News:

"Those who seek should not stop seeking until they find. When they find, they will be disturbed." - Jesus

Main Menu

Illuminatus! Trilogy

Started by NapaDiscordian, September 21, 2006, 05:03:37 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Have you read the Illuminatus! Trilogy?

Yes
9 (50%)
No
3 (16.7%)
Currently reading
2 (11.1%)
Fleabag
2 (11.1%)
HaarUUMPH!!
2 (11.1%)

Total Members Voted: 17

Voting closed: October 14, 2006, 05:03:37 AM

NapaDiscordian

"I do suck up RAW's and Mal-2's dogma"

"that's all that needsto be said, really.

ECH,
thinks you ought to try thinking for yourself sometime. you might find it addictive"

I suck up their dogma because I like it, and decided to.  You don't think it was MY choice to suck up their dogma?  That was the point.  I don;t think you can read the Trilogy and not think for yourself at the end, unless you decided to discredit the book and not suck up anything from it, like Cain and TGRR.

Cain

Quote from: NapaDiscordian on September 25, 2006, 07:08:45 AM
"I do suck up Christ's and St Paul's dogma"

"that's all that needsto be said, really.

ECH,
thinks you ought to try thinking for yourself sometime. you might find it addictive"

I suck up their dogma because I like it, and decided to.  You don't think it was MY choice to suck up their dogma?  That was the point.  I don;t think you can read the Bible and not think for yourself at the end, unless you decided to discredit the book and not suck up anything from it, like Moses and Mohammed.

Fixed, for more obvious example of stupidity.

NapaDiscordian

Nice one, makin yourself Moses or Mohammed hahaha.

Well, it's kinda true, except with the Bible it'd be more like believing in God and all that jazz.  And if you do accept the shit in the Bible, then yeah, you're obviously going to believe in God by the end of the book.

Oh, and Mohammed didn't discredit Jesus' teachings.  He is the most quoted prophet in the Koran.

Iron Sulfide

your factoids aren't impressive. i've met muslims that know less about their religion than president bush does.

and nice Strawman Fallacy.

i know it doesn't look impressive, but it's only a flaccid fallacy.
Ya' stupid Yank.

Cain

Quote from: NapaDiscordian on September 25, 2006, 08:48:36 AM
Nice one, makin yourself Moses or Mohammed hahaha.

Well, it's kinda true, except with the Bible it'd be more like believing in God and all that jazz.  And if you do accept the shit in the Bible, then yeah, you're obviously going to believe in God by the end of the book.

Oh, and Mohammed didn't discredit Jesus' teachings.  He is the most quoted prophet in the Koran.

Hey, whats that?  Flying way above your head?  Oh yeah, its the FUCKING POINT!

NapaDiscordian

Quote from: Prater Festwo on September 25, 2006, 09:07:33 AM
your factoids aren't impressive. i've met muslims that know less about their religion than president bush does.

...And?  How muslim the muslims you've met are has nothing to do with Mohammed.  :-P

Iron Sulfide

Quote from: NapaDiscordian]Oh, and Mohammed didn't discredit Jesus' teachings.  He is the most quoted prophet in the Koran.
Quote from: Prater Festwo
Quote from: NapaDiscordian
...And?  How muslim the muslims you've met are has nothing to do with Mohammed.  :-P

read the above underlined and tell me how that doesn't relate to unimpressive factoids of yours.

and for your own records, yes. muhammed did denounce a lot of Jesus' Teachings.
i.e "I am the son of God", "No one goes to the Father, but through me..." or that wacky part where jesus says that the Ten commands and all rabbinical law are mute, because he is the son of god and he says so.

just sayin (that you're still a fucking retard)
Ya' stupid Yank.

East Coast Hustle

Quote from: NapaDiscordian on September 25, 2006, 07:08:45 AM
I do suck up RAW's and Mal-2's dogma

Quote from: ECHthat's all that needs to be said, really.

ECH,
thinks you ought to try thinking for yourself sometime. you might find it addictive

Quote from: stinky hippie boyI suck up their dogma because I like it, and decided to.  You don't think it was MY choice to suck up their dogma?  That was the point.  I don;t think you can read the Trilogy and not think for yourself at the end, unless you decided to discredit the book and not suck up anything from it, like Cain and TGRR.

wow.

blatant stupidity and outright self-ownage ITT.

ECH,
wonders how you can be too stupid to figure out how to use quote tags
Rabid Colostomy Hole Jammer of the Coming Apocalypse™

The Devil is in the details; God is in the nuance.

Some yahoo yelled at me, saying 'GIVE ME LIBERTY OR GIVE ME DEATH', and I thought, "I'm feeling generous today.  Why not BOTH?"

Cain

This is all besides the point, because anyone who sucks up dogma is a dogmatist - no matter if its from RAW, Jesus or Scientology.  Its all the same crap, someone elses ideas that you parrot because it makes you feel good. 

Way to go in surrenduring your mind, monkey-boi

NapaDiscordian

Damn!  I try to find out how many people read Illuminatus! and I end up gettin destroyed.
:x aw fuck it

The Good Reverend Roger

Quote from: Prater Festwo on September 24, 2006, 09:19:05 AM
note how he daftly picks and chooses what to respond to

it's a slightly sedimented opinion of mine that the first thing to observe when understanding a person is their animal-level behaviour. moreso then just pack-status mentality, though...

Well, aren't YOU just the little psychologist. :lol:
" It's just that Depeche Mode were a bunch of optimistic loveburgers."
- TGRR, shaming himself forever, 7/8/2017

"Billy, when I say that ethics is our number one priority and safety is also our number one priority, you should take that to mean exactly what I said. Also quality. That's our number one priority as well. Don't look at me that way, you're in the corporate world now and this is how it works."
- TGRR, raising the bar at work.

Iron Sulfide

psychology is half-baked, too.

or, well..at least half of it is coked-out.
Ya' stupid Yank.

davznothere

Quote from: Cain on September 25, 2006, 12:13:51 PM
This is all besides the point, because anyone who sucks up dogma is a dogmatist - no matter if its from RAW, Jesus or Scientology.  Its all the same crap, someone elses ideas that you parrot because it makes you feel good. 

i couldn't agree more .....

although it's a bit ironic that you are a proponent of free minds ..... considering how quickly you jump on ideas you disagree with .....

see ya again in 14 days

The Good Reverend Roger

Quote from: davznothere on September 28, 2006, 06:11:54 PM
Quote from: Cain on September 25, 2006, 12:13:51 PM

i couldn't agree more .....

although it's a bit ironic that you are a proponent of free minds ..... considering how quickly you jump on ideas you disagree with .....

see ya again in 14 days

Jumping on ideas you disagree with is dogmatism?

Really?

AYRTS?  IA?
" It's just that Depeche Mode were a bunch of optimistic loveburgers."
- TGRR, shaming himself forever, 7/8/2017

"Billy, when I say that ethics is our number one priority and safety is also our number one priority, you should take that to mean exactly what I said. Also quality. That's our number one priority as well. Don't look at me that way, you're in the corporate world now and this is how it works."
- TGRR, raising the bar at work.

NapaDiscordian

Being anti dogmatic is a form of dogmatism, just like the middle path of Buddhism is a kind of extreme, and Communism is a form of government.