News:

PD.com: The combined word for "horror" and "mirth"

Main Menu

Wonder

Started by B23.77, September 25, 2006, 06:16:28 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

B23.77

Sometimes it's okay to question and wonder about this world, God, and society.  Indeed, without wonder and quest, we'd never figure out or solve anything.  Will reality crumble if I cease to believe, or figure out too much?  In an illusive world dazzled by so much trickiness, I kinda fear knowing real truth myself, but can't help wondering what's what.  What is the fate of lost socks?  Am I all alone, dreaming?  Is that the big secret?  If I'm not alone, is there other life beyond this world?  Is the universe infinite?  Do males have nipples solely for the purpose of nipple clamps?  What is death like?  Must we die, and why if so?  And why is the sky blue?  Why is faith the key to Heaven?  Is chaos God's keychain?  If God is omnipotent and omnibenevolent, why all the war, torture, and fatalism?  If it's the Devil's fault, which one of them invented candy?  Is candy moral?  Will I realize that I'm Jesus of Nazareth, and live 1000+ years or just have some things in common with Jesus?  Am I any different than Mohammed of Islam?  Should lemmings take swimming lessons in purgatory?  Why is the third world third, and why is it neglected by the wealthy elite?  Don't they own everything?  In what way does anything belong to anybody?  How does lint appear in my belly button?  How is beige white and why is it battling with brown and black?  What do apes think of evolution?  Why is it a bug up my butt if gay people get married?  Why do homosexuals homosexualize?  Are they heterophobic?  How fat would I have to get to become bulletproof?  Does condemning drug users make society better or worse?  What would happen if aliens destroyed the moon?  Why do "conservatives" neglect environmental conservation while "liberals" want control of all our guns?  Is anything permanent?  When did time start?  If the past is gone, how do I remember it?  What is the future, and if I figure out how to see the future, can it be changed?  Was Heisenberg certain about his uncertainty principle?  If Pythagoras was right, what is the square root of a tree?  What do soccer and poppies have to do with Einstein's theory of relativity?  How much good do carpool lanes really do?  If oil companies are so rich and powerful, why are they bothered that we seek alternative energy sources?  Why is George curious, and why did his curiosity kill the cat?  Why ask why?  Why try Bud Dry when I'm high as sky?  K, I'll just take my pills and go to bed now.

The Good Reverend Roger

" It's just that Depeche Mode were a bunch of optimistic loveburgers."
- TGRR, shaming himself forever, 7/8/2017

"Billy, when I say that ethics is our number one priority and safety is also our number one priority, you should take that to mean exactly what I said. Also quality. That's our number one priority as well. Don't look at me that way, you're in the corporate world now and this is how it works."
- TGRR, raising the bar at work.

LHX

why did i read this?

nice work tho

tickled
neat hell

East Coast Hustle

Rabid Colostomy Hole Jammer of the Coming Apocalypse™

The Devil is in the details; God is in the nuance.

Some yahoo yelled at me, saying 'GIVE ME LIBERTY OR GIVE ME DEATH', and I thought, "I'm feeling generous today.  Why not BOTH?"

Cain

This is pretty awesome.  To the degree I am unable to make a constructive response.