News:

Don't get me wrong, I greatly appreciate the fact that you're at least putting effort into sincerely arguing your points. It's an argument I've enjoyed having. It's just that your points are wrong and your reasons for thinking they're right are stupid.

Main Menu

It's time to join the Lemming Parade

Started by AFK, October 17, 2006, 07:53:08 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

AFK

Well, how are you feeling right now? Good, well, sorry if I spoil it for you, but, you aren't as well as you might think.......

So, have you been watching the news lately? You DO know that IT is coming right? What is IT? What the hell ISN'T IT? And why, for the love of the laughing stoned Jesus, are people surprised anymore?

"Oh my god, those filthy congressmen are coming on to those poor 16 year old pages.!"

"My goodness, that Kim what's his name sure is crazy. But, our troops will protect us."

"Wow, gas is only $2.20 now. Let's go buy a Big Screen Teevee!!!"

And so the ignorant naivete abounds. And so we will continue the firey spiral downwards as we line up to the voting booth. Once again we will pull the levers, poke the chads, click the link, to excercise our right to "Freedom and Democracy." Because, of course, when your buddy gets into Congress he is going to act in YOUR best interests. Yeah, sure he is.

Oh, and did you miss the bit at the U.N. where the diplomat from North Korea pretty much told the U.S. to suck it? Yeah, everything is going to be alright. But don't let that keep you from enjoying your "Deal, Or No Deal."

See, when everyone lines up to cast their votes they forget about all of this stuff. They forget who is responsible for getting us to where we are. And so the vote is cast for the standby's. The names, the parties, the colors that are familiar. The cooks running for those crazy parties are just laughed off and not even considered. It's a perpetual two-horse race. Even though one horse has no fucking clue where it is going and the other just barrels straight ahead paying no attention to the deviations of the track. It's time to enter some new horses but no one wants to break in the broncos. They are just way too scary to even think about.

So, yeah, I'm afraid to say that as long as THEY are still up on Teh Hill we are doomed for a future of radioactive corn flakes. And when the American public wakes up with that healthy ashen complexion of warts and welts, they can take one look in the mirror and see the true "Axis of Evil."
Cynicism is a blank check for failure.

Triple Zero

:-( :potd: ...

edit: oh i just saw the other one is pretty good too, well split prize then!
Ex-Soviet Bloc Sexual Attack Swede of Tomorrow™
e-prime disclaimer: let it seem fairly unclear I understand the apparent subjectivity of the above statements. maybe.

INFORMATION SO POWERFUL, YOU ACTUALLY NEED LESS.