News:

PD.com: our ability to recall your stupidity makes elephants look like Alzheimer's patients.

Main Menu

STFU with your hippie shit

Started by Cain, September 21, 2006, 06:43:55 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

The Good Reverend Roger

Quote from: davznothere on September 22, 2006, 07:04:32 AM
Quote from: The Good Reverend Roger on September 22, 2006, 06:47:27 AM
Quote from: davznothere on September 22, 2006, 06:38:49 AM
Quote from: The Good Reverend Roger on September 22, 2006, 06:04:23 AM
Quote from: davznothere on September 22, 2006, 06:02:13 AM
but strangely evertime i click the link all my windows shut down .....

It's inexplicable.

not really ..... happens everytime ..... you think yer the first to post that at me ..... gods and such ..... get out more often or something .....

What, and leave all of THIS?

well at least i can say i'm here cause it's 2 am and my son is sleeping in the next room so i can't go our right now ..... i mean i could but ..... i won't cause ya know he's 6 ..... and while he makes a nice pair of Nikes for dirt cheap he still has nightmares and needs a parental figure to tuck him back in when he's scared

And I'm here because I am in the shitty back room of a bodega, on the wrong side of town, counting my ill-gotten gains.

What's your point?
" It's just that Depeche Mode were a bunch of optimistic loveburgers."
- TGRR, shaming himself forever, 7/8/2017

"Billy, when I say that ethics is our number one priority and safety is also our number one priority, you should take that to mean exactly what I said. Also quality. That's our number one priority as well. Don't look at me that way, you're in the corporate world now and this is how it works."
- TGRR, raising the bar at work.

davznothere

Quote from: The Good Reverend Roger on September 22, 2006, 07:12:04 AM
Quote from: davznothere on September 22, 2006, 07:04:32 AM
Quote from: The Good Reverend Roger on September 22, 2006, 06:47:27 AM
Quote from: davznothere on September 22, 2006, 06:38:49 AM
Quote from: The Good Reverend Roger on September 22, 2006, 06:04:23 AM
Quote from: davznothere on September 22, 2006, 06:02:13 AM
but strangely evertime i click the link all my windows shut down .....

It's inexplicable.

not really ..... happens everytime ..... you think yer the first to post that at me ..... gods and such ..... get out more often or something .....

What, and leave all of THIS?

well at least i can say i'm here cause it's 2 am and my son is sleeping in the next room so i can't go our right now ..... i mean i could but ..... i won't cause ya know he's 6 ..... and while he makes a nice pair of Nikes for dirt cheap he still has nightmares and needs a parental figure to tuck him back in when he's scared

And I'm here because I am in the shitty back room of a bodega, on the wrong side of town, counting my ill-gotten gains.

What's your point?

you know honestly i'm not sure there was a point to that ...... i must be getting old ..... am i ? ..... i'm guessing you'd know the effects of that .....

East Coast Hustle

you know, this dude sounds like he might have had real potential at one point, before all the drugs completely fried his brain.

NOTE TO NOOBS: DRUGS DO NOT HELP YOU REALIZE A HIGHER TRUTH, THEY JUST FUCKING TURN YOUR BRAIN INTO MUSH.
Rabid Colostomy Hole Jammer of the Coming Apocalypse™

The Devil is in the details; God is in the nuance.

Some yahoo yelled at me, saying 'GIVE ME LIBERTY OR GIVE ME DEATH', and I thought, "I'm feeling generous today.  Why not BOTH?"

Scribbly

Thanks for the tip, ECH, a scarier example couldn't be found.
I had an existential crisis and all I got was this stupid gender.

davznothere

you folks are funny ..... ssome drugs are good folks so don't believe the hype ..... we're not talking cocaine or crack or smack ..... just some lite drugs that altar perception a little ..... if it's not yer game thats cool but you can't really pass judgement on an experience you've never had ..... as for potential ..... i'm thinking you people know little to nothing about me and i'm thinking you take yerselves a little to seriously .....

