News:

PD.com: The culmination of the 'Ted Stevens Plan'

Main Menu

OTHER VALUABLE DISCORDIAN SITES

Started by The Mgt, October 11, 2006, 12:46:20 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Cramulus

Oh shit, hi Syn!

That's really weird about poee.co.uk being up, and containing stuff you wrote, but you're not driving it anymore?

While we've got you here -- Tiwesdaeg runs a Discordian archive and is looking for high-res files for the Principia... I figure that if anybody has them, you'd have them.

Rev. St. Syn, KSC (Ret.)

Quote from: Cramulus on March 03, 2021, 12:50:38 PM
Oh shit, hi Syn!

That's really weird about poee.co.uk being up, and containing stuff you wrote, but you're not driving it anymore?

While we've got you here -- Tiwesdaeg runs a Discordian archive and is looking for high-res files for the Principia... I figure that if anybody has them, you'd have them.

Hey Cram! :D I did have a complete hi-res scan of the Loompanics PD at one time. I went looking for that in particular and unfortunately I have lost the files (it was 2006 when I did that!) The have also lost the actual hard-copy I physically sliced the pages out of, so I could scan it completely flat. UGH! I am happy to provide a PDF of the new 2021 Edition of the POEE UK Red/Snake PD to anybody that wants it. I just need to make sure the publication goes ahead. Amazon are running hot and cold right now and making unrealistic demands, but the Lulu hardcover looks to be going ahead as of right now and will be finalized by the end of the week! Once it's published I'll put the PDF on my GDrive and post it here. If anybody wants to get in touch about any other Ancient ErisianaTM that I might have, please do!
Synaptyclypse Generator Publishing Sect, POEE International Resource Center

Saint Tuesday

This may be the hardcover I've been wanting! I've been working on my own version using Libre Office Draw and Lulu, but the scans I had access to were small and full of scanning artifacts. My test print didn't look as nice as I wanted. What paper type are you using? I chose the 80# Coated White, but I don't think the smooth shiny paper works well. It would make sense if it was a comic book. The linen wrap binding came out really nice. I wasn't as happy with the printing on the matte cover. Maybe it would have looked better glossy.

Doktor Howl

Quote from: Rev. St. Syn, KSC on March 03, 2021, 08:07:40 AM
Quote from: Doktor Howl on March 03, 2021, 03:08:21 AM
Well, YOU'RE a sight for sore eyes.

I had no idea POEE UK was up.
It only took me 9 years to remember my password.  :horrormirth:

Yeah, I was surprised POEE UK was up and running and contains some text. I was just interested that someone is paying for the domain and hosting. I don't want it back or anything. I'm trying to get the Snake/Red Principia Discordia published through Amazon as a paperback and Lulu again as a hardback and when that's done I'd like people to know/ thought I could ask the owner to stick an update on for me when it's done and ready to print, which should be by the end of the week.

In the future, you can just ask Cain or Faust for a password reset.

Molon Lube

Doktor Howl

You have a link to it?  Because I'm getting the big 404.
Molon Lube

Rev. St. Syn, KSC (Ret.)

altered

I don't have many books because of homelessness but a hardcover PD would be one I'd want. Along with hardcover BIP and Holy Nonsense, of course. I'd fucking find a way to make it work. Who needs clothes, right?
"I am that worst of all type of criminal...I cannot bring myself to do what you tell me, because you told me."

There's over 100 of us in this meat-suit. You'd think it runs like a ship, but it's more like a hundred and ten angry ghosts having an old-school QuakeWorld tournament, three people desperately trying to make sure the gamers don't go hungry or soil themselves, and the Facilities manager weeping in the corner as the garbage piles high.

LMNO

I dunno if Lulu does hardcover, but I've got a few paperbacks of the CTC around the house, want one?

Rev. St. Syn, KSC (Ret.)

Quote from: LMNO on March 03, 2021, 05:44:57 PM
I dunno if Lulu does hardcover, but I've got a few paperbacks of the CTC around the house, want one?
I'm setting up the new 2021 PD there in hardcover. It's been a while since I used them and it was new to me.

