News:

i mean, pardon my english but this, the life i'm living is ww1 trench warfare.

Main Menu

Illuminatus! Trilogy

Started by NapaDiscordian, September 21, 2006, 05:03:37 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Have you read the Illuminatus! Trilogy?

Yes
9 (50%)
No
3 (16.7%)
Currently reading
2 (11.1%)
Fleabag
2 (11.1%)
HaarUUMPH!!
2 (11.1%)

Total Members Voted: 17

Voting closed: October 14, 2006, 05:03:37 AM

The Good Reverend Roger

Quote from: davznothere on September 22, 2006, 06:28:45 AM
Quote from: The Good Reverend Roger on September 22, 2006, 06:09:55 AM
Quote from: davznothere on September 22, 2006, 06:08:31 AM
thats why a subculture sprang up around his works and thats why you ended up here .....

Okay, you're an idiot.

ok so now yer going to just ignore the historical truth of the matter ..... Discordinism, (greek left over from 3000 years ago crap which is in no way shape or form relevant to NOW aside) has only been around as a subculture for what 40 years now ..... yer gonna tell me that before PD was printed on a xerox machine ina lawyers office some 40 eyars ago or wtf ever ..... that before that discordianism was prevelent as a religion ..... greek mythos aside

Though we were talking about Wilson.
" It's just that Depeche Mode were a bunch of optimistic loveburgers."
- TGRR, shaming himself forever, 7/8/2017

"Billy, when I say that ethics is our number one priority and safety is also our number one priority, you should take that to mean exactly what I said. Also quality. That's our number one priority as well. Don't look at me that way, you're in the corporate world now and this is how it works."
- TGRR, raising the bar at work.

davznothere

Quote from: The Good Reverend Roger on September 22, 2006, 06:45:52 AM
Quote from: davznothere on September 22, 2006, 06:28:45 AM
Quote from: The Good Reverend Roger on September 22, 2006, 06:09:55 AM
Quote from: davznothere on September 22, 2006, 06:08:31 AM
thats why a subculture sprang up around his works and thats why you ended up here .....

Okay, you're an idiot.

ok so now yer going to just ignore the historical truth of the matter ..... Discordinism, (greek left over from 3000 years ago crap which is in no way shape or form relevant to NOW aside) has only been around as a subculture for what 40 years now ..... yer gonna tell me that before PD was printed on a xerox machine ina lawyers office some 40 eyars ago or wtf ever ..... that before that discordianism was prevelent as a religion ..... greek mythos aside

Though we were talking about Wilson.

ok ..... we were and i'm talking about the subculture that sprang up around his writings ..... the cult if you will ..... how many people were turned onto Discordianism because he decided to use quotes from PD as chapter headers ? ..... thats all i'm saying ..... from my understanding of history it was RAW who provided the leap pad so to speak for this whole subculture we are drowning in

the other anonymous

HATRED VS FACTS ITT

ARGUMENTUM AD LAILSAUCE!!!1!!1!!

Iron Sulfide

could i have possibly, conceivably....statistically or otherwise been this obtuse when i started my trip?

the thought might be painful that any of us were that near-sighted at some point.

dave, for what it's worth, you haven't a fat cell's chance in a tweaker's body against rog or turd. but then...

and whereas i find discourse in their appraisal of RAW, you have to admit that illuminatus read like a junky with the jitters.

besides, the more you come to know, the less you'll believe you do. and other hudu mumbo jumbo.

Ya' stupid Yank.

NapaDiscordian

Hey man, if you read the Trilogy, you'd know why it read like an acid trip.  People can hate it if they want, personlly I am finding more and more in common with Dave  :mrgreen:
RAW is also one of Discordianisms greatest profits, in Mal-2's own words (if you believe it), and goes by the holy name of Mordecai Malignatius, KNS.  I think.

Iron Sulfide

are you philipino?

cause i see you eating your dogma.

and i said "junky with the jitters."

i would hardly compare the two. one's a lot less painful. the other more dignifying.
Ya' stupid Yank.

NapaDiscordian

Hahaha no I'm not remotely filipino, and what that has to do with eating up dogma is beyond me.
  I do suck up RAW's and Mal-2's dogma, probably because it's so entertaining, and so much more fun that science, which I used to snarf down like... someone who's really hungry.

Iron Sulfide

. . .*

*{it should be noted that an elipses is not a common punctual operative, to collect and display prose properly- like a shetland pony- but, rather, an Abstension of prose. Therefore, all elipses are of Death, and Should Be Regarded As Plague! This particular elipses, however, is an abstension of an obscure slavic phrase that loosely translates to "Choke on my camel's rancid carcass."}

just sayin
Ya' stupid Yank.

NapaDiscordian

davznothere

i always thought it read more like ADHD ..... which is just my cup of meth .....

East Coast Hustle

Quote from: NapaDiscordian on September 22, 2006, 08:42:25 AM
  I do suck up RAW's and Mal-2's dogma

that's all that needsto be said, really.

ECH,
thinks you ought to try thinking for yourself sometime. you might find it addictive
Rabid Colostomy Hole Jammer of the Coming Apocalypse™

The Devil is in the details; God is in the nuance.

Some yahoo yelled at me, saying 'GIVE ME LIBERTY OR GIVE ME DEATH', and I thought, "I'm feeling generous today.  Why not BOTH?"

Scribbly

his thoughts on consciousness, time & space, and reality are quite interesting actually and studdied to this day in philosphy class country wide (my brother who is a theology maj. out of fordum U. in NY, and now has his masters in history did a 200 page report on RAW)

Really?

I'm currently studying philosophy at A-level in the UK, my teachers had never heard of RAW, or discordianism, I recently got a copy of Quantum Psychology (an interesting book), but my teachers hadn't heard of it, and one of them got a degree in philosophy.

Maybe the courses are very different, but I wasn't under the impression RAW had made that much of an impact to get that kind of recognition.
I had an existential crisis and all I got was this stupid gender.

davznothere

Quote from: Kai Wren on September 22, 2006, 03:02:26 PM
his thoughts on consciousness, time & space, and reality are quite interesting actually and studdied to this day in philosphy class country wide (my brother who is a theology maj. out of fordum U. in NY, and now has his masters in history did a 200 page report on RAW)

Really?

I'm currently studying philosophy at A-level in the UK, my teachers had never heard of RAW, or discordianism, I recently got a copy of Quantum Psychology (an interesting book), but my teachers hadn't heard of it, and one of them got a degree in philosophy.

Maybe the courses are very different, but I wasn't under the impression RAW had made that much of an impact to get that kind of recognition.

maybe they are and it might even be Prof. Specific .... but anyway it was interesting cause i heard of him after i got out of school  ..... and was traveling a little bit ..... my brother asked me if i heard of him and by that point i was full onto some discordian gibberish .....

Cain

DIS FRED IS RIDING THE SHORT BUS

Iron Sulfide

note how he daftly picks and chooses what to respond to

it's a slightly sedimented opinion of mine that the first thing to observe when understanding a person is their animal-level behaviour. moreso then just pack-status mentality, though...
Ya' stupid Yank.