East Coast Hustle

first off, I've used and abused just about any drug you can think of and several you don't even know exist. I'm not some straightedge moron with an agenda. Also, I enjoy the occasional cocktail or bowlpack of kind bud, and I might still eat some mushrooms or vaccum up a few lines of good blow once or twice a year.

however....

there's a HUGE difference between occasional recreational drug use in a responsible manner (and I'm talking about being responsible to YOURSELF, not to the law or society) and being high all day, every day. or even every other day. or even half of every other day. burning out your brain cells on the regular in a world where TRULY being a self-determining entity takes all of your focus and mental acuity is doing yourself and those you care about no favor. and this applies to ALL drugs, whether it's a beer and a bowlpack or a syringe full of crystal meth. no one drug is inherently better or worse than any other, though some may be more likely to trigger a chemical predilection towards addictive behavior. People who sit back and smoke pot all day and look down on someone who uses speed or coke or pills have REALLY got their heads buried up their asses.

Some yahoo yelled at me, saying 'GIVE ME LIBERTY OR GIVE ME DEATH', and I thought, "I'm feeling generous today.  Why not BOTH?"

Dell Ray

"no one drug is inherently better or worse than any other"...You're obviously talking about mind altering drugs...but some mind altering drugs are worse for you than others.  Heroin will rot your teeth out, leave track marks and fuck you up bad in the long run;  pot doesn't even come close to the long term damage...or even short term damage for sure!

East Coast Hustle

actually, out of any recreational drug you can do, heroin has the least harmful effects on your body. in fact, it doesn't have ANY harmful physical effects other than the withdrawal symptoms that come with addiction and the possibility of death by overdose. the physical deterioration that you see in heroin addicts is brought on by their general lack of hygiene and disinterest in things like eating or getting excersize, not from the drug itself. And any drug is bad if you use too much of it or use it in a manner that is personally irresponsible.

The Good Reverend Roger

Quote from: davznothere on September 22, 2006, 06:57:32 PMssome drugs are good folks so don't believe the hype .....

Most irony in one sentence since Kissinger quit.

TGRR,
May have to use that for his sig.

"Billy, when I say that ethics is our number one priority and safety is also our number one priority, you should take that to mean exactly what I said. Also quality. That's our number one priority as well. Don't look at me that way, you're in the corporate world now and this is how it works."

Dell Ray

Quote from: East Coast Hustle on September 23, 2006, 12:47:41 AM
actually, out of any recreational drug you can do, heroin has the least harmful effects on your body. in fact, it doesn't have ANY harmful physical effects other than the withdrawal symptoms that come with addiction and the possibility of death by overdose. the physical deterioration that you see in heroin addicts is brought on by their general lack of hygiene and disinterest in things like eating or getting excersize, not from the drug itself. And any drug is bad if you use too much of it or use it in a manner that is personally irresponsible.
Agreed.  I'm more of an endorphinal junkie than anything else...a risk taker...makes me feel alive.

The Good Reverend Roger

Quote from: Dell Ray on September 23, 2006, 07:57:38 AM
Quote from: East Coast Hustle on September 23, 2006, 12:47:41 AM
Agreed.  I'm more of an endorphinal junkie than anything else...a risk taker...makes me feel alive.

Respiration makes me feel like I'm alive.

So does taking a good healthy shit.

Now, as to what makes life WORTH living, ho ho!  That's something else, entirely.

The Good Reverend Roger

Quote from: Dell Ray on September 23, 2006, 08:13:05 AM
Do tell?

In my case?  Sheer hatred, and an uncanny ability to make the average primate's day go by just that much slower.

Oh, and laughing at the dumbasses in our "government".

TGRR,
Thinks OMF is worth a chuckle or two, as well, as long as it isn't some dumbass street theater bullshit.

Dell Ray

Why the hate, it takes so much energy...and ya have to smile lookin' at some of the stuff around here.

The Good Reverend Roger

Quote from: Dell Ray on September 23, 2006, 08:27:12 AM
Why the hate, it takes so much energy...

and ya have to smile lookin' at some of the stuff around here.

1.  So what?  The humans are worth the extra effort.  Besides, I can't allow my ego to go all flabby.

2.  That's not a smile.  That's a rictus.