News:

Today, for a brief second, I thought of a life without Roger. It was much like my current life, except that this forum was a bit nicer.

Main Menu

Illuminatus! Trilogy

Started by NapaDiscordian, September 21, 2006, 05:03:37 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Have you read the Illuminatus! Trilogy?

Yes
9 (50%)
No
3 (16.7%)
Currently reading
2 (11.1%)
Fleabag
2 (11.1%)
HaarUUMPH!!
2 (11.1%)

Total Members Voted: 17

Voting closed: October 14, 2006, 05:03:37 AM

The Good Reverend Roger

Quote from: NapaDiscordian on October 01, 2006, 07:28:03 AM
So what?  The world is overpopulated as it is. 

And anarchy doesn;t imply violent, except to the close minded

1.  Then do your part, son.

2.  Which includes 99% of humanity.  You'd be someone's ham sammich by noon.
" It's just that Depeche Mode were a bunch of optimistic loveburgers."
- TGRR, shaming himself forever, 7/8/2017

"Billy, when I say that ethics is our number one priority and safety is also our number one priority, you should take that to mean exactly what I said. Also quality. That's our number one priority as well. Don't look at me that way, you're in the corporate world now and this is how it works."
- TGRR, raising the bar at work.

Cain

anarchy doesn't imply violence, except to the close minded.

Or those who studied history.  Or understand game theory.  Or think for a minute.

faust

So what?  The world is overpopulated anyway.  And anarchy doesn't imply violence, except to the close minded.

4chan.org

a prefect working structure of evidence as to why anarchy cannot be peaceful.

Im sure it would be nice if we all went around singing sweetness and light in a happy anarchistic world. But even that would get boring in about five miniutes and someone would start busting heads.

East Coast Hustle

So what?  The world is overpopulated anyway.  And anarchy doesn't imply violence, except to humans, whose primate brains are hardwired for it.

fixed.

ECH,
loves when hippies try to ignore basic human nature
Rabid Colostomy Hole Jammer of the Coming Apocalypse™

The Devil is in the details; God is in the nuance.

Some yahoo yelled at me, saying 'GIVE ME LIBERTY OR GIVE ME DEATH', and I thought, "I'm feeling generous today.  Why not BOTH?"

Cain

Quote from: faust on October 01, 2006, 11:50:10 AM
So what?  The world is overpopulated anyway.  And anarchy doesn't imply violence, except to the close minded.

4chan.org

a prefect working structure of evidence as to why anarchy cannot be peaceful.

Im sure it would be nice if we all went around singing sweetness and light in a happy anarchistic world. But even that would get boring in about five miniutes and someone would start busting heads.

I'm guessing that site is unmoderated?  If so, most people here have trolled at FuckedCompany and so know exactly what you mean.

Oh god, what a horrible thought.  Anarchy would equal 24/7, IRL FC.  Ouch.

ñͤͣ̄ͦ̌̑͗͊͛͂͗ ̸̨̨̣̺̼̣̜͙͈͕̮̊̈́̈͂͛̽͊ͭ̓͆ͅé ̰̓̓́ͯ́́͞

P E R   A S P E R A   A D   A S T R A

Slarti

i LOL'ed. and yeah, cain, 4chan is almost entirely unmoderated. it's actually one of the more fun places on the internet but it's still totally apeshit nuts.

NapaDiscordian

So, what then, if not anarchy?  As believers in chaos, I figured maybe anarchy would get a lil more support from y'all.  I guess maybe you think people SHOULDN'T live in chaos?

Jasper

I guess maybe you think chaos exists?

lol, pattern recognition

Cain

Quote from: NapaDiscordian on October 02, 2006, 02:51:40 AM
So, what then, if not anarchy?  As believers in chaos, I figured maybe anarchy would get a lil more support from y'all.  I guess maybe you think people SHOULDN'T live in chaos?

Anarchy = the rule of the strong. I didn't know you were into anti-statist fascism.  Fascist.

Triple Zero

Quote from: NapaDiscordian on October 02, 2006, 02:51:40 AMSo, what then, if not anarchy?
1. realize there is no solution
2. bitch about it
3. laugh about it (until your sides hurt)
4. send this message to 5 other people and it will all get better, honest
Ex-Soviet Bloc Sexual Attack Swede of Tomorrow™
e-prime disclaimer: let it seem fairly unclear I understand the apparent subjectivity of the above statements. maybe.

INFORMATION SO POWERFUL, YOU ACTUALLY NEED LESS.

East Coast Hustle

OK, listen up moron, cuz I'm only gonna 'splain this ONCE.

chaos DOES NOT mean the same thing as disorder.

Chaos is the primal fabric from which order and disorder BOTH are made. Chaos could be defined for the layman as "real ultimate potential". EVERYBODY lives in chaos, whether they recognize it or not. All anarchy is is a system trying to disguise itself as a lack of a system whereby the strong get to prey on the weak with no regard to consequence or any system of morality. If anarchy were ever to become the dominant paradigm, someone like me would come by, rape your wife, sell yhour daughter to slave-traders, take all of your shit, and shoot you in the face. someone like you would be helpless to do anything but whimper softly in the corner.

capisce?

Some yahoo yelled at me, saying 'GIVE ME LIBERTY OR GIVE ME DEATH', and I thought, "I'm feeling generous today.  Why not BOTH?"

Cain

Quote from: East Coast Hustle on October 02, 2006, 01:56:29 PM

OK, listen up moron, cuz I'm only gonna 'splain this ONCE.

chaos DOES NOT mean the same thing as disorder.

Chaos is the primal fabric from which order and disorder BOTH are made. Chaos could be defined for the layman as "real ultimate potential". EVERYBODY lives in chaos, whether they recognize it or not. All anarchy is is a system trying to disguise itself as a lack of a system whereby the strong get to prey on the weak with no regard to consequence or any system of morality. If anarchy were ever to become the dominant paradigm, someone like me would come by, rape your wife, sell yhour daughter to slave-traders, take all of your shit, and shoot you in the face. someone like you would be helpless to do anything but whimper softly in the corner.

capisce?

Factual arguments are anti-Anarchist.

East Coast Hustle

B_M_W

One by one, we break the sheep from their Iron Bar Prisons and expand their imaginations, make them think for themselves. In turn, they break more from their prisons. Eventually, critical mass is reached. Our key word: Resolve. Evangelize with compassion and determination. And realize that there will be few in the beginning. We are hand picking our successors. They are the future of Discordianism. Let us guide our future with intelligence.

--Reverse Brainwashing: A Guide http://www.principiadiscordia.com/forum/index.php?topic=9801.0

6.5 billion Buddhas walking around.

99.xxxxxxx% forgot they are Buddha.