Amazon is where I'm having a problem. They seem to think the PD should be re-typeset from scratch so it reads like a normal book. There may not be a new Amazon paperback version. I'll keep hacking away trying to get them to understand that it's MEANT to look they way it does.  :lulz:

Rev. St. Syn, KSC (Ret.)

Quote from: altered on March 03, 2021, 05:15:03 PM
I don't have many books because of homelessness but a hardcover PD would be one I'd want. Along with hardcover BIP and Holy Nonsense, of course. I'd fucking find a way to make it work. Who needs clothes, right?
Damn! You should probably take care of the important things first. This damned hardcover PD isn't exactly going to be cheap. $30 plus shipping I'm lead to believe. Way pricier than the 2007 hardcover I put out.  :horrormirth:

LMNO

Quote from: Rev. St. Syn, KSC on March 03, 2021, 05:56:11 PM
I'm setting up the new 2021 PD there in hardcover. It's been a while since I used them and it was new to me.

Amazon is where I'm having a problem. They seem to think the PD should be re-typeset from scratch so it reads like a normal book. There may not be a new Amazon paperback version. I'll keep hacking away trying to get them to understand that it's MEANT to look they way it does.  :lulz:

Yeah, I was unpleasantly surprised when I found out that the CTC was available on Amazon for like three times the price as Lulu.  Naturally, I see none of those profits.  I have stickied the situation on the FB page, and have advised that people buy directly from Lulu.

altered

Quote from: Rev. St. Syn, KSC on March 03, 2021, 05:58:57 PM
Quote from: altered on March 03, 2021, 05:15:03 PM
Damn! You should probably take care of the important things first. This damned hardcover PD isn't exactly going to be cheap. $30 plus shipping I'm lead to believe. Way pricier than the 2007 hardcover I put out.  :horrormirth:

I am just saying, 9 times of 10, money is not my issue. (Recently is a different story.) Also, luck is on my side it seems MAYBE.

More problematic is weight and space to put a book. LITTLE KNOWN FACT: Paper is HEAVY. I have like 5 physical books, and any two of them together is straining my muscles. Since I have to carry ~70% of what I own... well, you do the math.

Hence ditching clothes, which are ALSO surprisingly heavy and not entirely necessary!

(Less funny, about half of my actually-heavy clothing was bought back when I couldn't gain weight — so it no longer fits anyway. I've been looking to ditch it for a bit now.)
"I am that worst of all type of criminal...I cannot bring myself to do what you tell me, because you told me."

There's over 100 of us in this meat-suit. You'd think it runs like a ship, but it's more like a hundred and ten angry ghosts having an old-school QuakeWorld tournament, three people desperately trying to make sure the gamers don't go hungry or soil themselves, and the Facilities manager weeping in the corner as the garbage piles high.

Doktor Howl

Molon Lube

Rev. St. Syn, KSC (Ret.)

Quote from: Doktor Howl on March 03, 2021, 09:37:40 PM
Quote from: Rev. St. Syn, KSC on March 03, 2021, 03:50:43 PM
http://www.poee.co.uk/ It's working for me.

QuoteWe are Sondra London & DrJon Swabey.
WOW :lulz: Well, that solves that.  :lol:
POEE UK is dead, long live POEE International :fap: POEEI won't have a site, tho. I'm done with that shit.

Rev. St. Syn, KSC (Ret.)

I do! Drop me a pm? Cheers! :fap:
Quote from: LMNO on March 03, 2021, 06:49:19 PM
Yeah, I was unpleasantly surprised when I found out that the CTC was available on Amazon for like three times the price as Lulu.  Naturally, I see none of those profits.  I have stickied the situation on the FB page, and have advised that people buy directly from Lulu.
Yeah, this is the mess I got into with the paperback version. Hopefully going with Amazon direct will stop that, but they don't seem to want to publish it because of the way it looks!