, YOU ACTUALLY NEED LESS.

AFK

Oh yeah of course.  Because he thinks most people on this forum will see the word 'Discordian' and shout 23PINEALZOMG!!! and download his stuff and buy his albums.  I'm glad he's doing his homework.

Just a word of advice mr. daveyznothere, srsly, you might as well join the discourse and forget pimping the band for awhile.  You're going to get a lot further that way.  You also might want to check out some of the writings in the 'Or Kill Me' section to find out what this place is, or was, really, all about. 

Oh, and also, dead horses don't buy albums. 

LMNO

Quote from: Rev. What's-His-Name? on August 22, 2006, 06:11:47 PM
Quote from: davznothere on August 22, 2006, 05:35:28 PM
..... i have no views on Discordian and she barely fits into my music (except those songs in which i actually sing about her, like The Worship Song)

So why the hell are you pimping your band here?   :?

See, that's what I was wondering...

Mangrove

Quote from: LMNO on August 17, 2006, 07:09:45 PM
Ok, and another thing:

I don't know how you can say your post-Phish guitar wank Hippie noodling can be said to be in any way "Discordian".  There is no strife, no chaos, and certainly no Discord.

In fact, your entire act sounds as bland and as tame as a Edie Brickell's back up band.  Stop taking our Goddess' name in vain.

[quietly takes 'Pope T and the Mangrooves demo CD out of LMNO's car]

[saunters away]

[suspicious whistling]
What makes it so? Making it so is what makes it so.

LMNO

davznothere

YAY ..... gods do i love to stir the pot ..... HAIL ERIS MOTHERFUCKERS  :-D

actually ..... i have lots of discordian views and i consider myself to be one HELL of a PRANKSTER ..... i just wanted to fuck w/ ya'll ..... cause i can ..... my main thing is this though ..... i just don't take Discordianism to seriously (or any religion/politics for that matter) ..... i mean it's a spoof religion written by two silly fops and xeroxed in a legal office it's first printing ..... (or maybe thats just some silly urban legend) and i love some good sillyness and hope to actually add 20-30 pages to Principia someday ..... anyway ..... i remember the first copy of Principia Discordia that i owned ..... i had just moved to Roanoke, VA and the people i met here stuffed me full of Illuminati Trilogy untill my brain was swelling ..... so one night with about 16 hits of LSD in me i went for a walk in downtown Roanoke ..... i had thought that R.A.W and Shea had just made the damned book up as part of the Trilogy ..... so there i was triping face and walking into my friends gaming shop (yes i'm a geek) and i look to my left ..... and lo and behold amid the whitewolf books and melting walls was Principia i nearly shat myself and it was a moment of epiphany ..... it was for sale for $14.99 ..... i had $15 in my pocket ..... when TDS was first formed the original Guit. player wanted to call us The Evil Genius' for a Better Tomorrow but when he found out it was already taken i suggested what i thought would be a great name .....

Triple Zero

nope, we've seen that approach as well. nice try, but no.

please feel welcome to try one of our other many fine threads.
Ex-Soviet Bloc Sexual Attack Swede of Tomorrow™
e-prime disclaimer: let it seem fairly unclear I understand the apparent subjectivity of the above statements. maybe.

INFORMATION SO POWERFUL, YOU ACTUALLY NEED LESS.

davznothere

Quote from: triple zero on August 22, 2006, 05:46:44 PM
ok now do something discordian.

and make it spontaneous

ok ..... so tell me how i get the rabbit OUT of my ass .....

davznothere

Quote from: Rev. What's-His-Name? on August 22, 2006, 06:18:22 PM
also, please to be noting that System of a Down are neither hardcore or punk. 

nope they sit safely in their own genre

AFK

that's not what you have on your band bio. 

davznothere

Quote from: Rev. What's-His-Name? on August 22, 2006, 06:45:54 PM
Oh yeah of course.  Because he thinks most people on this forum will see the word 'Discordian' and shout 23PINEALZOMG!!! and download his stuff and buy his albums.  I'm glad he's doing his homework.

Just a word of advice mr. daveyznothere, srsly, you might as well join the discourse and forget pimping the band for awhile.  You're going to get a lot further that way.  You also might want to check out some of the writings in the 'Or Kill Me' section to find out what this place is, or was, really, all about. 

Oh, and also, dead horses don't buy albums. 

i'm pretty sure i only mentioned my band in this thread 2 - 3 times ..... other than that i think i have joined the discourse ..... i've just yet to post anywhere else ..... but fear not my faithless friend ..... the Avatar of Eris is here and will shit words of wiseassness all over yer grubby little hands ..... and you will pray

davznothere

Quote from: Rev. What's-His-Name? on August 23, 2006, 05:27:16 PM
that's not what you have on your band bio. 

did i misplace them ? i will check and remedy

Jasper

Then lettuce spray, for the most holee salad has wot been toss'd.

davznothere

Quote from: Felix Mackay on August 23, 2006, 06:53:04 PM
Then lettuce spray, for the most holee salad has wot been toss'd.

just the thought makes my sphincter quiver in lewd anticipation